Reviews

Reviews of Blue Jeans by Versace

Salutation.

A nostalgic scent for me.all notes in BLUE JEANS are really CUTE.Full of ENERGY,FRESH,YOUNG and FREE.sweet and yummy like chocolate.it was a great surprise for me.

In the beginning it seems like a UNISEX scent.This scent to make sweet moments for you.i am a fan of ORIENTAL WOODY and too i know this kind of colognes are so seductive and popular for Girls.

BLUE JEANS was less expensive and better than EAU FRAICHE and POUR HOMME for me.Lovely from beginning to end.much better for younger population definitely 20/30 years old.

Perfect for SPRING evenings.Good sillage and too longevity was Good on my skin.Anyway for me lovely fragrance forever and it is a perfect choise when you dont want fragrances too light or too heavy.Definitely worth buying.

7.5/10
10th May, 2015
Blue Jeans always reminds me of a beautiful sunny day. It is fresh, crisp and makes me and my nose very happy. I first purchased it when it was introduced and I have never stopped using it. I think this is one fragrance that will never go out of style.
26th July, 2014
bmn Show all reviews
I purchased this a while back but hadn't really worn it. Then I decided to try it again. Man, I love this stuff! Somehow it reminds me of A&F Fierce -- something about the warmth and projection -- maybe some iso-e-super here? Anyhow, really great scent that I smelled once in the 90's but completely passed over -- so to me it doesn't smell dated, just heavenly. A big thumbs up.
13th April, 2014
Tony T Show all reviews
Fresh citrus opening.Violet dominated 90's Value..
I still wear it occasionally..
Powder-musky drydown. Excellent for the baller on a budget..
01st January, 2014
Good Economical Fragrance

a weird scent, I must admit. open by a zest of something that reminds me of some liquor I ever had in tropical islands. I dont remember which one, but definitely the zest of freshness of citrus that quite intoxicating. thats the best part of blue jeans in my opinion. I've get pretty much fragrance. this one is synthetic but smells really nice. the bottle is awkward, but the juice is just great! after the mesmerizing opening, it'll transform into a sweet floral that quite nice (still shadowed by citrus) until slowly fades away and replaced by fresh vanilla (sweet, but not overtly sweet). personally I using it only when I'm at home, I really enjoy how this economically priced fragrance transform itself

Pros: Price
Cons: A bit offensive for some"

20th October, 2013
Not too bad

I had this one many moons ago. I remember it as being powdery and slightly spicy. I use to wear this one in the clubs years ago. Not a bad scent. IMO it's kind of out-dated. I would recommend this one for winter and fall nights.

Pros: inexpensive
Cons: Too Powdery

07th July, 2013
Another Versace to add in your collection...

I just recently purchased Versace's Blue Jeans... Personally, I think it compares to CK's (very old school) Eternity with a subtle touch of powder freshness creating a new scent that belongs to anyone's collection. I have found Blue Jeans will last the day without reapplication and believe it is a scent for all age groups and fits any occasion. At Amazon's price, it is a great value. 4.2 stars..
13th May, 2013
This used to be my signature scent back in my teenage years. I loved it. I bought it 3 weeks ago, just because of sentimental purposes and...I hate it now! Can't believe it. Maybe they changed something in the formulation, or maybe my nose changed very much over the years. Anyway, if you like it - go for it, because the price is really good for what you get ( as longevity and projection, and also it doesn't smell cheap)
04th April, 2013
A scent that really grows on you. Got so much character. Lasting power excellent. A gem and a classic.
12th March, 2013
Good, nice and cheap! A powdery floral fragrance with overtones woods hiding sensual. Ideal for everyday wear. It will not look bad. Popular among young people here. It is a youthful fragrance, but that does not mean infant.
22nd December, 2012
Definetely a must buy because: very cheap, smells good, lasting power is great (around 8 hours), projection is big and sillage too. Yes it smells a bit synthetic, but who cares? I've been using since 1998 and i still enjoy it.
12th December, 2012
I bought a bottle of Baby Blue Jeans. Then I bought a second bottle. I love it. It's certainly one of a few good, affordable casual scents for the summer in the designer realm... so I had to try out the other Versace Jeans scents... went right for the Blue Jeans. Right off the bat I had to get one thing straight: this is NOT Baby Blue Jeans. This is an odd one for me. I see there is a lavender accord in there somewhere. I can't detect it. I instantly get clean... not a bit of citrus in there through my nose... then it turns into woods. Big, pronounced woods with sweet musk. This smells like something I have smelled many times before. Maybe it's dragging me back in time to high school and alternative rock vibes, but not quite. I can't see wearing this in ANY situation that requires me to be around many people. I can easily foresee a comment of: "Who's wearing something?!" ...

The dry down is all woody and still sweet... I'm really trying to like it. I think it has something in there I do like, but it only comes out in small whiffs. Recommend this? Not really. Would I wear it if I had more than a sizable sample? No. I'm not a fan at all. But to be fair, in all of that mash-mash of notes, I can find something I kind of like. Otherwise... meh.. I'll stick to my Versus Baby Blue Jeans... and, if I can find it, Black Jeans.
23rd October, 2012
At the start is a blast of citrus, and I detect the Nutmeg from the start too, that reminds me Pierre Cardin Pour Monsieur a lot, after one hour or less , becames sweet , and sweet , in a feminine way ... I just can't wear it , it's too sweet and loud for me ... I think it's a little bit vulgar too.
Versace Black Jeans continues to be my favorite.
22nd December, 2011
The price really surprises me. One of the most "bang-for-buck" fragrances out there. The citrusy opening grows into an incredible lavender heart note, I wouldn't call it cloying but it is strong. Great for teens and young adults I guess. Many say this reminds them of the late 80s and early 90s but oh well, too young to know.

One of the best lavender fragrances out there that I would recommend. And that price, oh my word. Big shout out to all junior college students/high-schoolers on a budget looking for a fragrance
12th August, 2011

At the beginning the accord of lavender, herbal elements, citrus, floral notes, musk and cedar reminds me a bit Spazio Krizia but Blue Jeans is less aromatic and a bit darker and sweeter because of the link of patchouli, violets and jasmine. I detect a sort of neroli accord that is not listed and that interacts with nuttmeg in order to enrich the wake. The initial liquorice-herbal-citrus-lavender opening leads the smell, through a floral transition, towards a woody and powdery outcome with a pleasant and smooth musky-sandalwood undertone. The patchouli interacts with anise, aromatic herbs, cedar, woods and creamy musk in order to perform the typical powdery bit woodsy-mentholated after taste changed and and glorified by a valzer of fruits and flowers. Casual and youthful but complex at all.
02nd August, 2011
chet31 Show all reviews
A nice fresh powdery scent, but not particularly unique. One of dozens of nice mall fragrances.
30th April, 2011
I bought this the over day at tj maxx for 20 bucks. Its very feminine but I love the smell. I'm addicted to it. Its innofensive. Its a versatile fragrance, i think it could be used and season it could be a going out scent or a daily scent. Its very young. i believe thisd i a great blind buy for a high schooler. I would reccomend this for people under 25.
20th March, 2011
Versace Blue Jeans,

The 90's are back, with dance music, Beverly Hills, 90210 and Nirvana!
Love this little fella, rich, deep, masculine and complex, lot's of notes mixed in a blender and something unique came out, currently is possible to buy it really cheap, Good vibe, versatile, young and old crowd, evening wear, good silage, so go easy on the trigger. For the rest just enjoy this beautiful scent!!!
PS: Blue can is trendy!
21st February, 2011
shamu1 Show all reviews
With its stupid looking bottle and tin can container, Blue Jeans was a big surprise for me. This is a good fragrance! While I do find it a bit powdery and sweet, it's far from the olfactory Tootsie Roll that most of the other reviewers describe here. To me, Blue Jeans smells like a light woody, anisic oriental, highlighted by wood and spice notes that smell very dark. Those dark notes are counterbalanced with whitish, creamy, powdery lavender and floral notes. All the notes are handled in a restrained manner, with no notes overpowering any others. Blue Jeans smells smooth and very well balanced, which is more than I can say about most niche fragrances I've smelled which cost ten times more than this.

MY RATING: 7.5/10
08th February, 2011
This fragrance I very much enjoy. It has a very nice strong start and as it dries out there comes a very nice smell of sandalwood. The bottle and case are very unique and looks like an old fashioned coke bottle. Overall this was a very nice fragrance to add to the collection, especially for the price it is sold for.
02nd January, 2011
Bigsly Show all reviews
Put Juniper, Lavender, Jasmine, and Violet together in a fragrance and I'm likely going to feel nauseous. I'm not usually a fan of galbanum either, and strong citrus bothers me. So, Blue Jeans is sort of like an anti-fragrance to me, due to the notes they used. I also consider it poorly made and the ingredients seem low quality. Baby Blue Jeans is kind of a pared down, more masculine version of Shalimar, so that one isn't bad, if that's what you are seeking. The ingredients in that one are good enough. Green Jeans is really good, a borderline "niche" fragrance. I suggest trying Samba Nova for men, however, rather than Blue Jeans, for something similar but better in every way, though the ingredients' quality is probably in the same range.
09th June, 2010
Very powdery. Imagine the smell of baby powder, coupled with a mix of citrus and lavender.

Moderate longevity and projection.

There are better fragrances out there which can project the lavender and citrus accord better.

The top notes smell acidic and sharp, crispy, slightly sour. But this is a good thing, in cold weather. The dry down presents itself with a very pleasant consistency, it starts to open into the floral notes.

Don't spray too much on yourself, it induces a sneeze or two on me in an enclosed space. Good effort by Versace.
22nd May, 2010
Not only the package looks like a Coke product: this really smells like Coke! Coke and Bubble gum! Sickening sweet from top to the end. On the drydown some woods apear to try to balance the concotion. Lasts for a long time and has a good sillage. Good one, but wouldn«t buy it again. I like sweet fragrances, but this one is sweet in a old fashion way.
23rd April, 2010
This was my 1st cologne ever, brings a lot of memories about junior high. I received this as a b-day gift along with Heroes of Might and Magic 3. All these gifts and the memories of summer are forever embedded in the Blue Jeans scent. I frequently wear it in the summer. For me Blue Jeans means carefree good time.

Update:

They reformulated the formula and its called Versus Versace Blue Jeans now. Weaker projection and silage and slightly different ingredients compared to the original scent.
19th April, 2010 (last edited: 17th December, 2013)
Powdery Vanilla-ish scent for colder weather. Not bad at all, even though it s not very masculine scent. It's price is low, but non the less this is not a low quality fragrance. Not in particular that I'd strive to have it in my collection, but I cannot say this would never have a place in it.
10th April, 2010
This is probably the first fragrance from Versace that I actually enjoy. Ok, I have to concede it feels generic by today's standards but in 1994? Certainly not! What BLUE JEANS lacks in originality it more than makes up in balance. Clean, pleasant musk with a touch of green. I don't find it sweet at all. Perfect for the newcomer who's thinking of dipping a toe into the murky world of fragrances.
31st March, 2010
Just by the smell of this, you can definately tell it is an old school fragrance that would turn heads these days. A nice sweet fragrance that expresses the middle notes of lavender well. I agree with the others that it borders on being feminine. nice, light, and airy, i would definately buy it for times when i feel i need to wear something more old school.
24th March, 2010
Wow, this one is very sweet. Borders on being feminine. The 1st hour of it reminds me of Burberry Brit for Women. It has that sweet sorta candy smell. It is certainly strong and has some grunt to it.
13th March, 2010
Bland, very everyday, powdery. Blue Jeans isn't terrible, it's just not good enough to warrant a positive rating. Sillage and longevity are both admirable, though.
13th March, 2010
Revising my previous review, after buying a bottle of this on sale at TJ Maxx for 19.99. I am glad to have made this purchase. Blue Jeans is one of those hidden gems, which the bottle and name just don't match the extraordinary juice behind it. You see this blue dyed fragrance, in a cheesy bottle with a tin can.

As for the juice inside. Really well blended.. I mostly get vanilla, rose, accompanied by this Coca-Cola like smell, plus some dark dirty vetiver underneath it all. I can't help but think of the discontinued JV Rock Vol I every time I wear this stuff. The vanilla/rose combo just takes me there. Beware though, this can easily become cloying! Longevity and projection are both above average, and price point makes this a good buy.

Another revision: The smokey plastic smelling dry down kind of ruins it for me. I typically like smokey fragrances, but this one is smokey in all the wrong places. Similar to the smokiness in Baby Blue Jeans. Not digging this dry down at all!
28th February, 2010 (last edited: 13th February, 2013)