Neutral Reviews of Bleu Marine by Pierre Cardin

Find out more about Bleu Marine by Pierre Cardin in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

Muzzer27's avatar

Poland Poland

This one instantly makes you reminisce about the late 80s - early 90s transition with its dark, somewhat dank nature of a murky puddle or an old wet brick wall, which would be an idea for a quasi-aquatic scent back in the day, obtained from a mixture of moss and a multitide of green and woody notes (carnation, patchouli, cinnamon, jasmine and caraway - all those ingredients can also be traceable). The sillage is quite good, longevity gets close to a couple of hours, albeit I've only tried it on my wrist, and after three hours or so it was still there, alive and kicking. I can't give it a thumb up, because this is not a scent that will appeal to everyone, but there is still some odd quality to it that makes Bleu Marine worthwhile. Yet, you should try it before you buy it.

05th August, 2014 (Last Edited: 06th August, 2014)

odysseusm's avatar

Well, with a name like "Bleu Marine" I hadn't expected to like this at all. Actually, it isn't bad.
    I'd call it an aquatic herbal. A bit ozonic and metallic, but not screechy. Some good green-herbal notes, also the typical silvery sheen of armoise. Not terribly sweet, not too heavy. The Halston Z-14 comparison is apt, I'd call this a "lite" version of that scent. Definitely a warm-weather scent due to its frosty vibe.

16th December, 2010

Critic's avatar

Zimbabwe Zimbabwe

Spicy and sweetish. Lots of patchouli in this and it smells like Halston Z-14. Terribly misleading name, no marine-ness in this whatsoever. I'm a sucker for aquatics and expected this to be such but it's actually heavy and spicy. I don't care for it.

02nd March, 2009

SirSlarty's avatar

Not long lasting but I like the spiciness. A good, cheap blue cologne for whenever.

26th May, 2008

Gregy87's avatar

Yeah... not bad.. but I wouldn't buy this fragrance anymore.

23rd August, 2005