Neutral Reviews of Revolution à Versailles by Jean Desprez

Find out more about Revolution à Versailles by Jean Desprez in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

Jean Patou Fan's avatar
    Jean Patou Fan

I remember trying Revolution a Versailles for the first time, and being so disappointed; I have always loved Bal a Versailles, and had been expecting Revolution to be equally elegant, distinguished and unique. Unfortunately I found it to be a very familiar and nondescript white floral, with just a touch of adehyde, along the lines of Gianfranco Ferre or the original version of Nina. Not in any way unplesant, but nothing special, in complete contrast to Bal a Versailles. I tried Revolution several times over the next few years to see if I'd missed something the first time, but never found anything more.

I'm not giving Revolution a thumbs down because I did not dislike it; I would describe it as a pleasant but non descript. I can't see lovers of Bal a Versailles falling for Revolution.

25 March, 2010

Dilek's avatar
    Dilek

I actually have a question when was Sheherzade,Bal a Versailles and Revolution a Versailles discontuned? There is a store in Canada which carries Bal a Versailles and Revolution a Versailles, but i do not know if these are reformulated versions.

Can anyone help?