Reviews of Intimate by Revlon

Find out more about Intimate by Revlon in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

JackTwist's avatar

I agree with Barbara Herman - this is a sensual floral chypre with animalic notes. It is spicy, but I don't get the woody, creamy, powdery effect she does.

Floral and honey mimosa - yes, to a degree.

It is a very nice light scent, not heavy, just "suggestive," which is what I suppose the housewife of the 1950s wanted - this was, after all, a "drugstore" fragrance. Don't want to inspire hubby to make more babies than the Eisenhower administration can afford.

Top notes: Bergamot, Rose, Gardenia, Coriander
    Middle notes: Jasmine, Orris, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Cedar wood
    Base notes: Amber, Castoreum, Civet, Oak Moss, Musk

You can find vintage on Ebay for pennies - very nice.

27th March, 2014

cheryl's avatar

I have an old sample obviously. The first spray is waxy crayon-aldehydes and old school floral symphonics. Very quickly it dries down into a honey pollen mimosa sweet skin. Not in the modern style (no cotton candy high notes), mostly lingering honey. It's pretty simple, hence my neutral rating. I prefer dark and complex structures.

29th July, 2012

rickie's avatar

I wish I knew the notes for this. I had some of this in the old days. I still have a couple of old bottles that I purchased from Ebay. It really does smell devine. The only bad thing I have noticed about buying the vintage bottles is it doesnt last at all. Whatever they put in the perfumes to make it last must go away after so many years. But, they were so cheap, it is worth it to go down memory lane, huh?

27th January, 2010

tanto's avatar

Intimate was one of my mom's favorites. I can still smell it in my mind. Too bad it was discontinued by Revlon because it was a real classy fragrance!

04th May, 2009 (Last Edited: 25th June, 2009)

jum's avatar

Algeria Algeria

revlon was excellent and commented on by many people, the product by Jean Phillippe starts off smelling correct, then goes off like, aftershave, I still have a couple of bottles of the Revlon mix which is far superior to the Jean phillipe mix

21st February, 2007

Femme's avatar

Slovenia Slovenia

This scent as originally produced by Revlon, the house that was once able to produce very classy and distinctive scents at a very available price (like "Charlie", the original).

It was a lovely, unforgettable, very "Old World" chypre, with a wonderful dry-down. Two of its peculiarities were that the dry-down was practically the same as its initial notes (which is a definite plus in this case) and that it quickly subsided into a very subtle fragrance which then lingered for at least 10-12 hours, sometimes even longer.

At some point "Intimate" was discontinued, but was later resuscitated by the house of Jean Philippe. The smell doesn't seem to have changed, and the bottle is even lovelier now.

This is a definite keeper!

27th December, 2006