Positive Reviews of Eau Folle by Guy Laroche

At first I assumed "Folle" meant "bird," as in "Cage aux Folles," but I learned that was incorrectly translated as "Bird Cage." "Folle" actually means "mad woman" or "eccentric woman." It can also mean an independent, unique woman, I imagine, by today's standards.

So, "independent woman water," eh? Not the most romantic or descriptive name available. This is a wonderful strong citrus, supported delicately by cumin and oak moss. Very unisex in today's world and reminiscent of my favorite Laroche, J'ai Ose. A real winner and a great summer scent, especially in the warm evenings.

I was lucky enough to find a two dram bottle of the edt on Etsy for a mere $15, so it is out there and very much worth trying.

26th July, 2016
Amazing they discontinued this gem... smells like Dior's eau fraiche also discontinued but not impossible to find. It echoes its time (1970's). Fresh lemony, like a field in the sun untainted by man.. but visited by precious fresh breeze carrying the most seductive of senses... if you are lucky enough to have stumbled upon it. I love it.... Have a 110ml bottle certainly an unusual size... perfect in every way and it didn't have to cost me a fortune like the discontinued dior...
31st January, 2007