Reviews of Intimate by Revlon

The seductive essence of a woman.Are you a classic chypres lover?try intimate. enchanting and poetic. acording to its notes,this perfume may seem boring or simple but it is not at all.a great example of aldehydey goodness that deep dowm to the most wonderful amber,animalic,woody.the woodiness in it reminds me of cigar box.this is seriously gorgeous perfume.Musky,Powdery,Ladylike,Timeless,Warm,Elegant, Sensuous,Velvety,Deep,Seductive yet Comforting.

The opening is strong and sharp aldehyde with pointy edges while a powdery heart that holds true to me not degrading into just powder but holding true to the floral notes of rose that reminds a lovely powdery vintage boudoir scent.finally a woody musky base notes harmonized with amber and civet.the amber is sweet but not overly sweet,civet is noticeable but not overpowering creating for the ultra feminine classic woman who is sure of her charms and leave a tempting trail of notes everywhere she go.hands down the best Revlon to me.

Longevity?Very Good on my skin.

09th August, 2016
I agree with Barbara Herman - this is a sensual floral chypre with animalic notes. It is spicy, but I don't get the woody, creamy, powdery effect she does.

Floral and honey mimosa - yes, to a degree.

It is a very nice light scent, not heavy, just "suggestive," which is what I suppose the housewife of the 1950s wanted - this was, after all, a "drugstore" fragrance. Don't want to inspire hubby to make more babies than the Eisenhower administration can afford.

Top notes: Bergamot, Rose, Gardenia, Coriander
Middle notes: Jasmine, Orris, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Cedar wood
Base notes: Amber, Castoreum, Civet, Oak Moss, Musk

You can find vintage on Ebay for pennies - very nice.
27th March, 2014
I have an old sample obviously. The first spray is waxy crayon-aldehydes and old school floral symphonics. Very quickly it dries down into a honey pollen mimosa sweet skin. Not in the modern style (no cotton candy high notes), mostly lingering honey. It's pretty simple, hence my neutral rating. I prefer dark and complex structures.
29th July, 2012

rickie Show all reviews
I wish I knew the notes for this. I had some of this in the old days. I still have a couple of old bottles that I purchased from Ebay. It really does smell devine. The only bad thing I have noticed about buying the vintage bottles is it doesnt last at all. Whatever they put in the perfumes to make it last must go away after so many years. But, they were so cheap, it is worth it to go down memory lane, huh?
27th January, 2010
tanto Show all reviews
Intimate was one of my mom's favorites. I can still smell it in my mind. Too bad it was discontinued by Revlon because it was a real classy fragrance!
04th May, 2009 (last edited: 25th June, 2009)
revlon was excellent and commented on by many people, the product by Jean Phillippe starts off smelling correct, then goes off like, aftershave, I still have a couple of bottles of the Revlon mix which is far superior to the Jean phillipe mix
21st February, 2007

This scent as originally produced by Revlon, the house that was once able to produce very classy and distinctive scents at a very available price (like "Charlie", the original).

It was a lovely, unforgettable, very "Old World" chypre, with a wonderful dry-down. Two of its peculiarities were that the dry-down was practically the same as its initial notes (which is a definite plus in this case) and that it quickly subsided into a very subtle fragrance which then lingered for at least 10-12 hours, sometimes even longer.

At some point "Intimate" was discontinued, but was later resuscitated by the house of Jean Philippe. The smell doesn't seem to have changed, and the bottle is even lovelier now.

This is a definite keeper!

27th December, 2006