Positive Reviews of Omnia by Bulgari

Find out more about Omnia by Bulgari in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

naomi13angel's avatar

A funny one this, it wears really close to the skin so its a frag that people wont really smell on you unless you go mad and spray half a bottle on. I guess this makes it a very private smell that you can enjoy all to your self!
    Smells warm and sweet like white chocolate with a teeny tiny spice to it. Great for winter. But like naughty underwear... the only person who knows what your wearing is yourself.

14 September, 2012

heavenscent1's avatar

Thumbs way up on this one for me. Love the strong spiciness of it and the comlex finish. I don't smell the coffee or the chocolate, but that's just my nose, I guess. Warm and cosy feel to it. A terrific offering from Bulgari. Definitely FBW!

07 April, 2012

blood-orange's avatar

My first impressions of Omnia was that it was a lot lighter than I expected and probably not as rich and spicy as I had hoped.

However with that being said, I am not disappointed by this fragrance in the least. It's very unique and quite modern.

Although this is a predominantly foody fragrance with strong notes of coffee, chai, chocolate, spices and nuts, don't assume that this is a gourmand. Surprisingly Omnia tends to be quite woodsy and the lack of sweetness makes this scent quite masculine, especially in the opening.

Omnia is a rather dark fragrance and strangely sexy too, however it is not your typical sexy, it has more of a mysterious aura. I'm not usually a coffee lover, however in this fragrance the added spices make the scent somewhat exotic and unusual.

I can certainly see this fragrance adapting well to both men and women. It is unfortunate that they have discontinued this fragrance in my country because I feel that unique scents like these should be more readily available.

I must say that although I like this fragrance's subtlety, the lasting power did let me down. Perhaps layering this fragrance with a matching lotion would help with the longevity.

05 June, 2011

asilverfire614's avatar

Beautiful and soft comfortable fragrance on me. I love wearing it to work in the winter. Good staying power and stays close to my skin. This is one of the few perfumes I've smelled that I can detect most, if not all, of its listed notes. And the dry-down? If white chocolate were powder...that's what it would smell like!

Jan
    2009

27 March, 2011

hollycat's avatar

Omnia is one of my favorite perfumes. A very modern and original oriental. It has all the components that make it a fragrance for comfort. I get the creamyness of the chocolate, the spicyness from the ginger and saffron, and the wonderful woodyness. Its perfection on my skin from beginning to end. I love spicy fragrances but a lot of spicy perfumes can come off as being too harsh. This has got it all. Spicy, inviting, warm, sensual, cozy, and outdoorsy. And it lasts on my skin until my next shower. Its fabulous.

21st October, 2010

Stargazer's avatar

Wales Wales

Elegant, complex, a wonderfully crafted fragrance where all the notes swirl together and then ....pause, like a butterfly landing.

23 July, 2010

elusivek's avatar

When I first picked up this bottle, I almost didn't spray it because upon first sniff of the bottle, all I could smell was powder. I decided to try it anyway because several people suggested it.

What a difference. It's sweet, very very sweet at first w a little pepper. That mellows quickly and the spices start to make their appearances. At this point the powdery note creeps back in and dominates then it goes back to the sweetness where it settles into a soft, subtle, unobtrusive light equally spicy/powdery/sweet scent. It's very "safe"

Ultimately, not for me as the powder note is too strong. Such a shame because the spice is perfect.

22 July, 2010

chorando's avatar

Omnia opens with a lovely spiced chai note. If they somehow had dirtied the opening a little to give an earthy hint it would be a dead ringer for that great combination of Chai Tea in disposable pottery cups you find all over India. As it stands i'm ok with the warm light coconut note that follows. I love Omnia and of all the scents in my wardrobe this is one of the best at creating a cosy enveloped sense of wellbeing. When you wear Omnia everything seems ok with the world.

04 May, 2010

awesomeness's avatar

When I want a gourmand, I reach for Omnia. I've tried many favorites in this genre, such as Trussardi Inside, L'or Torrente, Cafe, and Provactive Interlude. None do for me what Omnia does. I love Omnia, and it loves me back.

Chocolate, coffee, almond, spices, and vanilla are all very well blended, very adult.

Thank you, Alberto Morillas.

28 April, 2010 (Last Edited: 26 March, 2011)

SirSlarty's avatar

Sophisticated fresh yet not harsh citrusy and woody tea. A bit sweet. Very versatile and nice.

07 November, 2009

Marcelle's avatar

I spent the last couple of days nipping in to a Sephora in midtown Manhattan to test a half-dozen Bulgari fragrances. This and Black were my favorites, though I see potential for the the blanc and vert once the weather warms up a bit. Omnia is warm and soothing, the perfect thing for weekends in cool weather. The opening is bergamot, but then I quickly get an array of chai spices, especially cardamom and a bit of black pepper. The base is sandalwood, with subtle hints of cedar, musk, and even a bit of soft leather. The effect is balanced and subtle-- I love that it has gourmand notes without slipping over into vanilla-marshmallow territory. The pepper and warm woods keep things clean and refined. Omnia is feminine but not at all cloying and would be great on men as well.

Omnia stays close to the skin, making it a possibility for settings where a more powerful oriental would get in the way. Longevity is only fair on me, but this is one that could be layered or reapplied during the day. Originally thought to order a mini but am leaning heavily toward a full bottle purchase.

24 January, 2009

kewart's avatar

I wear this scent a lot. It is incredibly versatile and easy to love.
    I consider it my "go to" fragrance of choice. The notes combine in
    the most delicious way and I get lots of compliments when I wear it.

20th January, 2009

tnamey's avatar

An unusual combiniation of bright, light, but alluring and sensuous. I usually go on and on about basenotes, drydown, etc. Let's say that this is one of finest sexually come-hither scent for females. I'm glad that most women have missed this one. I might be in trouble. Clearly one of Bulgari's best scents for females, including the' Blance, the' Rouge, Blu Notte, and the most mysterious, Black! All hands up for the house of Bulgari!

16 January, 2009

A light, rounded mandarin citrus, which opens up moderately spicy with ginger and cardamom. And yes, I think there is some pepper in there even though it isn’t listed. Then the spices from the middle enter in and I get a definite clove and cinnamon along with a rather basic tea note and a floral. I can’t really tell, but I will take their word that the floral is lotus flower – I believe the floral isn’t meant as an individual floral note, but simply to round out and provide a platform for the tea and spices. The drydown is a light, mellow sandalwood. I guess I join a long list of reviewers who don’t smell the chocolate – I don’t even get a hint of it. When Omnia is smelled close to the skin, most of these notes are quite clear, pure, and strong, and I admire that. They don’t, however, give off a lot of sillage, and they create a somewhat translucent fragrance that is a genuine delight. (Edit of September 29, 2008 review.)

29 September, 2008 (Last Edited: 18 June, 2009)

Aiona's avatar

At first spray, it's almost like one of those lemony wipes that used to come with one's Kentucky Fried Chicken. But that disappears fast. Afterwards, it's all freshly-cut cedarwood with cardamom. Maybe a little cinnamon, and a little citrus too. Most mostly cedar cedar cedar. Like walking into a cedar lined closet, while holding a sachet of cardamom and other spices. Some sandalwood too. I don't smell any white chocolate, or at least not any white chocolate I've ever eaten. Sillage is not large, but not small either. I *like* it! This is not a fruity floral. It's just a nice woody scent that has lasted over 6 hours on me today.

26 July, 2008

hester's avatar

South Africa South Africa

Wow, this really is a case of horrifically awful bottle-design putting me so totally off a product that I only smelled this yesterday... and loved it! LOVE! To me this smelled like lemon being strenghtened by something soft and fresh which does not adulterate it... I really didn't get much spice, except quite a bit of pepper, and no chocolate or sandalwood, weird. I shall try again, but I hope I only ever get this lemony, peppery goodness. Quite unusual, very cheerful and very clean. I do suspect it will not have great sillage or lasting power on me, though, sadly. This is very expensive in SA, but I will track it down, in spite of the awful, vile, cheap-feeling and looking, impractical and heavy-spritzing 'bottle'.

07 July, 2008

paul's avatar

On this lady this is so sexy.On others it could be considered simplistic and cloying. I'll try it on my wife. I think it needs a careful examination.

05 July, 2008 (Last Edited: 25 May, 2010)

laurelrea's avatar

This is a lovely warm, spicy smell. The masala and chai notes come through the most on my skin, and while i'm much more of a sweet, fruity perfume wearer, this is lovely for a change.Though I must admit my boyfriend wears it more than I do, and I truely think it's a unisex perfume. It smells great on him!

23 June, 2008

tvlampboy's avatar

A rich and spicy Oriental with fabulous chai notes.

Omnia really should be promoted as a more of a unisex frag, IMHO -- a man can certainly pull this one off if he has the guts. Great bottle too -- really fun! Add to all this the fact that Omnia is often VERY affordable and you've got a winner on your hands.

22 December, 2007

FullCircle's avatar

A most wearable oriental if you don't like orientals. It's spice over wood which is sensitive nose-friendly and unoffensive, lacking the usual smack of vanilla and amber. This is a compelling chai tea fragrance that dries down to rich sandalwood...I personally don't catch the chocolate note on my skin. I would catagorize Omnia as typical Bulgari... rich yet controlled, sophisticated, refined, and very wearable.

12 November, 2007

Clemmie's avatar

I'm quite surprised that this has been described as 'quiet' because (maybe just on me) it has an amazing sillage, and similarly amazing longevity. I noticed this on a lady in Greece who was standing several yards from me, and asked her what it was. I sought it out at the airport before flying home, and it's now one of my favourites. I wear this one when I really want to make an impact. I think of it as a perfume with the 'thud' factor (I know that sounds odd, but to me it just smells heavy, in a good way). I love this fragrance, it's so unusual, and it always gets comments.

12 April, 2007

Soggy's avatar

I love this...its fresh to begin with smells as though it has pine in it but then it becomes very subtle, creamy,soft. It is a lovely evening fragrance one that will not overpower or be offensive....oh and men seem to notice it and like it...even when I think it has dissappeared.

22 February, 2007

lunarpanic's avatar

Very underrated and underexposed, exhibits the grace that seems to typify Bulgari scents. Whereas Bulgari's jewellery is so often so gaudy, their fragrances are so restrained and poised. Sweet without being at all cloying and spicy but not gratingly so. Apparently gourmand in composition yet not the sickly sugary kind of thing that the word "gourmand" often refers to. Yes, as others have pointed out, very easily unisex, and I find the sillage quite good. I bought it for my mother and sprayed some on her wrist, I'm sure I didn't get any on myself but I kept getting whiffs of it all day. Downright charming.

25 January, 2007

Margareta's avatar

Sweden Sweden

A beautiful, sort of "quiet" oriental, easy to wear, not sweet, more dry, and longlasting, too. The bodylotion is really good! There are more exiting orientals, but I really like this one, as it don´t effend the people around you, yet being a real oriental.

29 December, 2006

TDDanae's avatar

Why didn't I discover this earlier, I don't know. It has everything I like in an oriental soft wood and almond being my favorite. I just simply love this and it has a very creamy vanilla. It is not strong so I can wear this anywhere without fear of offending too many people.

10th December, 2006

vdxxl's avatar

Romania Romania

In my country there is a small shop that sells similar essences to the haute couture fragrances:great sillage and copies.The interesting fact is that Omnia is sold as unisex and so , I one bought a 5 ml bottle.This is excellent,masculine, but with a delicate touch.On some women it smells great too but this one it is not as feminine as Bulgari pretends.

12 November, 2006

misspring's avatar

This a a great spicy scent. My wearing it lead to a friend buying it and now it is currently her favorite.
    There is that first blast of peppery spice, and it settles in, smooth, tea and a hint of the chocolate.
    I like the way it lingers.

27 September, 2006

purplebird7's avatar

Gezhundheit! A blast of black pepper which magically disappears, is replaced by a cup of Masala tea with cardamom and clove, and a gingerbread cookie shaped like a Dutch windmill, spicy but only mildly sweet. As the skin warms, a most beautiful sandalwood emerges, long-lasting but close to the skin. Delicious. Expect minimal sillage. Snuggle up and enjoy.

11th August, 2006 (Last Edited: 08 April, 2013)

themeglet's avatar

I've waited a few weeks to write a review on Omnia, since I've been--and still am--somewhat undecided. I like the scent much more now than initially; it's sweet, but nicely grounded by a spicy basenote that works well. I was expecting the white chocolate note to come through more clearly, but I only get a hint of it. There is a bit of a "kick" to it that reminds one of chai and sandalwood. Quite nice, somewhat wearable, infinitely sniffable in the bottle. Should my mini ever run dry, it will certainly be replaced--I'm just not convinced that it's full-sized-bottle-worthy.

30th July, 2006

iMaverick's avatar

It has this freshness in the beginning, sensual, inviting, and right down to the base, a neutral composition that doesn't overpower, but has a confidence and ease that like everyone else, enctices one to want to drink it!

23 February, 2006