Positive Reviews of Trésor (new) by Lancôme

Find out more about Trésor (new) by Lancôme in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

JackTwist's avatar

This is everything Barbara Herman and Luca Turin claim it to be - powdery apricot rose with a musky vanilla dry down, worthy of Turin's 4 stars.

The sandalwood, violet and iris combine to give it a dry green opening and structural support but the gourmand effect of the rose, heliotrope, orris and apricot is its delicious
    heart.

A fruity floral scent that works due to its restraint and balance.

23 June, 2014

2nosedtwin's avatar

Netherlands Netherlands

Lancome - Tresor
    This is a true Arc de Triomphe of modern perfumery. A modern classic with an unrivaled radiant moist softness and a smooth powdery tone with a dark soil-like and smoky tobacco-leaves undertone; being held together by a honey-like apricot/rose sweetness and a warm green-like oily sandalwood base, avoiding the vanilla-amber trap. Somehow it takes a long time before developing a decent projection on my skin that convinces me of its true quality. It bares a fatty wool-like warmness through its structure that gives it a magical twist. A very sincere and convincing perfume with a very elegant, honest character and a inviting woman-like quality to it - somehow it smells like who soft the skin of a woman can feel. Great overall projection with a lively, unforced and slight modest and introvert side to it. Truly wonderful stuff, that is so good I wish I was born a woman… Tresor is a monumental treasure.

01st June, 2014

BetsyMeszaros's avatar

This is for Eau de Perfume. Do not recommend the EDT.

I got this as a Christmas gift several years ago. Didn't think I would like it. Totally forgot about it.

Then for Basenotes Synchronized Fridays I had to come up with something that was given to me and I remembered Tresor.

Wow! I really like it. I don't get much of the rose from it as others do but I certainly do get the peach. This is a lovely scent and I have now worn it 3 days in a row. Since I was given a gift set I also used the body lotion and it was more then just perfume. It actually works and makes my skin soft. It lasts for 12 or more hours on me. It does have a lot of silage so just a couple of sprays will do.

This has taught me not to be a perfume snob and give everything a try. You just never know what you might like.

11th January, 2014

linainuk's avatar

There is something about this perfume that puts me under some sort of a spell. What's confusing is that I normally don't go for sweet fragrances at all, but this one is the big exception for me. I wore it twenty years ago as a young teenager and I'm still wearing it now. Sometimes a couple of years go by between bottles - the last time even up to five - but then the urge for it becomes almost overwhelming. When I bought the last one, I ended up smelling it with a dreamy smile on my face at least twenty times in one day. I simply couldn't get enough. I'm sorry for straying Tresor - let's never be apart again :)

18 March, 2013

sallyb21's avatar

One of my all time favourites. I love rose fragrances and this is a delicious one. I always have a bottle around.

24 August, 2012

gimmegreen's avatar

Netherlands Netherlands

If ever there was a have your cake and eat it fragrance...
    Tresor indulges sinful sweet fruity-floral notes without a hint of distracting spice and then covers its tracks by a stained-glass winey emanation that affects sophistication. There's also something reminiscent of posh face cream about it, which possibly explains its wild popularity.
    The peach-apricot note is squarely from the perfume world – neither real nor candied, but something mellow, bright and powdery that suggests the idea of those fruit. The cuddly, cashmere-like heart is given radiance by a liquerish rose and the hint of something green, all coated in a soft, unguent, creamy haze. Reader, I wallow in this one in sheer hog bliss. Difficult to explain but the colour of the juice captures its mood perfectly.
    The latest version is lighter – which, in this rare instance, is actually a good thing.

30th May, 2012

NOEL MAHC's avatar

This rating is actually for the one that was launched in the nineties. It was waaaay better than the current one being produced. Back then it was powdery and a little sweet but not like the sugar/candy perfumes now. There was something magical about the old one.

05 March, 2012

katk925's avatar

I got this as a sample. I think I will probably buy it. It really reminds me of clove cigarettes. It does have a smokyness, as some people mentioned, but like all the good smell of cigarettes without the bad part. I dunno, I LOVE IT. Some people might not if they don't like darker scents. But this is a big winner here!

05 June, 2011

msleslie's avatar

This is the only Lancome scent I have ever liked but that is because it is by Sophia Grojsman, whose style I love.

I was surprised to read in the Perfume Guide that it is described as a 'rosy vetiver'. What I smell is an elegant, grown-up version of The Body Shop's Fuzzy Peach bath gel.

I never smelled the vintage Tresor so am not disappointed in the current version; I really love it and spray it with abandon when I am home alone (but it is so vibrantly intense that one must practice self-restraint if going into public, of course.) Lovely!

13 April, 2011

Elise1214's avatar

I have been in the cosmetic and fragrance industry for over 13 years, and I have likely smelled 90% of the fragrances that are offered in department stores. Aside from that little tidbit of information, I wear Tresor and love it!

Tresor isn't the best when it is first sprayed; but within a few minutes, the feminine, sexy, warm, and fresh scent comes alive. This isn't just my opinion; I get complimented on Tresor quite often (most recently at the security checkpoint in the airport).

I am 30 years old, and even when I go out, people ask, "What are you wearing, you smell so good?!"

Many individuals will comment on a fragrance based on the fact that they sprayed it on a card in a department store or based on how it smelled on someone else. Keep in mind, fragrances will change based on the varying acids/alkalines and oils in our skin, which also vary from person to person.

A fragrance that you may love and may smell great on you, may smell terrible on someone else. So while these forums on a great way to express opinions, keep in mind that if you like something you must certainly have your reasons..so keep wearing it! Equally important, if you want to try a new fragrance, do not let bad reviews keep you from trying it..after all, it may smell great on you!

28 March, 2011

Mimi Gardenia's avatar

Ah ,how I love Tresor- it's peachy - apricot fruitiness, sweet ,ambery muskiness. It's very distinctive ,a little smokey -syrupy . Fabulous tenacity . I think you either love this or hate it. Either way, it invokes some kind of reaction. A couple of sprays is all you need- don't overdo it or you'll be right back in the 80s.

26 September, 2010

Goda's avatar

Lithuania Lithuania

It was one of my first scents. I was fifteen or so and received a so called travel package of 5 mini french perfume bottles. One of them was anais anais by cacharel, which was my favourite at the time, and tresor was the one that I left to lie on the shelf for the longest time. Recently I gave it a second chance and I loved it, it's a real lady parfum. I suppose I had to grow up to like it.

16 December, 2009

Foggy's avatar

At first I hated this. When I first tried it on it smelled exactly like a dark corner of Home Depot's lumber section. But 2 tries later something changed. I finally was able to smell the warm, sweet woodiness and now I really like it. My husband in fact says I smell like pastry!

17 September, 2009

welchatquietplease's avatar

I gave this one a miss first time around, but after seeing the drydown reviews I gave it another try.

Wow.

I was able to hold out that long because of the green note in the opening, it's like an air tube that lets you walk just underwater and still breathe. Then, about 45 minutes in, the green is gone and this great worn leather smell comes up, faintly, like an outfielder diving for a fly ball and instead coming away with a mittful of hay and flowers. There's not enough of it to get the better of the confused floral (darn), but it's a really excellent scent.

18 August, 2009

sheilaj's avatar

Cannot believe that none of the other reviewers have picked up the opening note of violet sweets (maybe they are a UK speciality) anyway they are called Parma Violet and are one of the enduring memories of my childhood (still available though) After the sweeties comes the grown up warmth of a bouquet of scented hothouse flowers in a warm room. Enticing and sensual without vulgarity. One of my favourites.

01st August, 2009

Keene's avatar

I agree with other posts that the initial scent of this perfume is a little displeasing to the nose, but after about fifteen to twenty minutes on me it softens out to a very light, pleasing scent that keeps its compsure for many hours.

I have worn this perfume for over a year now, and I disagree with the opinion that it can't be worn in the work place. The scent can be over-powering if sprayed liberally, but by those women that wear uniforms or suits, simply spraying it once on the back of the neck and under the hair, or on an undershirt or the skin before donning the uniform works very well. I have only ever received compliments with this fragrance and it has never been pointed out as an offending or overpowering scent. In fact, I work in a very high-stress environment in extremely close confines and people are very quick to point out strong perfumes and colognes as a distractor in the working environment, yet I have still never received any negative feedback.

In my experience, this perfume goes well when on a romantic date but can also be worn in a professional setting if applied correctly.

11th April, 2009

vintage*red's avatar

Tresor is one of the only rose based fragrances that I like, although I have not tried Nahema yet. It is a little "victorian" in nature (what else could a true rose fragrance be?), but it is not old fashioned in any way. I compliment people when they wear this and people compliment me when I wear this. So why don't I buy another bottle to keep around? I guess the reason is that I just don't LOVE it. It doesn't inspire me in any way. It lacks the brightness of No 5, the almost Gothic moodiness of L'Heure Bleue or the sheer joy of Insolence. But it really is a very nice rose scent...if you like that sort of thing.

28 August, 2008

taliaseki's avatar

Turkey Turkey

It is romantic and lovely; like a powder colored French lace and silk dress and a big smile of affectionate lady in it. Apricot and rose makes a dreamy soft new thing that makes you ask "what kind of rose is this?" But the real artistic scene begins after the rose steps back to a even up the musk and vanilla. The sweetness may be tiring in repetitive usage but i have to try and see.

01st August, 2008

sandy1951's avatar

I was reading The Shipping news in the early nineties and Tresor was the signature scent of the doomed party girl wife of the protagonist. The description of the scent sent me straight out of the house and to the department store for a sniff. I was hooked. What is probably apricot smells like peach to me and the rose is subdued. Then the peach fades and the rose really comes out. Soft sweet rose. Then the lilac blends in. Wonderful. The drydown though on me is not floral nor fruity, it is warm sweet almost musky. It lasts a long long time and a little goes a long way especially in the warmer months. I wore it a lot back then, then got hooked of all things on New West...and that is another story entirely. Anyway I have circled back to Tresor and begged the Christmas pixies for a bottle and have been happily wearing it day or two every week. Very comforting to me and the grandkids love it.

31st May, 2008

mediterranean's avatar

Spain Spain

I was given this as a gift by a former boss while living in London 15 years ago.Probably I was too young to wear it those days but you can´t imagine how elegant and mature it made me feel ( I was in my early twenties then). I used to love Isabella Rosellini´s style and even today when I think of a face for this perfume , it is hers.Romantic , natural, sweet like a walk along kew gardens.

03 April, 2008

hubert delauney's avatar

Tresor is one of my favorite perfumes --it smells heavenly on my wife--she wears it well and the rose apricot combination are divine. Now my sister in law tried to wear it and it smelled terrible on her--bitter fruit. but then, different skin types, different reactions anyone knows that! --of course she is going to say the scent is a failure, simply because it fails her--well, it works wonderfully on many others, so it is something to try --on my wife it is a soft seductive perfume. The perfumer is a genius, as they created a scent that works for most people. I feel sorry for those that this scent doesn't work for, but please realize you play a role.

10th January, 2008

~N~'s avatar

I have worn this for years. I notice the increasing ads on TV this x-mas season.

It has wonderful sillage and lasts all day and then some. I love when I come home after a long day and can still smell its basenotes lingering in the house.

Can be sweet at first, but drydown is excellent.

19 December, 2007

Andrewthecologneguy's avatar

Nigeria Nigeria

I remember this from waaay back in the day, it is sweet and warm, very sensual peach with some honey and a flower to temper it. I never knew it was Tresor, until my wife turned me on (no pun intended) to it. I don't smell it much anymore, and I think this is best in colder weather and once in a while. I would not recommend it for a signature scent, because it can get tiring very quickly if you smell it day in day out.

11th December, 2007

Heidi's avatar

Belgium Belgium

One of my first perfumes as a young(er) girl. I kind a lost the idea of wearing it years ago, but lately I'm longing to wear it again. They have this nice eau de toilette version now, without he sharper (sometimes overwhelming) side of Tresor, which is very nice on a summers day.

26 June, 2007

sherrie11's avatar

I smelled Tresor recently on one of my professors - or rather, I didn't know what she was wearing until I asked her. Her response, Tresor, blew me away. I remember Tresor from years ago, but I don't remember it smelling like THAT! Sweet, warm, honeyed, and incredibly enticing. Like a musky mead. I tested some at a Lancome counter the other day, and I like it on me, too. I suppose my chemistry has changed, but I like it much better now than I did when I was younger. It was the edp. Huge thumbs up and it will be my next purchase. Not cheap smelling to this nose at all, but a lovely and sexy frag.

22 May, 2007

cedriceccentric's avatar

Belgium Belgium

Plastic-like peach notes or not, Trésor has become a classic. It reminds me of Eternity (another Sophia Grojsman rose classic), but where Eternity is clean, Trésor has a "flesh-like" quality (charnu in french)... more naughty. Tresor is like a woman who wears a strict suit with sexy La Perla lingerie underneath, not what it seems at first sight (or first smell).

14 April, 2006

F_Frez's avatar

A fragrance with personality, sweet and very distinctive, with main notes of peach and some flower I can't remember. I smelled it on women in range 30-40+ at colder seasons, fitting very well on them. I don't think abut Tresor as a tennage girl fragrance... it's for classic women, part romantic, part office (although a bit strong). Common in the late '90, I've not smelled it in the last years. Still in my top 10 list of best fragrances for women.

17 March, 2006

ubuandibeme's avatar

Tresor is truly one of my most favorite perfumes of all time. In an interview with Sophia Grojsman (the nose behind this treasure) she mentions her main idea/notes of Tresor as being Rose and Apricot; which is quite obvious at first sniff of this juice. The rose is somewhat spicy as well as silky, like rose petals. The apricot sweet & a bit musky, creating the essence of Tresor which remains throughout the entire evolution of this fragrance. What's in the middle is not readily obvious, but essential to the magnificent progression and drydown. Muguet, or Lily of The Valley, lends a palate cleansing quality to this blend. The touch of green imparted by this delicate flower is ever so slight, but a key element in the balancing act. Lilac of course is a highly sweet floral, which I believe adds the 'kick it up a notch' sweetness - moreso than the gerneralized 'peach note' I've read so many reviewers comment about. Apricot Blossom ~ now here's an element contributing to that sparkling quality! Along with lovely Heliotrope and powdery Iris, this triple treat actually carbonates Tresor. For me, it's like champagne bubbles! Without that signature sparkling effervesence Tresor would be nothing more than plain old kool-aid.

Sillage & longevity of Tresor are remarkable. The tenacity of this composition, and the prolonged drydown are utterly and captivatingly sensual. Romantic, in an emotional manner. Not the emotions of adolesence though...more worldly and experienced. When you finally get to the roots of this blend, you'll be rewarded with a close wearing, sexy finish. The base is simply the most gorgeous blend of Amber, Musk, Sandalwood and Vanilla I've ever experienced. As CALCHIC wrote; the drydown of my dreams! So true!

13 March, 2006 (Last Edited: 28 May, 2007)

bonni's avatar

If I could wear only one fragrance for the rest of my life (persish that thought, but for the sake of argument), it would be this one. Tresor is sophisticated, lushly floral, and just gorgeous. I love the subtle fruity notes in this, such a wonderful complement to the florals. I love the long, sensual drydown on this one!

20th February, 2006

takemyhusbandplz's avatar

Tresor seems to have notes of lilac and apricot, with lower notes with amber and musk. The lilac, apricot & amber come through the most on my skin. On me Tresor smells similar to Champs Elysees which I love and prefer to this. As another reviewer said Tresor is a bit 'sticky sweet' which I don't like. Overall tho, this is a nice scent for the money.

12 February, 2006