Negative Reviews of Jovan Musk by Jovan

Find out more about Jovan Musk by Jovan in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

jaokguy's avatar

always have loved jovan musk for men....no matter how many other expensive colognes i've tried in the past, jovan always, and i mean always, gets the most compliments from women...they honestly go bananas , i don't know if it's my chemistry mixing with it or what but it literally makes them weak in the knees ...i have one problem however, and it's a big one..i don't know what new stuff you've put in or taken out of the cologne in the last few years or so, but it used to last all day and even into the next day which was just fantastic...as a matter of fact as it wore off a tad it even smelled better because it wasn't too strong but just right...it no longer lasts anymore...i swear it only works for 10 minutes now and i don't know why....please go back to the old formula because now it's just stupid to buy since it won't last.it smells exactly the same, but it just wears off in 10 minutes. there's absolutely no trace of it after that...i have to thumbs down until you guys fix it. when it's like it was i wouldn't even come close to buying another cologne, but now i won't buy jovan anymore at all...please fix it...you've ruined such a great scent.

28 July, 2009

Cutecthulu's avatar

I expected a cheap, cheerful musk. I got a cheap, boring floral. The copy on the box promises to increase your "sex appeal," but this stuff is about as sexy as last week's mashed potatoes.

27 January, 2009

MissBehaviour's avatar

Germany Germany

I am a musk fan and enjoy finding inexpensive fragrances to add to my collection, but this simply didn't wow me on any level--even for the price. The smell is a pleasant enough powdery white floral one, but it evaporates on my skin seconds after application. If I want this to show up I need to douse myself in it, and the effect of that is too artificially cloying. I now use it to scent my laundry. My all time favourite inexpensive musk is still The Body Shop's White Musk (the perfume oil version), closely followed by The Body Shop's Japanese Musk perfume oil.

20th July, 2008