Negative Reviews of X-Centric by Dunhill

Find out more about X-Centric by Dunhill in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

nightcutter's avatar
    nightcutter

I normally like Dunhill fragrances - a lot.

But this is rubbish.
    It's VERY light.
    All I smell is a weak rubbery note and maybe a bit of ozone.
    Stays incredibly close to the skin.
    Stupid bottle top as well.
    Very disappointing.

24 January, 2011

AnimaSola's avatar
    AnimaSola

This is the only Dunhill fragrance that I've worn and not enjoyed. I bought it blind, and since it was Dunhill I thought it would be appealing to me. It has a weird and synthetically cloying smell, not unlike Burberry Touch and Kenzo colognes. A major disappointment.

12 January, 2011

PerfumeCollector's avatar
    PerfumeCollector

I really wanted to like this perfume a lot. Judging just by its notes it sounded so apealling, but I could not find the "Eccentricity" of this perfume at all. It is so common, actually it reminds me of several other scents. The word for it is "mediocre", and that is being generous. On the other hand, it is not repulsive, it is actually pleasant and I could wear it anytime, specially if I want to go unnoticed because it will no call the attention of anybody. (Good "camouflage" scent???) LOL

12 December, 2010

foetidus

X-Centric: synthetic to the max but not necessarily unpleasant: Annoying opening - generic middle - nice base.

10th August, 2009

tvlampboy's avatar
    tvlampboy

CologneJunkie says it best: Hugo or some such nonsense, with a none-too-lovely drydown of cheap deodorant soap. The PERFECT gift this Christmasolstihanumas for any relatives you love to hate (and vice versa).

16 October, 2007

Dimitrios's avatar
    Dimitrios

Hmmm .... weak thin & watery .. smells like a child covered in watermelon ,, thank god for Edition & others by Dunhill

26 May, 2007

CologneJunkie's avatar
    CologneJunkie

I was at Marshall's today checking out their sales & I saw this. I gave it a quick spritz on the back of my hand. BLECH! Way too strong and masculine for my liking. I asked the nearest SA where the bathroom was & she said in the back behind the shoe racks. Well, when I got to the shoes, I found they had several pair of Converse Chuck Taylors, which I adore. So I checked out the Chucks for several minutes before I got to the bathroom to wash it out. Before I took the soap to the back of my hand, I sniffed what the drydown was like. To me, it smelled just like Hugo! Again, blech. So I scrubbed my hand, and of course 3 hours later I can still smell it. Now, it smells like Coast soap.

13 September, 2005

Stuey's avatar
    Stuey

X-tra boring! --Dunhill is appealing to the masses on this debockle. It's not a bad scent at all, but it's neither original OR memorable in the least. Run-of-the-mill scent; comes out fresh, fades fast.

02 July, 2002 (Last Edited: 27 March, 2003)

scentimus's avatar
    scentimus

No I was not impressed ! It smells very much like Nautica Latitude and Longitude.
    The bottle is quite impressive a much funky modern purple version of the Desire bottle.
    I was very much impressed with Desire when it first came out. This one is a let down.

01st September, 2001