Reviews of In Love Again by Yves Saint Laurent

Find out more about In Love Again by Yves Saint Laurent in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

antiqueRose's avatar

to me, this smells exactly like a fresh rose bloom . Say, a pink, apricot or yellow rose. Lovely.

16 August, 2012

Fleurine's avatar

I first smelled this on one of my classmates when we were students during a pediatrics rotation at a large hospital, and I will never forget it. She was coming in from the cold one winter morning, and I got a whiff of this perfectly sweet lovely fresh fruity/floral fragrance trailing from her heavy wool coat. I stopped her immediately and asked her for the name, and she told me, "It's in Love Again." So I looked it up directly and bought a bottle.
    This is a warm citrusy rich floral with lovely sillage and longevity. I would call In Love Again a sister to Kelly Caleche, and Rose Ikebana...and a cousin to Jean Claude Ellena's other fruity florals. In Love Again is sadly discontinued (again) but hopefully someday it will be relaunched (again). If you are a Jean Claude Ellena fan (like me), pick one up if you get a chance.

30th May, 2011

cleo cupcake's avatar

Mostly I smell blackcurrant - both leaves and fruit. I find it sour and with a sharpnees that sets my teeth on edge. My husband bought it for me when we revisited Paris where we spent our honeymoon. How many sad unloved bottles of this vile stuff have been bought because a husband wanted an obvious romantic gift?

Since then I have trained him to be more discerning and less literal!!!

13 May, 2010

kanutta's avatar

Norway Norway

I am one of those people who turns Pamplelune into catpee; so did happen with In love again too after ten minutes. The first 10 minutes are pleasant; but then I get catpee and hairspray.
    Reminded me very much of Babydoll,( wich I love and can wear )at first.
    I'll stick to Babydoll when I'm in the mood for a summer scent like this.

05 May, 2007

Porcelina's avatar

I smell grapefruit and as someone mentioned somewhere else, a subtil hint of grape leaves, like a vineyard. Dries down nice on me as most frags end up too overpowering me and give me a headache throught the day. Not this one!

20th April, 2007

whatawprld's avatar

This smelled like nothing else, and such a beautiful bottle. Loud silly fruity smells. But I did not enjoy wearing it all day. It put me off balance, and wasn't really complementary to my personality. But the bottle looks nice, I'll still put it on for birthday parties and picnics.

12 October, 2006

Goddess_Dreams's avatar

I was all set to try this and had already decided that it would be something similar to Baby Doll... (I love Baby Doll so I of course would love IN LOVE AGAIN)... after all the notes listed looked somewhat similar... Notes for In Love Again are: Top notes include grapes, grapefruit, brimbelle. Heart notes include tulip tree, grapefruit, water lily. Base notes include blackberry, sandalwood, musk. ... so why then when I smell In Love Again do I smell peach and only and mostly peach? I don't smell any of the grape, or blackberry or even bilberry... Literally all I get is peach and more peach... and even if I was in love with this peach, which I am not, it just did not live too long! (Really I don't hate peach, in fact I do love it in other fragrances... like Deep Night, Valentino classique, Deci Dela, Mauboussin, Mitsouko, Champs Elysées, Hervé Léger even Allure and Narciso Rodriguez For Her Eau de Parfum ... I mean when peach is blended with spicy oils and incense and smoky ingredients it comes to life in a whole new light... ) But to make matters only worse this does not even linger on for long... Even if you enjoyed this scent to some extent when first applied, and hope that something else would come up right after the peach dies down... a huge disappointment happens when within 15 minutes all of the scent somehow fades away and all that's left behind is a skinny ghost of a weeping peach... The bottle looks really cheap too!

22 June, 2006

ubuandibeme's avatar

In Love Again must be the fraternal twin to Eau D'Hadrien. EDH's lemony topnotes and woodsy drydown are mimicked here... ILA begins with grapefruit citrus topnotes and clearly a more musk laden drydown - much lighter on the wood notes. For my senses, it comes off VERY uni-sex. Remains slightly sweet. Appropriate for wear during the heat of summer. Classy too!

12 May, 2006

giraffe's avatar

This smells like grapefruit and blackcurrants.

14 March, 2006

takemyhusbandplz's avatar

Pretty floral w/tropical tones, but it doesn't last long. I had to literally plaster my nose to my wrist to smell it after 3 minutes. It's so sad because this is a very pretty scent when you can smell it. If this was much stronger I'd buy a bottle of it. It has real potential, but still no cigar

04 December, 2005

KimChi's avatar

I just adore this fragrance. It is very light, happy and fresh with nice grapefruit notes. I understand that it will only be available every four years, and although the bottle is 100ml, I honestly think I will buy a second bottle in case I run out.

02 December, 2005

FRAGRANCESTAR's avatar

like a fruit bowl. can be tempting and tasty but only on a diet!!!!

10th November, 2005

ashby's avatar

Spain Spain

A refreshing fragrance for modern women. Top notes include grapes, grapefruit, brimbelle. Middle notes include tulip tree, grapefruit, water lily. Base notes possess a touch of blackberry, sandalwood, mush.

06 November, 2005