Positive Reviews of Red Jeans by Versace

Red Jeans is a balanced, classy and well appointed fruity/floral radiant soapy chypre and the horrible packaging (as well as the teen/easy name itself) does not do justice to this olfactory italian beauty. Utterly sexy, elegant and dynamic it starts with a fruity blackcurrant/peach/apricot carnal chord which morphs, through a sexy floral (mostly rosey, almost "neutral") heart, in to a classic musky/mossy/ woody chypre dry down slightly (minimally) honeyed, "laundry", with a "white/yellow" powdery cool radiancy and almost restrained. The rose/ylang-ylang/blackcurrant/honey/musk accord is extremely refined and provides the trademark floral/ fruity distinguished soapiness. Perfectly appointed the level of (measured) sweetness. Sophisticated in to an honeyed soapy way, clean and slightly mysterious.
07th January, 2014
Versace’s Red Jeans has all the scented chronological markers of a mid-1990s perfume: an opening of pitted fruits, a gooey center of traditional flowers of pink, yellow, white and purple, and a base of sandalwood-and-white-floral muskiness. What sets this apart from its contemporaries is its muted nature. While Tresor, Tuscany Per Donna, and Champs Elisées were shouting Red Jeans was speaking coyly in hushed tones. But do not think because the volume was turned down that the impact of what was whispered was diminished—it still packs a wallop.

The opening is lightly sweetened peach iced tea and rose petals. Then, once the juice dries upon the skin, it transmutes into a powder-free, sugar-free violet, similar to the violet in Bvlgari II. The roses are still lurking around but the heart is a big bouquet of violets. The drydown is familiar, like the one encountered in Happy, Charlie White, and Splendor. I love this white floral/musk base so I’m smitten with the drydown. If you are turned off by the all-too-familiar musky base, run—don’t walk—from this perfume; expect this musk to linger till your next shower.

I am always shocked and amazed at the going price of RJ—it’s practically being given away. I’ve spent up to seven times as much for perfumes of inferior quality. Just looking at the cheeky bottle, it is easy to forget this is a fragrance from the house of Versace. It is, in fact, a Versace perfume and it is quite possibly one of the house’s best. It is definitely one of the best violet fragrances I have yet tried. Don’t let the bottle or the price scare you away.
08th July, 2012
I rather like this popular offering from Versace. Despite having an affordable price tag, Red Jeans proves to be quite a delightful and unique scent even though it is a little dated.

The scent begins with a distinctive fruity sweetness which I found myself liking. The apricot and peach notes make this fragrance fruity but only mildly so, more sweet and candy-like rather than being juicy.

The floral heart and the presence of the vanilla makes Red Jeans very feminine and comfortably so. I would be surprised if anyone found the scent to be offensive, because in my personal opinion this fragrance is soft and non-cloying.

The sillage is good and the lasting strength equally so. I'll admit that you probably won't be blown over backwards by Red Jeans, however I'm sure you'll be impressed. This is a lovely choice for Spring and Summer.

05th June, 2011

Nice little semi-trashy number, all chemical-ey berries on me. Nice and fresh in a bubblegum-and-jeans way. May make a nice impulse buy for summer some day soon.
31st August, 2009
I'm almost out of Red Jeans. As someone said before, it's very 90's. It brings back memories of that era, I was in high school. It's a happy and bold fragrance. It's linear, so it won't change much. What you smell straight up is pretty much what you get for the rest of the day. Definitely daytime wear. When I'm done with this bottle I think it'll the end of an era for me.
01st December, 2008
this is absolutely one of my favorite scents! loved it it the 90s .love it till now! attention getter
15th May, 2008
clarala Show all reviews
This is a cheery, fresh scent for daytime use and a good price too.
31st March, 2007