Positive Reviews of In Love Again by Yves Saint Laurent

Find out more about In Love Again by Yves Saint Laurent in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

antiqueRose's avatar

to me, this smells exactly like a fresh rose bloom . Say, a pink, apricot or yellow rose. Lovely.

16 August, 2012

Fleurine's avatar

I first smelled this on one of my classmates when we were students during a pediatrics rotation at a large hospital, and I will never forget it. She was coming in from the cold one winter morning, and I got a whiff of this perfectly sweet lovely fresh fruity/floral fragrance trailing from her heavy wool coat. I stopped her immediately and asked her for the name, and she told me, "It's in Love Again." So I looked it up directly and bought a bottle.
    This is a warm citrusy rich floral with lovely sillage and longevity. I would call In Love Again a sister to Kelly Caleche, and Rose Ikebana...and a cousin to Jean Claude Ellena's other fruity florals. In Love Again is sadly discontinued (again) but hopefully someday it will be relaunched (again). If you are a Jean Claude Ellena fan (like me), pick one up if you get a chance.

30th May, 2011

Porcelina's avatar

I smell grapefruit and as someone mentioned somewhere else, a subtil hint of grape leaves, like a vineyard. Dries down nice on me as most frags end up too overpowering me and give me a headache throught the day. Not this one!

20th April, 2007

ubuandibeme's avatar

In Love Again must be the fraternal twin to Eau D'Hadrien. EDH's lemony topnotes and woodsy drydown are mimicked here... ILA begins with grapefruit citrus topnotes and clearly a more musk laden drydown - much lighter on the wood notes. For my senses, it comes off VERY uni-sex. Remains slightly sweet. Appropriate for wear during the heat of summer. Classy too!

12 May, 2006

giraffe's avatar

This smells like grapefruit and blackcurrants.

14 March, 2006

KimChi's avatar

I just adore this fragrance. It is very light, happy and fresh with nice grapefruit notes. I understand that it will only be available every four years, and although the bottle is 100ml, I honestly think I will buy a second bottle in case I run out.

02 December, 2005

ashby's avatar

Spain Spain

A refreshing fragrance for modern women. Top notes include grapes, grapefruit, brimbelle. Middle notes include tulip tree, grapefruit, water lily. Base notes possess a touch of blackberry, sandalwood, mush.

06 November, 2005