Reviews of Omnia by Bulgari

Find out more about Omnia by Bulgari in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

Way Off Scenter's avatar

Genre: Oriental

Omnia starts out with a very bright citrus note, black tea, and sweet spices, all of which remind me of Bigelow’s “Constant Comment” tea blend. These are soon joined by an oddly flat, milky-sweet accord which could very well be an attempt (misguided?) at “white chocolate,” but that comes off more like cocoa butter pudding.

As long as the opening gesture prevails, Omnia is a pleasantly transparent, effervescent, and well balanced spicy citrus oriental. The spice blend includes cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, and black pepper, and I believe it’s this last, in combination with the citrus, that offsets the flabby pudding accord and lends Omnia its distinctive sparkling texture.

Omnia is a relatively low-key fragrance from start to finish, with only modest sillage and projection. It troubles me only in its drydown, where the fading citrus leaves the black pepper alone to combat the milky blandness of the cocoa butter. That Omnia dissipates entirely before the pudding declares victory is all to its benefit.

When I wear Omnia, I can’t help but think that it narrowly misses being a much more exciting scent than it actually is. It is extremely appealing, and it’s structure shows some originality; yet there’s just something bland about it, too. I suppose the name does say it all – everything, to everybody. Omnia is comfortable, safe, and easy, but it’s not compelling.

21st June, 2014

rubyred's avatar

Walking in woodland brushing wet cardamom leaves, subtle hint of ginger being crushed underfoot. Earthy woody and mossy not bitter and not sweet. A very close to the skin scent. A very private treasure. Hints of cardamom and ginger and spices having been closed in an old wooden box. Sadly as well as having no trail, this does not last on my skin and thus the neutral review. Maybe that's why I didn't ever get to smell chocolate or the other notes, it didn't have time to develop. But it's a problem I have with every Bvlgari - they have no lasting power.

17 November, 2012

naomi13angel's avatar

A funny one this, it wears really close to the skin so its a frag that people wont really smell on you unless you go mad and spray half a bottle on. I guess this makes it a very private smell that you can enjoy all to your self!
    Smells warm and sweet like white chocolate with a teeny tiny spice to it. Great for winter. But like naughty underwear... the only person who knows what your wearing is yourself.

14 September, 2012

Darvant's avatar

The first part is averagely sharp, notable in the tea presence, extremely spicy, hesperidic (mostly bergamot) and sophisticated. I thought some iris would be present in the heart but it is not listed and prickly subtleness and the luxuriousness are aroused by the cocktail of tasty and prickly spices, delicate flowers, almond and by the soaring ginger-saffron chord. The following development is to me mostly woodsy and musky with some balanced tastiness made of coffee, powder and patterns of amber. The sweetness is effectively moderate and the juice never becomes cloying or syrupy. The smell is averagely stout in projection and even subtle, refined and pungent. Not bad.

19 May, 2012 (Last Edited: 13 February, 2014)

heavenscent1's avatar

Thumbs way up on this one for me. Love the strong spiciness of it and the comlex finish. I don't smell the coffee or the chocolate, but that's just my nose, I guess. Warm and cosy feel to it. A terrific offering from Bulgari. Definitely FBW!

07 April, 2012

Zut's avatar

Top notes: ginger, mandarin orange, saffron, pepper and cardamom
    Middle notes: nutmeg, cloves, cinnamon, almond, masala chai and lotus
    Base notes: sandalwood, tonka bean, white chocolate, guaiac wood and woody notes

Everything in that olfactory pyramid is edible but the wood notes! I am a great fan of sweet spicy amber-based fragrances but gourmand is not exactly my thing. When I heard there was white chocolate in the composition, I was afraid Omnia would be a disgustingly gourmand concoction à la Thierry Mugler. Well, it is not that. It is merely a trendy semi-oriental floral. Nothing to write home about IMHO. None of the spicy notes really stands out and the tea note (masala chai) gives the fragrance a lingering musty note that spoils everything for me. Although Omnia is not a complete disaster, I feel it does not totally delivers the goods. The bottle is much more original and spectacular than the fragrance itself, unfortunately.

07 February, 2012

Aredore's avatar

Omnia was recommended to me as a sort of "everyday oriental" warm and spicy, but close wearing and well behaved. I can tell now that it is indeed a very mellow milk-tea oriental, lightly spiced on an incredibly quiet ambery-woody-vanilla background. On paper it is fresh-smelling and incredibly dimensional; a spicy tea floral set to a creamy woods and amber background with all the components musically set.

On my body, the scent of bitter orange rind blooms and crushes all other components beneath it's acid weight. Three hours later, valiant sandalwood and white chocolate have successfully crawled from under it's girth, but the orange accord had already been publicly declared unpleasant by family. It's as if Omnia reproduces my natural skin scent so closely that the only difference IS orange oil.

Another amazing perfume I'm not sure I can wear.

26 January, 2012

blood-orange's avatar

My first impressions of Omnia was that it was a lot lighter than I expected and probably not as rich and spicy as I had hoped.

However with that being said, I am not disappointed by this fragrance in the least. It's very unique and quite modern.

Although this is a predominantly foody fragrance with strong notes of coffee, chai, chocolate, spices and nuts, don't assume that this is a gourmand. Surprisingly Omnia tends to be quite woodsy and the lack of sweetness makes this scent quite masculine, especially in the opening.

Omnia is a rather dark fragrance and strangely sexy too, however it is not your typical sexy, it has more of a mysterious aura. I'm not usually a coffee lover, however in this fragrance the added spices make the scent somewhat exotic and unusual.

I can certainly see this fragrance adapting well to both men and women. It is unfortunate that they have discontinued this fragrance in my country because I feel that unique scents like these should be more readily available.

I must say that although I like this fragrance's subtlety, the lasting power did let me down. Perhaps layering this fragrance with a matching lotion would help with the longevity.

05 June, 2011

asilverfire614's avatar

Beautiful and soft comfortable fragrance on me. I love wearing it to work in the winter. Good staying power and stays close to my skin. This is one of the few perfumes I've smelled that I can detect most, if not all, of its listed notes. And the dry-down? If white chocolate were powder...that's what it would smell like!

Jan
    2009

27 March, 2011

thatsmr2usir's avatar

While I had been anticipating to try this frag I was let down twice. First the bottle is shall we say different, & while it is appealing the container itself is plastic. It would have been better if it were glass. Second, I am VERY dissapointed with the longevity of this scent. While it is very nice, & the white chocolate is very smooth, it is somewhat spicy & a little floral. It should be an EDT! As this does not last more than 4 hours on me. Such a waste for a nice fragrance. This gets a neutral from me, more so on the negative side due to the lack of longevity given its suppose to be an EDP!

29 November, 2010

hollycat's avatar

Omnia is one of my favorite perfumes. A very modern and original oriental. It has all the components that make it a fragrance for comfort. I get the creamyness of the chocolate, the spicyness from the ginger and saffron, and the wonderful woodyness. Its perfection on my skin from beginning to end. I love spicy fragrances but a lot of spicy perfumes can come off as being too harsh. This has got it all. Spicy, inviting, warm, sensual, cozy, and outdoorsy. And it lasts on my skin until my next shower. Its fabulous.

21st October, 2010

Stargazer's avatar

Wales Wales

Elegant, complex, a wonderfully crafted fragrance where all the notes swirl together and then ....pause, like a butterfly landing.

23 July, 2010

elusivek's avatar

When I first picked up this bottle, I almost didn't spray it because upon first sniff of the bottle, all I could smell was powder. I decided to try it anyway because several people suggested it.

What a difference. It's sweet, very very sweet at first w a little pepper. That mellows quickly and the spices start to make their appearances. At this point the powdery note creeps back in and dominates then it goes back to the sweetness where it settles into a soft, subtle, unobtrusive light equally spicy/powdery/sweet scent. It's very "safe"

Ultimately, not for me as the powder note is too strong. Such a shame because the spice is perfect.

22 July, 2010

orrisboy's avatar

Insipid thin chocolate. Not good. And vanishes soooo quickly. Actually reminded me of vending machine hot chocolate when I was a student, that sort of malty water thing with just the slightest whisper of anything vaguely cocoa. The orange note is vile, tic-tac orange with a whiff of Sanatogen multi vitamin. From the house that bought us Black and The Vert. Sad.

04 May, 2010

chorando's avatar

Omnia opens with a lovely spiced chai note. If they somehow had dirtied the opening a little to give an earthy hint it would be a dead ringer for that great combination of Chai Tea in disposable pottery cups you find all over India. As it stands i'm ok with the warm light coconut note that follows. I love Omnia and of all the scents in my wardrobe this is one of the best at creating a cosy enveloped sense of wellbeing. When you wear Omnia everything seems ok with the world.

04 May, 2010

awesomeness's avatar

When I want a gourmand, I reach for Omnia. I've tried many favorites in this genre, such as Trussardi Inside, L'or Torrente, Cafe, and Provactive Interlude. None do for me what Omnia does. I love Omnia, and it loves me back.

Chocolate, coffee, almond, spices, and vanilla are all very well blended, very adult.

Thank you, Alberto Morillas.

28 April, 2010 (Last Edited: 26 March, 2011)

bookwyrmsmith's avatar

Omnia by Bulgari is -to my nose a creamy soft tea-woods scent that I can enjoy----for about half an hour to forty-five minutes then I can't smell it without stuffing my arm to my nose .Sprayed on a pillow or fabric I can smell Omnia but the notes seem to take a different interperetation of the fragrance song. Covet by Sarah Jessica Parker has some creamy tea similarities to my nose ;and remains "smellable" for a longer time.Pricewise I didn't want to spend $30 for a pillow spray so I passed it to my mother.

17 April, 2010

SirSlarty's avatar

Sophisticated fresh yet not harsh citrusy and woody tea. A bit sweet. Very versatile and nice.

07 November, 2009

Aznavour's avatar

Bright enough to be easily wearable but has a thread of spice running through it to give it some character. Not exciting but personally, I think this is the best of the line as the other ones are pretty interchangeable.

24 July, 2009

Asha's avatar

Bulgari Omnia

Notes: Mandarin, Saffron, Masala Tea, and White Chocolate (from Sephora.com)

On first spray, I smell a blended wood accord centered around cedar, pepper, and a note which I can only describe as "chewable baby aspirin orange". The baby aspirin note is quite off putting--it is bitter, artificial, and has a tendency to catch in my throat. Unfortunately, this unpleasantness lasts for a few hours. Omnia is rather linear, so when the aspirin note eventually fades, the blended woods and a soft, powdery and somewhat soapy musk are what remain. The overall effect in the drydown is akin to household items such as laundry detergent, dryer sheets or room spray. Even though tea is listed in the pyramid, I do not smell Bulgari's often-used note in Omnia. Some leathery, tabacco-like tea may have actually brightened this fragrance up a bit. As it stands, it is a rather soft, understated and formless fragrance from start to finish--it is almost as if it has no bone structure. With three sprays on each arm, Omnia stayed close to the skin the entire time. Now, about 12 hours later, there is a faint sweet musk skin scent. It is certainly not the worst fragrance I have experienced, and it will probably not offend anybody. There is simply nothing about Omnia that would entice me to wear it.

20th July, 2009

Marcelle's avatar

I spent the last couple of days nipping in to a Sephora in midtown Manhattan to test a half-dozen Bulgari fragrances. This and Black were my favorites, though I see potential for the the blanc and vert once the weather warms up a bit. Omnia is warm and soothing, the perfect thing for weekends in cool weather. The opening is bergamot, but then I quickly get an array of chai spices, especially cardamom and a bit of black pepper. The base is sandalwood, with subtle hints of cedar, musk, and even a bit of soft leather. The effect is balanced and subtle-- I love that it has gourmand notes without slipping over into vanilla-marshmallow territory. The pepper and warm woods keep things clean and refined. Omnia is feminine but not at all cloying and would be great on men as well.

Omnia stays close to the skin, making it a possibility for settings where a more powerful oriental would get in the way. Longevity is only fair on me, but this is one that could be layered or reapplied during the day. Originally thought to order a mini but am leaning heavily toward a full bottle purchase.

24 January, 2009

kewart's avatar

I wear this scent a lot. It is incredibly versatile and easy to love.
    I consider it my "go to" fragrance of choice. The notes combine in
    the most delicious way and I get lots of compliments when I wear it.

20th January, 2009

tnamey's avatar

An unusual combiniation of bright, light, but alluring and sensuous. I usually go on and on about basenotes, drydown, etc. Let's say that this is one of finest sexually come-hither scent for females. I'm glad that most women have missed this one. I might be in trouble. Clearly one of Bulgari's best scents for females, including the' Blance, the' Rouge, Blu Notte, and the most mysterious, Black! All hands up for the house of Bulgari!

16 January, 2009

A light, rounded mandarin citrus, which opens up moderately spicy with ginger and cardamom. And yes, I think there is some pepper in there even though it isn’t listed. Then the spices from the middle enter in and I get a definite clove and cinnamon along with a rather basic tea note and a floral. I can’t really tell, but I will take their word that the floral is lotus flower – I believe the floral isn’t meant as an individual floral note, but simply to round out and provide a platform for the tea and spices. The drydown is a light, mellow sandalwood. I guess I join a long list of reviewers who don’t smell the chocolate – I don’t even get a hint of it. When Omnia is smelled close to the skin, most of these notes are quite clear, pure, and strong, and I admire that. They don’t, however, give off a lot of sillage, and they create a somewhat translucent fragrance that is a genuine delight. (Edit of September 29, 2008 review.)

29 September, 2008 (Last Edited: 18 June, 2009)

Aiona's avatar

At first spray, it's almost like one of those lemony wipes that used to come with one's Kentucky Fried Chicken. But that disappears fast. Afterwards, it's all freshly-cut cedarwood with cardamom. Maybe a little cinnamon, and a little citrus too. Most mostly cedar cedar cedar. Like walking into a cedar lined closet, while holding a sachet of cardamom and other spices. Some sandalwood too. I don't smell any white chocolate, or at least not any white chocolate I've ever eaten. Sillage is not large, but not small either. I *like* it! This is not a fruity floral. It's just a nice woody scent that has lasted over 6 hours on me today.

26 July, 2008

hester's avatar

South Africa South Africa

Wow, this really is a case of horrifically awful bottle-design putting me so totally off a product that I only smelled this yesterday... and loved it! LOVE! To me this smelled like lemon being strenghtened by something soft and fresh which does not adulterate it... I really didn't get much spice, except quite a bit of pepper, and no chocolate or sandalwood, weird. I shall try again, but I hope I only ever get this lemony, peppery goodness. Quite unusual, very cheerful and very clean. I do suspect it will not have great sillage or lasting power on me, though, sadly. This is very expensive in SA, but I will track it down, in spite of the awful, vile, cheap-feeling and looking, impractical and heavy-spritzing 'bottle'.

07 July, 2008

paul's avatar

On this lady this is so sexy.On others it could be considered simplistic and cloying. I'll try it on my wife. I think it needs a careful examination.

05 July, 2008 (Last Edited: 25 May, 2010)

laurelrea's avatar

This is a lovely warm, spicy smell. The masala and chai notes come through the most on my skin, and while i'm much more of a sweet, fruity perfume wearer, this is lovely for a change.Though I must admit my boyfriend wears it more than I do, and I truely think it's a unisex perfume. It smells great on him!

23 June, 2008

tvlampboy's avatar

A rich and spicy Oriental with fabulous chai notes.

Omnia really should be promoted as a more of a unisex frag, IMHO -- a man can certainly pull this one off if he has the guts. Great bottle too -- really fun! Add to all this the fact that Omnia is often VERY affordable and you've got a winner on your hands.

22 December, 2007

FullCircle's avatar

A most wearable oriental if you don't like orientals. It's spice over wood which is sensitive nose-friendly and unoffensive, lacking the usual smack of vanilla and amber. This is a compelling chai tea fragrance that dries down to rich sandalwood...I personally don't catch the chocolate note on my skin. I would catagorize Omnia as typical Bulgari... rich yet controlled, sophisticated, refined, and very wearable.

12 November, 2007