Reviews of Intuition by Estée Lauder

Genre: Floral Oriental

Intuition’s spiced citrus and light floral top notes steer well clear of the cheap hard candy effect that plagues so many fruity floral scents. I attribute much of the accord’s delightful quality to its abstract nature. Rather than imitate a particular fruit, a cocktail, or a bubblegum flavor, it evokes an unnamed, imaginary fruit, and is all the better for it.

Intuition evolves quickly into a mild, sweet, fruity floral oriental that’s perfectly polite and pleasant to wear, if also nondescript. Both the fruit and the floral bouquet remain abstract – evidence, I imagine, of effective blending. Unfortunately, while attractive and amiable, both are also more bland than I’d like. It’s Intuition’s drydown, though that ultimately lets it down. Intuition is one of those rare fragrances that grows stronger, not weaker, as it dries down, and its base notes center on a soapy rose accord that’s both strident and chemically sour. As the rose’s volume increases it moves from disappointing to outright irritating, so that after three or four hour’s wear Intuition becomes an olfactory nuisance. Lauder has done much better, not least in Pleasures, which shares some of Intuition’s fruity floral content and mild, abstract quality, though in a more purely floral context.
17th June, 2014
Quite feminine and complementary with the male version of the scent. In style, de facto, male and female version are the same and yet the male version is unmistakably masculine, whilst the femme version is unmistakably feminine. This is not for a "from the hood" girl, but for a woman that has some class and is intelligent. Scent itself is quite flowery, slightly backed up by woody notes, very well rounded and refined. There is a certain heaviness about it, but not such that it could not be worn during hotter weather, albeit with very mild application.
25th September, 2012
Bought this on impulse one time. It wasn't bad, just wasn't me. It turned to extreme amber after about a half hour, and nothing about it inspired me to buy another bottle.
03rd September, 2012

I've never really been a fan of Estee Lauder fragrances, I always found them to smell slightly odd to my nose, however Intuition surprised me to say the least.

I really enjoyed the citrusy opening which was refreshing and instantly reminded me of Summer. I just loved the way the lemon, grapefruit and bergamot blended so well together creating a scent that was sweet and lively.

Unfortunately it is scents with these citrusy openings that never blend well with my skin chemistry, and sure enough this beautiful scent turned to rotten grapefruit when I wore it.

Despite the fact that this fragrance and I are not meant to be, I still admire this scent when worn by other people.

The heart of Intuition becomes a soft and somewhat powdery floral blend, which is absolutely gorgeous. The rose note is an absolute standout and it gives this fragrance that classy, feminine touch. I'll also agree with the other reviewers here that sensed a vanilla note in Intuition, it is certainly present for my nose as well, particularly in the drydown.

I actually adore the bottle design of Intuition, which is surprising because I very rarely pay attention to a fragrance's packaging. The oval shaped bottle with the slightly off-centre, abstract cap is clearly something you would take pride in displaying on your dresser.

The lasting strength was great on other people, however on myself, not only did it smell off but it also didn't last. I do urge you not to do a blind purchase on this fragrance because you may end up with the same results as me. Apart from that this fragrance is a crisp, pleasant and casual scent which I highly recommend.

04th June, 2011
My bottle reads "INTUITION Summer In Bloom". It's minty/musky/musty/soapy/very boring. It's been sitting there for 3 years. IDEA - I will use it up as a toilet spray.
28th August, 2010
Sour powder on me. Oh, I was just prompted that this review is too short and I need to make it longer. OK, it's still sour powder on me.
16th June, 2010
Sharp astringency lasts for over an hour on me before finally settling down to a nice floral on faint, creamy amber. By this time, the scent itself is very faint unfortunately.
23rd August, 2008
I got a mini bottle of Intuition as a promotion. Although it is a very nice fragrance, I don't get anything incredible with this perfume. I can definitely smell mandarine. May be that why I prejudged it, because I am usually a fan of powdery fragrances. Well, it is definitely nice. Moreover, I get the most compliments with Intuition. People say that they can smell me even when I am meters away. And they like it. This is why I like to give it a try.
01st June, 2008
I very much liked this fragrance, I always think it smells of guava, perhaps it is the mixture of scents that combine to produce the guava effect on me. I love the smell of guava, it has a very distinct smell that I just want to keep inhaling, like this fragrance.
08th May, 2008
Tovah Show all reviews
Intuition is lovely and sensual but not so sensual that it cannot appropriately be worn during the day. It has a warm, golden amber base but light, fresh floral topnotes that make it extremely well-rounded. My husband really likes this one. This is one of my favorite amber fragrances as its not too heavy or powdery.
22nd February, 2006
Despite a great experience with a sample of this perfume, the scent from the spray bottle of eau de parfum I purchased has a disturbingly abiotic overtone and quickly evolves from nearly astringent grapefruity tones and something rose-like into persistent odors of decaying saliva (their version of bergamot?) and fluid from bacterial abcesses (the "double rose"?). [Unfortunately, I know these and other specific aversive odors through my work.] It is in many ways remarkably similar to the scent of L'oreal's self-tanning lotion.

An ex who enjoys flavored coffee really liked it on me.
31st December, 2005
I really like Intuition. It is a great scent for a day at the office. Would also be nice for a romantic dinner at a fancy restaurant. A plus is that Dear Hubbie likes it very much! The body lotion isn't true to fragrance so I don't recommend the lotion.
28th November, 2005 (last edited: 13th February, 2006)
Intuition EDP.
Glorious sunshiny scent. Very bright and fresh on the nose on first spritz, then gradually warms up on the skin to a gently sweet floral with amber permeating right through. Like a second skin. Wearable all year round with great longevity.

Was given this by a friend who received it as a sample but despises perfumes. Out of pure serendipidity, I found my Holy Grail!
If you like the frgrance of Earl Grey/Lady Grey tea, then you'll love this!
14th September, 2005