Reviews of Avatar by Coty

studer Show all reviews
For the price I really like this scent. The longevity is terrible though. If this scent would last a little longer I would definately wear it as a everyday scent.
12th August, 2012
My thumbs-up here is based on the fact that this is a "bargain scent", and should be taken accordingly. For the price, this is a good, basic fragrance. Nothing fancy, and yet, as several other reviewers have noted, for some reason I get as much attention from the ladies when wearing this as I do when sporting some of my favorite (yet *much* more expensive) scents.

My dad used to wear Old Spice every day (with the occasional jaunt into Aqua Velva territory -- or something equally as mainstream, haha), but I was never so much of a snob that I couldn't appreciate Old Spice as a decent everyday use cologne -- and so I guess Avatar is my version of my father's OS. ;-)
31st May, 2012
I first smelled this on a coworker and asked what it was. Later, I noticed I'd try to "get a whiff" of him every time he passed by...so I had to get my hubby a bottle. For an inexpensive cologne I think it's wonderfully clean and sexy.
07th June, 2011

HaHa!! It's funny that the reviews below give this "economy" fragrance a thumbs down but if you look around, it's hard to get this cologne for dirt cheap like other Coty or Dana scents. And it is not so common on ebay like those "entry level" colognes.

I just tried it today and it permeates the surrounding area immediately, don't over spray or splash this! If you were to blindfold some folks out there they would probably swear it is a pricier brand.

It is not "synthetic" or like Cool Water or very common in my opinion. I had some chick approach me at the bar tonight and I gotta wonder if the Avatar might have had something to do with it?

A cheaper scent like this is probably not going to have "sample' vials available so you gotta jump in and purchase it, go for the .50 oz; my opinion says you will not be disappointed.
25th September, 2010
To my nose, Avatar smells like half Cool Water and half Tommy. What bothers me most about Avatar is the pineapple note.. I'm not a fan of pineapple in fragrances whatsoever. The pineapple note in Avatar is done horribly and actually smells like onions! Barf. I like the smell of Avatar in the air though, as it's quite aromatic, and the onion accord isn't noticeable. The fragrance itself is actually pretty sexy, just not on my skin.
28th February, 2010 (last edited: 18th November, 2010)
Cheap, metallic, and rather poorly done. I didn't even like it when I was younger.
Horrible fragrance
21st January, 2010
Avatar is a nice fresh scent i get complimented on all the time .I find it funny that some here say that it doesn't last,works for me.Oh and people always want to know what i'm wearing. Coty has a good one here.
16th May, 2009
No reason for the bad reviews, this stuff smells great and yes the ladies do love it! My only complaint is it doesnt last long but not really an issue because its so cheap you can get it for $10 a bottle.
23rd April, 2009
Descent cheap cologne, wear after work out sometimes to cover up BO but would never wear it seriously.
28th January, 2009
My wife got me this cologne, pretty cheap by the way. I love the light scent yet masculine mid tones of it. I always get compliments when wearing it. I may have to contact Coty for a promo fee. Usually I apply it right after taking a bath when the porous are still open and also as an after shave. I may also reapply it after put it on a very light coat of Vaseline Petroleum Jelly first on dry spots (especially now during winter which I do all over my face... is the perfect moisturizer for me at least.) I say give it a try. Like all other scents, not all fragrances go well with everybody.
21st January, 2009
Smells exactly like Aspen (also made by Coty), but lighter and shorter-lasting. Both can be found for under $10; I'd go with Aspen.
07th January, 2009
Synthetic and generic, I’m afraid that Atavar is not a very good fragrance. I don’t really pick up much in notes or accords in this except a synthetic, metallic smell that presents strong sillage but poor longevity. The metallic note presents a lot of headache induction potential and is not as enjoyable as the metallics of Chrome or L’Anarchiste. For someone who rather likes the metallic aspect of Avatar, I would instead recommend Chrome, which is a similar but a much better fragrance altogether.
13th September, 2008
Another cheap fougere. Actually smells like watered down Adidas Moves. Smells ok for like a minute then disappears completely. Cool bottle though.
03rd June, 2008

I don't understand why this cologne has gotten such bad reviews. In my opinion you can not really go wrong here with this one. Smells very good, inexpensive and if you're one of the "oh everybody's wearing it" people...it's relatively under the radar. I have had countless females tell me "you smell sooo good" while wearing this. So many in fact that i have labled it", Woman Come Hither" instead of Avatar. Give it a whirl....
26th December, 2007
The scent has no real staying power. It also has a very indistinct smell. It was given to me as a gift, but it really doesn't compare to a good fragrance with regards to smell and longevity.
25th November, 2007
I was given this fragrance as a gift
the smell is not intrusive but verry light i can barely smell it (i dont have a good nose but that one dosent smell much) just sufice to say my toot paste smells more... i supose its a nice backgroud smell (not noticed) that you can ware alot... im a nEwb so dont take my word for it ...
09th October, 2006
This one is hard for me to describe It's very sweet but very soft to. I find it more simillar to those body sprays people are all buying today. Thats not ment to be a degrading argument. I like most of those body sprays...just a cologne or perfume should last a little longer and be a little louder then a $3 bodyspray. Thank god it's not to expensive cause if you like it you'll go through a lot of it reapplying 2 or 3 times a day! Does anyone else notice that this one and another one by cody called Universo smell exactly the same thats why ill use this same review for that one too!
26th March, 2006
Not great, not bad. Very similar to Perry Ellis Reserve but less musky - if you like that one, you'll probably like this one too. Something mabye to wear to a ballgame or a casual bar-b-que. Staying power is not bad... I don't know what the previous reviewer is on to about regarding that, but it lasts plenty long on me.
22nd September, 2004
I concur with the previous reviewer -- Avatar should be much better than it is. Just doesn't stand out in any way. On the positive side, it's very clean and inoffensive. However, a large part of its inoffensiveness is due to the fact that it's doubtful that anyone besides the wearer could detect it. This is one you could bathe in and have it barely be noticeable. If you're looking for a "stealth cologne," look no further!
23rd May, 2004
With all the notes I like in here, this scent should be great, but it does not appeal to me. Very common and indistinct. If this is, as the name suggests, a physical incarnation of God, I'll become an atheist!
The bottle is artsy, like the angle of it. Too bad the scent is not!
30th December, 2002