Reviews of Hanae Mori (new / Butterfly) by Hanae Mori

Find out more about Hanae Mori (new / Butterfly) by Hanae Mori in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

takemyhusbandplz's avatar

It is okay for what I'd call a foody fragrance. If I had to choose a vanilla based perfume that was my favorite it would have to be this. On me it first turns to vanilla then to a vanilla/strawberry/sugary cream. If I liked foody scents this would be okay. Not my 1st choice; seems too Brittany Spearish.

13 February, 2006

calchic's avatar

I love this fragrance with all my heart ONCE I get past its very aggressive and sharp opening, which never fails to remind me of Windex. (Is that the fault of the topnote of bilberry? I'm going to go ahead and say yes, since it's the one note in the mix that I don't "know" as an individual. Bad bilberry!) I've worn HM through the years in both EDT and EDP combos, and it's an exquisitely adult confection, couture candy with a very real and sensual underlying warmth. Sidenote: to be applied and enjoyed in small doses - do not overspray this one. I've experienced it on others when overapplied and it's not pretty, trust me. Kills the whole effect. Like all great fragrances, a few touches of this, applied in the proper places, takes you through the day in the manner of an exquisitely rendered designer ensemble.

07 September, 2005

Quarry's avatar

Sweet strawberry cotton candy with a little wood. Hanae Mori is extraordinarily popular, and many men love it (my husband is not one of them). You may find it cloying or too foody a fragrance. I'd peg it as a young woman's scent. It's fairly simple, but has good staying power. I find Chopard's Mira Bai more interesting. I highly recommend comparing samples of each.

12 August, 2005

RoseAmber's avatar

Sweet, pretty, feminine, elegant, and classic...I love Butterfly edt and it's a staple in my fragrance wardrobe. Whenever I want a "pink and white" mood, I spray Butterly Pink! It's a sweet fragrance, but its woodsy drydown keeps it from being cloying, and gives it depth.

11th June, 2005

LJHardy's avatar

I was given a sample of this fragrance five months ago, and it was the first fragrance I've ever tried that I loved straight away. In fact as soon as I'd used up the sample I went out and bought it. I've hardly worn any other fragrance since! People are always asking what perfume I'm wearing when I have this on, and use words such as "sexy" and "subtle" to describe it.

19 April, 2004