Neutral Reviews of Jungle L'Éléphant by Kenzo

Find out more about Jungle L'Éléphant by Kenzo in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

foetidus

The spices cardamom and cumin are immediately prominent to my nose and don’t get much of a clove note, and together, the cardamom and cumin give me pretty much of a rerun of Secretions Magnifiques. Of course the unique combination of notes in the heart level of Jungle L’Elephant also contribute to the fragrance’s special character: I don’t get the mango note but the ylang-ylang, licorice, and heliotrope work together to provide quite a bit of a tropical jungle feel to middle notes. The base is a warm patchouli, amber, and vanilla which carries with it some of the floral sweetness from the middle level.

Kenzo’s Jungle L’Elephant is certainly unique. It is also creative and energetic. The notes, though interesting and very nicely put together, do not perform very well on my skin so I am hesitant to vote it a thumbs up. Good sillage and very good longevity.

19 January, 2010

ummmily's avatar
    ummmily

If I sit with my nose pressed against my wrist, I can smell the potential- but when I wear this it's like I'm a gigantic walking clove leaf. It's very distinctive, and I wouldn't call it strictly "feminine" until it's been worn for about 30 minutes and a teensy bit of the clove has worn off. Though it doesn't work with me, so I wouldn't wear it out- I occasionally give myself a squirt when I'm sure I'll be home all day because it's reminiscent of something in my past that I can't pinpoint, but I find cozy and comforting.

11th January, 2009