Reviews

Reviews of Sortilège by Long Lost Perfume

One of my absolute favorite scents is Coty's L'Aimant, so I am very familiar with it and to my nose Sortilege is a copy, done very well, but still a copy.

The only other Le Galion I've tried is Snob, which is a copy of Patou's Joy.

This house was certainly a master at duplicating the very best work of others who came before, but I wonder if they ever created anything original on their own.

Irregardless of the lack of originality here, I have to give it a thumbs up because if I love one, I must love both.

Top notes: Bergamot, Peach, Strawberry, Neroli
Heart notes: Rose, Jasmine, Muguet, Ylang, Orris, Lilac
Base notes: Vetiver, Sandalwood, Vanilla, Tonka, Civet, Musk, Opopanax, Amber
11th April, 2014
I have a sample of uncertain vintage. This is a kissing cousin to Coty L'Aimant and Chanel No 5. This is a soft swirly jasmine fragrance. There are notes of roses, violets and woods as well. It's sooooooooooooooooo pretty. Gracious and balanced. It smells like an archetype of French perfume. This perfume is like the perfect guest.
17th December, 2010
This is for the vintage parfum de toilette: I'm surprised how lovely I find this. Toasted caramel, powdered sugar, blended sweet flowers that are refined rather than heady, and an amber-vanilla accord that reminds me of Santa Maria Novella Calicantus, but more delicate and feminine. Every so often I get an unfortunate waft of nail polish remover ... I suppose this is the vintage aldehydes. But the overall effect is very pretty, warm and soft.
05th June, 2010

I recently got a vintage bottle of Sortilege parfum de toilette and I am liking it. It is very mild, and has a soft 'sugary' smell -- not powdery, but sweet. It reminds me a little of cake, so perhaps there's a vanilla note, but it's not obvious. I think this is a nice, feminine day fragrance.
09th January, 2010
This also was my mother s favorite, Now I am 35 and looking for it too. Its original bottle was fantastic and feminin.
The box was decorated with white embroidery stamps on green back ground.
And the smell was unique!
26th August, 2009