Negative Reviews of Baie de Genièvre by Creed

Find out more about Baie de Genièvre by Creed in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

MysteryBuff40's avatar

A little bit of Paco Rabanne and a little bit Christmas tree room spray by Glade and there you have it: Baie de Genievre. Feels terribly dated. Maybe something a 70-80 year-old would wear to a holiday party. Smells of the forest the way those tiny tree fresheners you hang from the car mirror smell of the forest. Why Creed keeps this around is beyond me.

24 August, 2010

DavidBond007's avatar

I had to smell this one again and to be honest I do not like the smell at all. It lacks any depth, too light and too bland Vetiver with old grass or something. I would not buy this at all. Definitely not one of Creed's best.

23 March, 2010 (Last Edited: 01st April, 2010)

NaturalAndSubtle's avatar

Juniper Berries and good gin have a bit of tart, acrid, dryness to them -- an edge. This is certainly a refined fragrence -- too much so for my taste. Its too refined and rounded which gives it an unnatural feel. The cinnamon acknowledges the excessive wetness of the juniper, but that spicy twinge I associate with cinnamon has also been rounded out. It doesn't have the salty quality of sea air. It becomes slightly crisper in the drydown, but its still been overly refined. I think this fragrence would be a lovely fragrence for a scented bath, and could be very nice on the right sort of woman (an handsome woman looking for a masculine fragrence).

09 December, 2006

The-odor's avatar

Russian Federation Russian Federation

Smelled sheep-farm right from the bottle. But when I sprayed it on my skin it revealed a sharp spicy scent devepoled with strong woody-soapy note. Could be a good office companion if you (of your middle age) can stand it. I can't. Most inharmonious expensive scent to my skin&nose duet.

30th June, 2003

Vialman's avatar

I have a sample of Baie de Genievre..and I wasn't moved by it..it sorta has a licorice aroma that I don't find appealing. The dry down isn't as bad..but I wouldn't put this one on my Creed's must have list.

21st January, 2001