Negative Reviews of Helmut Lang Woman by Helmut Lang

Find out more about Helmut Lang Woman by Helmut Lang in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

margi's avatar

England England

Loads of people comment on this when I rarely wear it, that I feel unfair in saying that this is one of my least favourite purchases of all times. I love the musk, but the overpowering vanilla nauseates me and gives me a headache. Longevity is good, which is always unfortunate for me when I wear it!! I have never smelt this on anyone else so have little insight into how it might smell on others, maybe it is my chemistry that makes it so unpleasant. Definitely try before you buy, and IMHO not ideal as a gift, way too risky.

04 April, 2007

calchic's avatar

The musk - aka "skin accord" - notes in this unisex (there's not one each for men and women; they're the same fragrance) scent kill it for me and not in a good way at all. Musk is not generally a problem note for me but in this incarnation in Helmut Lang it's just cheap-n-nasty and so prevalent that the only other notes I can even detect are the lavendar and almondy heliotrope, neither of which exactly meld well with said skin accord. A chilly, metallic scent on me and also very cologne-y, it's not pleasant on my skin. Others don't care for it on me either; I have received several semi-pointed anti-compliments on it when wearing it.

15 September, 2005