Neutral Reviews of Bleu Marine by Pierre Cardin

Missed this one in the 80's. Armani was coming onto the scene with a big splash. I do remember the introduction of this generic note in the early 90's. It comes off as mid grade bubble bath
to me.
If this was built in 1986, it was probably
a little ahead of the pack. Give me original Pour Monsieur or even better the sleeper Maxim's. I'll leave this for the young bucks.
22nd March, 2016
This one instantly makes you reminisce about the late 80s - early 90s transition with its dark, somewhat dank nature of a murky puddle or an old wet brick wall, which would be an idea for a quasi-aquatic scent back in the day, obtained from a mixture of moss and a multitide of green and woody notes (carnation, patchouli, cinnamon, jasmine and caraway - all those ingredients can also be traceable). The sillage is quite good, longevity gets close to a couple of hours, albeit I've only tried it on my wrist, and after three hours or so it was still there, alive and kicking. I can't give it a thumb up, because this is not a scent that will appeal to everyone, but there is still some odd quality to it that makes Bleu Marine worthwhile. Yet, you should try it before you buy it.
05th August, 2014 (last edited: 06th August, 2014)
Well, with a name like "Bleu Marine" I hadn't expected to like this at all. Actually, it isn't bad.
I'd call it an aquatic herbal. A bit ozonic and metallic, but not screechy. Some good green-herbal notes, also the typical silvery sheen of armoise. Not terribly sweet, not too heavy. The Halston Z-14 comparison is apt, I'd call this a "lite" version of that scent. Definitely a warm-weather scent due to its frosty vibe.
16th December, 2010

Spicy and sweetish. Lots of patchouli in this and it smells like Halston Z-14. Terribly misleading name, no marine-ness in this whatsoever. I'm a sucker for aquatics and expected this to be such but it's actually heavy and spicy. I don't care for it.
02nd March, 2009
Not long lasting but I like the spiciness. A good, cheap blue cologne for whenever.
26th May, 2008
Yeah... not bad.. but I wouldn't buy this fragrance anymore.
23rd August, 2005