Neutral Reviews of Alada by Myrurgia

Find out more about Alada by Myrurgia in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

Zut's avatar
    Zut

A friend bought me a bottle of Alada in 1982 and I don't believe I have used it more than three or four times. I still keep the almost full bottle as a curiosity item. Some fragrances are unmistakenly feminine, some are typically masculine and some others are suitable for both sexes. I think Alada belongs to none of the above as nonsensical as it may seem! It is a little too wispy and flowery to be worn by a man and too "aftershave-like" to be worn by a woman. It's staying power is not great either. I cannot say I truly "hate" the fragrance. It is just too nondescript for my taste. I love perfumes with strong personalities. Alada does not qualify as a distinctive fragrance as far as I am concerned. Too bad... I really wanted to like it.

25 March, 2011

paloma54's avatar
    paloma54

Alada begins with a fresh burst of lime followed by a warm fresh eau de cologne heart. The top and mid notes fade away leaving a somewhat musky and masculine type of drydown which, unfortunately, doesn't appeal to me much. This scent could be worn equally well by anyone who enjoys it, male or female. In fact, the bottle design is somewhat unisex in appearance.

27 October, 2005