Negative Reviews of Teint de Neige by Lorenzo Villoresi

BayKAT Show all reviews
When I was a child I went to church every Sunday, and since I was a cute little girl all the old ladies liked to give me a kiss.

This was back in the day when people dressed up for church: nice dresses, hair done, makeup applied and perfume generously sprayed.

Teint de Neige reminds me of those sweet little ladies, especially since I went to church in Minnesota, where folks walked in the door carrying the scent of snow with them.

It opens well enough, but the middle notes get carried away with the florals, and I find myself fidgeting with it just like I did when the sermon got too long.

In short, I like this perfume about as much as I liked getting kissed by those weathered, heavily lipsticked, powdery smelling lips.
08th February, 2010
This is the 7th of Villoresi's 16 scents that I have tried and reviewed on Basenotes and it is the first clear disappointment. That nasty chemical note the other reviewers talk about smacks you in the nose immediately and I can only think of one source - mothballs.

None of the 6 named ingredients on the Villoresi site account for this: Jasmin, Rose, Ylang Ylang, Tonka Bean, Musk, Heliotrope. It's just nasty and acrid.

After about two hours it settles down to an almond scent (Tonka?) and after four hours it settles down to a vanilla scent, which is the Heliotrope.

So if you can stand it for four hours, you are home free with a lovely Heliotrope that is long lasting. But it's a long wait.

The end result is lovely but because it is seriously flawed in its initial notes and development, I have to give it a negative review.
11th December, 2007
I just want to add that I applied this in the morning and now, at 10:47 at night, it's still hugely strong. I feel like I've been punished all day with this horrible stuff.
19th March, 2006 (last edited: 20th March, 2006)

Powder, powder and more powder. Did I mention powder? Oh yes, and there are some rather pretty floral notes that peek through now and then.
15th January, 2006