Reviews of Salvatore Ferragamo by Salvatore Ferragamo

Find out more about Salvatore Ferragamo by Salvatore Ferragamo in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

pyttlc's avatar
    pyttlc
    China China

i got a 100ml EDT recently. i used to have a 5ml Q version. This scent is charming in a undernote and peaceful way.The bottle is impressive as well. This is the kind that i would take fancy to gradually. Heart and base notes are more attractive. Top is so so. Almonds makes this scent unique especially in base. Not shallow at all. It's for lady above age 28 i think. Slim and tender apperance but with strong personality inside. Classic scent which time will tell.

01st June, 2012

yoshimittsu's avatar
    yoshimittsu

not bad could have been better....

17 February, 2012

blood-orange's avatar
    blood-orange

I really do enjoy wearing Salvatore Ferragamo. It's certainly a different type of fragrance, not your typical fruity scent. It is much more complex than most other perfumes I've tried.

Firstly, I will review this fragrance by describing how it smells on paper and on my skin, because they both differ considerably.

On paper Salvatore Ferragamo begins as a soft, almost soapy and refreshing blend of grapefruit, green notes, black currant and bergamot. However on my skin the spices are much more prominent and I can clearly smell the pepper, coconut and anise.

The middle notes are so beautiful, flowery and sweet on both skin and paper. The rose note is delicate and fresh, while the spices mantain that unique balance in the opening. At this point I much prefer the fragrance when worn on the skin because it has much more 'oomph' and character than on paper.

There is no doubt in my mind that this is a very classy scent, which is a truly hard to find characteristic in most fruity fragrances these days.

Salvatore Ferragamo is sure to impress, captivate and be complimented this Summer, so I urge anyone to try this amazing scent.

04 June, 2011

nezdelacoreé's avatar
    nezdelacoreé
    South Korea South Korea

While I was working as a teacher, I received this as a gift from one of my students' mothers. I might never have chosen it for myself, because I would probably have judged it too old, or too wealthy for my then-broke 23-year-old self...though after wearing it once, I loved it, and decided it was worth getting in character for. I haven't worn many scents that were so suggestive of setting, but a spray of this in the springtime took me straight to a humid summer afternoon in the sunshine. It's warm, fruity, slightly floral, rich, woody...My EDP was, sadly, nicked out of the side pocket of a suitcase during travels in Southeast Asia, so I suppose the lesson here is that what fragrance fate giveth, fate also taketh away...

27 April, 2011

xXjEnNyXx's avatar
    xXjEnNyXx

In the beginning all I smell is pepper!!!! Pepper, pepper, pepper !!! The pepper smell lasts about ten minutes and then the green floral opens with the spiciness of wood and pepper. The green notes really pull through leaving a nice fresh scent (the green notes make this a very mild fragrance). I just love the way the notes change on my skin starting from the middle notes of pepper and florals, to the base notes of a woodsy/ spicy floral, to the top notes of a lovely green floral. The peony really stands out after 20-30 minutes and plays lovely with the Iris and the Rose (I personally do not like strong or harsh rose scents, the rose is very mild in this one). The florals finally pull through with the green leaves and a hint of musk leaving a beautiful clean floral scent. I cannot detect any almond notes in this even though it is listed above. I have had many compliments with this one. To me this is a sophisticated/ classy but very sexy fragrance....it's a keeper in my collection.

12 January, 2009

foetidus

Catchy opening with the coconut and pepper joining with the citrus: It is unique and fresh and enjoyable because of the liquid richness of the coconut and the energy of the spicy pepper. And the opening lasts nicely. I don’t get any florals from the middle except maybe some spiciness from the carnation note. The rosewood comes through and provides even more background richness and depth to the fragrance. I love rosewood, so I am liking what I’m smelling… The base is a soft wood with the cedar (helped by the rosewood) predominating to my nose. I catch very little sweetness in the base. The pepper / carnation spice from the top remain a bit and lend an almost incense note to the base. Salvatorre Ferragamo is an enjoyable fragrance but it is seriously lacking in longevity.

23 August, 2008

Stu's avatar
    Stu

This really is a delicious scent and I will also wear this a long time as I wear it well. The first person I smelled who had it on I wanted to choke to tell me what he was wearing (instead I just asked and he told me). I love this one and it's certainly worth buying and I usually can't stand fragrances with anise in them (didn't know it until today.

13 April, 2008

themeglet's avatar
    themeglet

Oh, why can't this scent keep up the fabulous momentum that it has at the beginning? Why must it morph from wonderful, crisp opening notes of green, citrus, and spicy green wood to eau de Brittney? I'm convinced that this is just one of those fragrances that I'm doomed to sniff from the bottle, but never on my skin. After half an hour on my skin, it becomes horribly sweet and drug-store smelling, with nothing whatsoever of its original crisp, summery air remaining. Why? Is there some way to alter my body chemistry so that I can wear this scent? (For those of you in the know, please let me know if you have found an answer to this one...)

18 May, 2006

ubuandibeme's avatar
    ubuandibeme

SPARKLING! The topnotes completely interface with the heartnotes showcasing the springtime flowers bursting forth from this juice! My initial impression is similar to that of Guerlain's classic Champs Elysees. The green notes breathe freshness into the rose and peony, inducing a slightly watery aire. (Maybe a little reminiscent of L'eau D'Issey - albeit softer and not as woody on the drydown.) If you're a fan of either CE or L'ED'I - give this fragrance a try!

14 May, 2006 (Last Edited: 17 April, 2008)

rubygloomrox's avatar
    rubygloomrox

I can't wear a lot of spicy scents, but this is one that I wear well. I really like it. It's spicy, but still fairly soft.

18 April, 2006

riversandseas's avatar
    riversandseas

Salvatore Ferragamo Pour Femme is a sparkling, sumptuous and delicious fragrance. It's extremely classy and long lasting, it never loses seems to lose its sparkling top notes. The delicate musk starts developing after about an hour, which makes it a very alluring perfume and intensifies the never ending top notes. The perfume alternates from sparkling fresh innocence to a delicate, musky sexy, never committing itself to one nor the other and leaves the wearer and other admirers entranced and wanting more...

06 March, 2006

Quarry's avatar
    Quarry

I liked SF enough to buy a tester-size flacon, but now regret that quantity. This is a delicious, juicy, juicy, sharp floral, but I found I tired of it in short order, unlike most purchases which I tend to grow more fond of with use. It is fairly sweet and remains linear, unchanging after it dries on the skin. I'll use it up by giving away samples to friends and spraying correspondence to those I think will appreciate its cheery first impression.

10th August, 2005