Reviews of Sensi by Giorgio Armani

Find out more about Sensi by Giorgio Armani in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

rbaker's avatar

Lime and jasmine form an initial friendship, later buttressed by sweet, very sweet fruitiness. Synthetic, bland overall. Lasts two hours on my skin.

23 November, 2013

Laylah's avatar

Lovely, classic but fresh. I always get compliments and have worn it off and on for years. Not at all too much or too old, but still old school LBD of a perfume.

29 January, 2013

blood-orange's avatar

The first time I tested Sensi I got an awful shock because what I got was an acidic, oily, putrid smelling concoction on my wrist. However after scrubbing it off vigorously in the ladies room, I tried another tester bottle and much to my relief, this tester bottle was not off.

The real Sensi, while still fresh, is delightfully elegant, slightly powdery and clean smelling. The scent is heavy enough to be worn in the colder months, however if applied with a light hand, Sensi could be worn well in Spring.

This perfume is simply lovely. Although not very unique, I like Sensi's simplistic scent. However I will agree with Annehke that for all the unique and interesting notes listed, the overall product does slightly disappoint. I was expecting Sensi to smell unlike anything I'd ever tried before.

I do however get the jasmine, almond and vanilla notes which together make a delightful mixture. Like all Armani scents, this fragrance is certainly sophisticated and elegant. I can see this scent suiting almost every occasion, whether it be casual or formal.

I recommend Sensi to lovers of creamy, powdery and classic scents like Allure by Chanel and D&G by Dolce & Gabbana, to name a few.

04 June, 2011

Ankica's avatar

Croatia Croatia

One of my favorite perfumes. It has everything! It is creamy, soft, sensual and in the same time makes me feel good and protected.

26 December, 2009

Honeybuz's avatar

I came across Sensi a few years back, while looking for a new fragrance and from the first whiff, i was in love. My heart pounded, pupils dilated and my cheeks went rosy red. I was head over heels. It took extreme self control not to walk away with a bottle. I've been caught confusing love and lust before - i didnt wnat to make the same mistake again. Over the next several weeks, i visted the shop many times to try on the fragrance before work. An amazing thing happened to me. I felt confident, self assured and so sexy when i wore this fragrance. Men compliement men, women asked what i was wearing. This was THE fragrance for me. Even now when i spray it, my heart does a flip-flop and and i turn from a simple girl to a femme fatale. Quite simply, this fragrance is sex in a bottle.

08 November, 2008

Fragranza's avatar

Germany Germany

Powdery, feminine and discreet - a true winner when it comes to skin scents. Unlike the others reviewers I find Sensi rather cool and not warming at all, although the acacia adds a kind of golden shine to the composition. I adore it's understated elegance.

Edit:
    Sad news: Sensi has been discontinued. :-( What a shame.

23 September, 2008 (Last Edited: 04 October, 2009)

pince_nez's avatar

A beautiful, refined, and warm floral/woody fragrace for the sophisticated career woman. This scent is versatile enough to carry one from the office straight on to dinner. Very nice indeed. Not really for girls, IMO. This opens with a blast of florals highlighted by powdery aldehydes, then settles into a very warm woody/vanilla/musky base. Excellent sillage.

20th September, 2008

DebraJean's avatar

I suprised no one has made the connection before but as a medical weed state I know that this Sensi smells like Sensi buds. That bubble gum over ripe banna smell on a backround of vanilla. It's to synthic for my tastes but an interesting concept.

02 September, 2008 (Last Edited: 13 October, 2008)

vintage*red's avatar

A warm, pretty, uncomplicated scent. I used to wear this one exclusively in the winter, until I read a comment that wearing this in summer was a refreshing change. On a summer night, there is something sexy yet comforting about it. While not inspiring, this is a safe choice for a gift and a safe choice for any situation. Just like my old cotton nightgown, Sensi is a fragrance that I like to keep around.

04 August, 2008

sunsetingalata's avatar

Turkey Turkey

Fresh? I don't think so. I bought this fragrance as a gift, but then I showed it to a friend of mine just to get her idea about the perfume as a gift. I always liked her fragrance taste and when she said "really good", I decided to keep it for me. As I said, it is not fresh to me. I like fresh perfumes and my understanding of fresh is more like Davidoff Cool Water (women). I like powdery perfumes, too, but I can not say that Sensi is exactly a powdery perfume either. It was strange to me at first. Not exactly my style. But because my expert friend told that this piece was good, I kept it and started to use it frequently after a while because I got compliments whenever I used it. Then it became my top choice. I like some other Armani stuff and I agree that armani has its own signature. Sensi is strange to me at first but not a "bad strange" rather a "good strange". It is powdery somehow but not an ordinary powdery, it has its own and unique way of powdery. There is something weird in it, I don't know what, may be this benzoin thing. But I don't suggest it to those who like flowery fragrances or romantic stuff. Sensi is mature yet not old, feminine and sexy. I also agree that it has reat lasting power. It is not fresh according to me but definitely dynamic and energizing. To sum up, Sensi is good stuff.

13 April, 2008

Andrewthecologneguy's avatar

Nigeria Nigeria

A winner when it comes to women frags. Definately not a cheapo smell. Initial whiff did nothing for me, but once it settled down, it had this clean, fresh sexy that I love. Subtle vanilla does very well with everything else (quite exotic!) blended together to create this gloriuos scent. Confident femininity without any feminist tones, sexy sensual yet non-flirtatious, "I mean business" but I am friendly...perfect for the married woman!
    HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

09 August, 2007

Goddess_Dreams's avatar

This is a wonderful "Play-Doh" type scent that creamy and long-lasting. It slightly reminds me of Dior Addict but with less floral notes and more of that almondy something that caresses your skin and makes my hubby chase after me ;).

02 January, 2007

rubyred's avatar

I can't do Sensi. The lime (I can smell gineger in there too) is very harsh and overpowering. I had to give it to my son's girlfriend, who loves it.

24 August, 2006

Marritza's avatar

Sensi is a laid-back, shimmery and warm fragrance and it definitely makes the same point with the bottle - very sensual :). It's well-balanced but not fresh enough for me - after a couple of hours it smelled like sweaters made of acrylic - kinda plasticky and invasive - maybe it's the benzoin. It's a wonderful fragrance though - on others.

11th August, 2006

d_silent_one's avatar

I think Connoisseur's review sums it up perfectly although the other reviews are right on too. Sensi is lovely and it definitely has that musky vanillaish type of smell to it, and it's not too sweet. I fell in love with it when I smelled it on a co-worker of mine and when she told me it was something by Armani, I went all around looking for it. As a result, I got into the Armani perfumes which I had never smelled before. Armani definitely has his signature in all of his perfumes EXCEPT Sensi. He sort of veered off on this one to my most pleasure. Thanks Armani, you've done a great job with this one!

04 August, 2006

flaming_june0101's avatar

Although I don't wear this one every day (I usually choose fragrances depending on my mood), I love this fragrance. The top notes of lime leaves gets me every time. It's beautifully crisp and fresh within the first few minutes of applying, but it warms down to this powdery vanilla as the day wears on. I've gotten great compliments on it at work as well.

29 May, 2006

chaelaran1008's avatar

IMHO Sensi is refined and restrained, quietly confident and sensual.It is sophisticated in a relaxed rather than artful manner. Whenever I wear this I feel serene, chilled out and happy to just take it easy. Not my first choice for work then(!) but for when I want time to stand still almost Sensi is absolutely perfect.

25 April, 2006

bonni's avatar

The top notes on this are a real wow for me, very fresh and light and spunky, and then the fragrance settles down into something a little sweeter, with a final note of a delicious vanilla (and musk?) that's sweet, but not too sweet. This one is perfect for a great many occasions, because it's subtle but distinctive, and definitely feminine. Very nicely designed fragrance, and one of my regulars.

20th February, 2006

vicky's avatar

Also one of my fragrances. The lime top note is very refreshing and i love the vanilla in the basenote. everyone always comments when i wear this fragrance and it lingers on and on and on and on......
    THUMBS & FINGERS AND TOES UP!

10th December, 2003

Connoisseur's avatar

Starts out a very soft, clean and fresh floral and becomes somewhat warm and sweeter as it dries down. Has a very pleasant powdery note that gives the scent a distinct feminine flavor. In my opinion, Sensi is a perfect mix of sexy, mature femininity and the sweet pleasures of youth. Has great lasting power too. Sensi is definitely one of my new favorites.

16 November, 2003