Neutral Reviews of Omnia by Bulgari

Find out more about Omnia by Bulgari in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

rubyred's avatar
    rubyred

Walking in woodland brushing wet cardamom leaves, subtle hint of ginger being crushed underfoot. Earthy woody and mossy not bitter and not sweet. A very close to the skin scent. A very private treasure. Hints of cardamom and ginger and spices having been closed in an old wooden box. Sadly as well as having no trail, this does not last on my skin and thus the neutral review. Maybe that's why I didn't ever get to smell chocolate or the other notes, it didn't have time to develop. But it's a problem I have with every Bvlgari - they have no lasting power.

17 November, 2012

Darvant's avatar
    Darvant

The first part is averagely sharp, notable in the tea presence, extremely spicy, hesperidic (mostly bergamot) and sophisticated. I thought some iris would be present in the heart but it is not listed and prickly subtleness and the luxuriousness are aroused by the cocktail of tasty and prickly spices, delicate flowers, almond and by the soaring ginger-saffron chord. The following development is to me mostly woodsy and musky with some balanced tastiness made of coffee, powder and patterns of amber. The sweetness is effectively moderate and the juice never becomes cloying or syrupy. The smell is averagely stout in projection and even subtle, refined and pungent. Not bad.

19 May, 2012 (Last Edited: 13 February, 2014)

Zut's avatar
    Zut

Top notes: ginger, mandarin orange, saffron, pepper and cardamom
    Middle notes: nutmeg, cloves, cinnamon, almond, masala chai and lotus
    Base notes: sandalwood, tonka bean, white chocolate, guaiac wood and woody notes

Everything in that olfactory pyramid is edible but the wood notes! I am a great fan of sweet spicy amber-based fragrances but gourmand is not exactly my thing. When I heard there was white chocolate in the composition, I was afraid Omnia would be a disgustingly gourmand concoction à la Thierry Mugler. Well, it is not that. It is merely a trendy semi-oriental floral. Nothing to write home about IMHO. None of the spicy notes really stands out and the tea note (masala chai) gives the fragrance a lingering musty note that spoils everything for me. Although Omnia is not a complete disaster, I feel it does not totally delivers the goods. The bottle is much more original and spectacular than the fragrance itself, unfortunately.

07 February, 2012

Aredore's avatar
    Aredore

Omnia was recommended to me as a sort of "everyday oriental" warm and spicy, but close wearing and well behaved. I can tell now that it is indeed a very mellow milk-tea oriental, lightly spiced on an incredibly quiet ambery-woody-vanilla background. On paper it is fresh-smelling and incredibly dimensional; a spicy tea floral set to a creamy woods and amber background with all the components musically set.

On my body, the scent of bitter orange rind blooms and crushes all other components beneath it's acid weight. Three hours later, valiant sandalwood and white chocolate have successfully crawled from under it's girth, but the orange accord had already been publicly declared unpleasant by family. It's as if Omnia reproduces my natural skin scent so closely that the only difference IS orange oil.

Another amazing perfume I'm not sure I can wear.

26 January, 2012

thatsmr2usir's avatar
    thatsmr2usir

While I had been anticipating to try this frag I was let down twice. First the bottle is shall we say different, & while it is appealing the container itself is plastic. It would have been better if it were glass. Second, I am VERY dissapointed with the longevity of this scent. While it is very nice, & the white chocolate is very smooth, it is somewhat spicy & a little floral. It should be an EDT! As this does not last more than 4 hours on me. Such a waste for a nice fragrance. This gets a neutral from me, more so on the negative side due to the lack of longevity given its suppose to be an EDP!

29 November, 2010

bookwyrmsmith's avatar
    bookwyrmsmith

Omnia by Bulgari is -to my nose a creamy soft tea-woods scent that I can enjoy----for about half an hour to forty-five minutes then I can't smell it without stuffing my arm to my nose .Sprayed on a pillow or fabric I can smell Omnia but the notes seem to take a different interperetation of the fragrance song. Covet by Sarah Jessica Parker has some creamy tea similarities to my nose ;and remains "smellable" for a longer time.Pricewise I didn't want to spend $30 for a pillow spray so I passed it to my mother.

17 April, 2010

Aznavour's avatar
    Aznavour

Bright enough to be easily wearable but has a thread of spice running through it to give it some character. Not exciting but personally, I think this is the best of the line as the other ones are pretty interchangeable.

24 July, 2009

Asha's avatar
    Asha

Bulgari Omnia

Notes: Mandarin, Saffron, Masala Tea, and White Chocolate (from Sephora.com)

On first spray, I smell a blended wood accord centered around cedar, pepper, and a note which I can only describe as "chewable baby aspirin orange". The baby aspirin note is quite off putting--it is bitter, artificial, and has a tendency to catch in my throat. Unfortunately, this unpleasantness lasts for a few hours. Omnia is rather linear, so when the aspirin note eventually fades, the blended woods and a soft, powdery and somewhat soapy musk are what remain. The overall effect in the drydown is akin to household items such as laundry detergent, dryer sheets or room spray. Even though tea is listed in the pyramid, I do not smell Bulgari's often-used note in Omnia. Some leathery, tabacco-like tea may have actually brightened this fragrance up a bit. As it stands, it is a rather soft, understated and formless fragrance from start to finish--it is almost as if it has no bone structure. With three sprays on each arm, Omnia stayed close to the skin the entire time. Now, about 12 hours later, there is a faint sweet musk skin scent. It is certainly not the worst fragrance I have experienced, and it will probably not offend anybody. There is simply nothing about Omnia that would entice me to wear it.

20th July, 2009

djuna's avatar
    djuna

Omnia has the potential to be a truly great fragrance, but on my skin, it never really works. The base notes are gorgeous - a warm, creamy almond, with hints of cocoa powder and orange - and the heart contains some very pretty and (to my nose) nostalgic masala chai spices. However, the top notes are too peppery and aggressive for my taste, and they take quite a while to settle into the sweeter and more subdued notes that characterize the rest of the fragrance. (I should mention here that I wear Tabu, and love many heavy orientals - if something is "a little too peppery" for me, it's probably peppery enough to cause convulsive sneezing fits in the vast majority of the earth's population.) The black tea notes are also problematic; while I love the bitter, smoky smell of tea, I just don't find it wearable. It turns sour and dirty very quickly, and when I wear it, I always have the nagging feeling that I need a hot shower.

If you've been blessed with the chemistry and the temperament necessary for tea and pepper, "Omnia" may be great for you. Unfortunately, it's wasted on me.

31st January, 2007

Elf's avatar
    Elf

This fragrance never really came into focus for me, and I tried it in two different stores. I was hoping for a dark, spicy tea scent, but all I got was a thin whiff of distant chai, then poof! all gone. Certainly inoffensive, though.

19 October, 2006

Kotori's avatar
    Kotori

This is a dry oriental. It begins with an intense, spicy, delightfully complex tea scent. However, the dry down is very flat, and it dries down within about 30 minutes. On my skin, at least, it becomes boring at that point, and almost masculine. Although the opening is lovely, the drydown discourages me from a purchase.

06 September, 2006

calchic's avatar
    calchic

For me, there's just not enough "there" there from Omnia, which is too bad because on paper it sounds like a sumptuous wrap of a fragrance, all exotic spice and melt-in-your-mouth white chocolate (which isn't really chocolate anyway but rather vanilla and cream) and an undertone of light-bodied tea. Then again, perhaps I'm missing the point; while it sounds as though this should be the ultimate in "oriental" fragrance, it's really a truly close-to-the-body skin scent, the type that travels with you in your own space as opposed to arriving in a room before you do and lingering long after you've left. I like the way that Bulgari has taken the idea of fine teas - green, black, white, masala - and built an entire fragrance wardrobe around it, but the Omnia just seems to be lacking the kick, the little edge, that exists in the Eau Perfumee The Vert with its citrusy zing of an overlayer, the Bulgari Black with its almost oily, rubbery undercurrent or the pepper zip in the Eau Perfumee The Blanc. But then again perhaps that's the point; not everyone likes a twist in his or her tea, after all, and so Omnia is there in its own soft and very gentle way.

24 August, 2005

Quarry's avatar
    Quarry

This isn't unisex? Why not? The spice and woodiness make me think it could cross over, although it is gentle, too. It is exotic, even a mite odd in its blending of mandarin, saffron and tea. Credit is due for originality. I'd say Omnia fits autumn. I'm giving my miniature flacon to my husband to use.

10th August, 2005

mgarisbn's avatar
    mgarisbn

This is an unusual scent. I wouldn't call it a perfume. It's more like an extention of one's chemistry. It develops toward a chocolate dry down. This one takes getting used to. Sample first.

01st September, 2004