Positive Reviews of Sacrebleu by Nicolaï

Find out more about Sacrebleu by Nicolaï in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

Lilly33's avatar

France France

A little gem!

This is my first review. I don't have the vocabulary or a fine enough nose to describe this in true pefumista fashion, but I am simply so excited by this scent! I walked into the Parfum de Nicolai shop on impulse and walked out with Sacrebleu with which I have fallen in love! And yet I was very wary before trying it, as it was described as a white floral and vanilla scent. I thought it might be overwhelmingly sweet, cloying and too young, and I normally really dislike tuberose. But, my goodness, this is so refined! It is not overwhelming at all, those floral notes are perfectly controlled. The result is just a heavenly delicate scent with depth. Outside the shop, as the wind blew, I caught whiffs of Sacrebleu and I knew I had found a perfect little gem!

22nd August, 2013

iivanita's avatar

Croatia Croatia

if all parfumes would smell like this!!! this is heaven on earth, so femminine, so mysetrious, so sweet but not heavy, i get no headache no sickness, no problem as i can get them with other vanila sweet parfumes!

this rarely happens!!
    opening is so so beautiful!citrusy and the smell developes after 10 minutes and goes on for hours, i tried the intense version too, its different at the begining more sweet, more vanila tonka , but still not heavy, more gourmand.....they converge later....

Holy god! this is the name of the parfume and the effect it creates with me!

04th October, 2012

Diamondflame's avatar

Singapore Singapore

SACRE BLEU! I felt a disconcerting sense of deja vu when I first caught a whiff of the sillage...of another time, in another world, of another me. 20 years back to be precise, to the moment when I first stepped into my room in the university dorms, only to be greeted by a softly fuzzy yet strangely comforting scent that was probably associated with the use of certain carpet deodorizers. But when I brought my nose closer to my skin, this image all but vanished, leaving me with vaguely smoky licorice-like notes, rounded with some tonka (or maybe vanilla) and that soft leathery-powdery undertones. If tuberose is indeed listed, it is unlike any I have tried. Intriguing and not in the least 'girly'.

Now I don't expect others to experience what I just did but on a personal level, any scent that succeeds in evoking such vivid memories is not only aptly named, but also the work of an olfactory genius. It reminds me exactly why I pursue this hobby with such fervor, to uncover olfactory keys that unlock windows to the distant past.

07th February, 2011

sfonativeboy's avatar

Raspberry... Currants
    a hint of Cinnamon....with the depth and warmth that Vanilla and Clove ...usually bring.
    the Incense is there barely hidden ...
    giving it a smoky allure.

On me this is a very "FRENCH" fragrance..

Much in the same manner "BOUCHERON" bring me olfactory memories of
    the Antique Shops along the Quai Voltaire in Paris...

19th June, 2010

w3pearl's avatar

a non-synthetic version of that awful Guerlain Insolence, I mean... this is actually very nice!

I think it would be best applied with a dabber, though...

anyway, it's good! thumbs up all the way! a warm berried "blossomied" floral fruity. Quite classy, fit for a young princess, playful, young, yet tasteful and well mannered,with natural distinction.

14th April, 2010

olenska's avatar

First came a mighty, in-your-face note of anise-- then nothing. SacreBleu had simply disappeared. Failing to notice the "back in five" sign (written in the tiniest handwriting imaginable, and in invisible ink), I liberally reapplied. Then anise returned-- with reinforcements. Sandalwood, vanilla, licorice, and a delicious, chalky violet like crushed Choward's mints. Soon they had me surrounded-- a pack of manic scent fairies spiraling around me in a helix of sparkling aromas. I surrendered. I think they made off with my wallet. They're welcome to it

30th January, 2010

pinkfizzy's avatar

Argh! I loved this, but it reminded me of something I couldn't quite name... I wish I hadn't read the review that says it smells like children's Motrin, cause that's it! Well, it's still gorgeous, but just too syrupy sweet for my tastes.

06th July, 2009

Brielle87's avatar

France France

Infinitely sexy, yet very wearable. An olfactory delight.

13th November, 2007

kshepinfo's avatar

I have used nearly an entire bottle of this in the Perfume; definitely a great fragrance; my husband loves it; yet there is something that lingers a little/dominates on my skin that I find irritating; something kind of spicy. It lasts forever, a very sophisticated beautiful scent I just don't love it the way I love my recent purchase of Bois des Isle --

14th October, 2007

rach2jlc's avatar

Of the five or six PdNs I've tried, this one is my favorite. Like most PdN, it changes greatly from start to finish, but this one retains that class, warmth, and slight sweetness all the way to drydown. As well, it's longevity is quite good.

It is quite feminine, given a fruity accord (raspberry maybe?) but it is no more feminine than Rykiel Homme and infinitely more classy and warm.

Definitely worth a try.