Positive Reviews of Enjoy by Jean Patou

Find out more about Enjoy by Jean Patou in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

bookwyrmsmith's avatar

I really like EnJoy . It's a really ,really pretty rose scent on me. Yes it IS a bit synthetic but I find it to be within tolerable limits. The opening is lovely fresh roses ,after awhile it either is more skin scent on me or more probably my nose is tired . But when I walk around shopping I'll get a whiff of something that's just BEAUTIFUL and wonder what it is . Until I realize that the scent trail I smelled was my own. I have a FB and a mini and lotion( true to the scent and well scented , penetrates well but doesn't moisturize all that much) and shower gel ( haven't tried it yet). I may back up EnJoy a bit as it appears to be getting axed from the lineup ( or up for reformulations due to EU over regulation ) .

23 June, 2014

Bal a Versailles's avatar

Do you wear it well? In the end your body chemistry decides and if you wear it well you should charge through the hordes like Boudica, head high, trailing sillage. I may well buy this again as it is the most complimented perfume I have ever worn. I thought it was a bit young for me and I quailed. Tonight, in an Italian restaurant, a woman close to my age arrived in a thermonuclear cloud of, I think, Agent Provocateur. I think I will enjoy Enjoy and do my best to wear it well

27 April, 2013

Weimar27's avatar

A soapish beging but in a few seconds
    dries to a scent of black current tart
    and suble sweet banana it's refreshed
    with cassia and orange to make it zesty
    and the pear makes it smooth. for me
    in perfumes i'v always have a hard time
    detecting eather the rose or the jasmine
    notes. the drydown is with the usual
    mix of amber and musk with an occasional
    vanilla.

09 October, 2010 (Last Edited: 12 December, 2010)

w3pearl's avatar

too much patchouli...

08 April, 2010 (Last Edited: 26 January, 2011)

Luisetta's avatar

I think this is a greatly underrated fragrance. I put it in the same fun, bright, confident and slightly vulgar category as Gucci's Rush. It's very fruity with tropical overtones but anchored by a welcome blast of dry earthy patchouli, which makes it an instant confidence booster suited to bare skin and hot weather. Enjoy is just short of loud on me and, surprisingly, given the alpha nature of its components (banana?), never cloys. it has excellent lasting power and a nice slightly smoky caramel drydown. I emptied a bottle a few summers ago and will probably buy another. (Joy fans be warned: apart from the name, there is no discernible relationship with that grande dame.)

02 August, 2009

Bastetcat's avatar

Poor red-headed stepchild! I think EnJoy is unfairly being rated against big sister Joy. I like it. It's very well blended and complex. More "modern", less "perfume-y" smelling than Joy. I find it sweet without being cloying at all. I definitely recommend you give it an honest try before dismissing it.

The notes came out backwards on me. I smelled the floral heart notes first - but that may be because I adore rose and jasmine, and instinctively seek them out in any fragrance. The florals lasted about 45 minutes. Now, an hour later, I smell the top note fruits balanced on the patchouli/musk base. Florals mostly all gone. I get more of a "peach" smell than anything else. Otherwise, I can't really single out a particular fruit, but I don't find any "bananna" note at all. This is a good thing as far as I'm concerned as I was rather dreading that note. Hints of nice vanilla.

I love a perfume that evolves well on me, and this is definitely one of them.

This is my second try, and I'm hooked. While I like big sister better, EnJoy is lovely enough that I'm now looking to buy a bottle. 2 thumbs up!

02 August, 2009

LEWheir's avatar

I consider this my signature scent. The first 1-2 minutes the fragrance is almost cloyingly sweet, but the base notes are gorgeous, subtle and lasts all day. It's a great everyday perfume for me, and I get tons of compliments from both men and women when I wear it. However, I've heard it reacts very different on different people (my friend tried it when she was visiting and had to scrub it off after a few minutes. It smelled like mildewed cedar on her), so I would definitely sample it on yourself before purchasing a bottle.

18 January, 2009

marinalil's avatar

Bulgaria Bulgaria

The smell is anoying during the first 2-3 minutes but after that it makes me enjoy every minute i wear it. Not appropriate for the summer but Enjoy lights up the winter cloudy days in my mind.

13 August, 2008

Tovah's avatar

This is NOTHING like Joy to me. Enjoy is:
    1. Underrated
    2. A fun, sexy tropical floral that can be worn anytime, anywhere.

If you're looking for Joy-Legere, this is not it. If you're looking for a sultry, tropical top-note, sexy woody drydown scent - do give this a try. It's wonderful!

21st December, 2006