Neutral Reviews of Blue Jeans by Versace

Find out more about Blue Jeans by Versace in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

reinhard5490's avatar

Netherlands Netherlands

Good Economical Fragrance

a weird scent, I must admit. open by a zest of something that reminds me of some liquor I ever had in tropical islands. I dont remember which one, but definitely the zest of freshness of citrus that quite intoxicating. thats the best part of blue jeans in my opinion. I've get pretty much fragrance. this one is synthetic but smells really nice. the bottle is awkward, but the juice is just great! after the mesmerizing opening, it'll transform into a sweet floral that quite nice (still shadowed by citrus) until slowly fades away and replaced by fresh vanilla (sweet, but not overtly sweet). personally I using it only when I'm at home, I really enjoy how this economically priced fragrance transform itself

Pros: Price
    Cons: A bit offensive for some"

20th October, 2013

sjg3839's avatar

Not too bad

I had this one many moons ago. I remember it as being powdery and slightly spicy. I use to wear this one in the clubs years ago. Not a bad scent. IMO it's kind of out-dated. I would recommend this one for winter and fall nights.

Pros: inexpensive
    Cons: Too Powdery

07 July, 2013

Finally24's avatar

This used to be my signature scent back in my teenage years. I loved it. I bought it 3 weeks ago, just because of sentimental purposes and...I hate it now! Can't believe it. Maybe they changed something in the formulation, or maybe my nose changed very much over the years. Anyway, if you like it - go for it, because the price is really good for what you get ( as longevity and projection, and also it doesn't smell cheap)

04 April, 2013

MapOfTheWoods's avatar

I bought a bottle of Baby Blue Jeans. Then I bought a second bottle. I love it. It's certainly one of a few good, affordable casual scents for the summer in the designer realm... so I had to try out the other Versace Jeans scents... went right for the Blue Jeans. Right off the bat I had to get one thing straight: this is NOT Baby Blue Jeans. This is an odd one for me. I see there is a lavender accord in there somewhere. I can't detect it. I instantly get clean... not a bit of citrus in there through my nose... then it turns into woods. Big, pronounced woods with sweet musk. This smells like something I have smelled many times before. Maybe it's dragging me back in time to high school and alternative rock vibes, but not quite. I can't see wearing this in ANY situation that requires me to be around many people. I can easily foresee a comment of: "Who's wearing something?!" ...

The dry down is all woody and still sweet... I'm really trying to like it. I think it has something in there I do like, but it only comes out in small whiffs. Recommend this? Not really. Would I wear it if I had more than a sizable sample? No. I'm not a fan at all. But to be fair, in all of that mash-mash of notes, I can find something I kind of like. Otherwise... meh.. I'll stick to my Versus Baby Blue Jeans... and, if I can find it, Black Jeans.

23 October, 2012

Darvant's avatar

At the beginning the accord of lavender, herbal elements, citrus, floral notes, musk and cedar reminds me a bit Spazio Krizia but Blue Jeans is less aromatic and a bit darker and sweeter because of the link of patchouli, violets and jasmine. I detect a sort of neroli accord that is not listed and that interacts with nuttmeg in order to enrich the wake. The initial liquorice-herbal-citrus-lavender opening leads the smell, through a floral transition, towards a woody and powdery outcome with a pleasant and smooth musky-sandalwood undertone. The patchouli interacts with anise, aromatic herbs, cedar, woods and creamy musk in order to perform the typical powdery bit woodsy-mentholated after taste changed and and glorified by a valzer of fruits and flowers. Casual and youthful but complex at all.

02 August, 2011

TheBuyer's avatar

Brazil Brazil

Not only the package looks like a Coke product: this really smells like Coke! Coke and Bubble gum! Sickening sweet from top to the end. On the drydown some woods apear to try to balance the concotion. Lasts for a long time and has a good sillage. Good one, but wouldn«t buy it again. I like sweet fragrances, but this one is sweet in a old fashion way.

23 April, 2010

Kerosene's avatar

Wow, this one is very sweet. Borders on being feminine. The 1st hour of it reminds me of Burberry Brit for Women. It has that sweet sorta candy smell. It is certainly strong and has some grunt to it.

13 March, 2010

TropiRock's avatar

Bland, very everyday, powdery. Blue Jeans isn't terrible, it's just not good enough to warrant a positive rating. Sillage and longevity are both admirable, though.

13 March, 2010

The_Cologneist's avatar

Revising my previous review, after buying a bottle of this on sale at TJ Maxx for 19.99. I am glad to have made this purchase. Blue Jeans is one of those hidden gems, which the bottle and name just don't match the extraordinary juice behind it. You see this blue dyed fragrance, in a cheesy bottle with a tin can.

As for the juice inside. Really well blended.. I mostly get vanilla, rose, accompanied by this Coca-Cola like smell, plus some dark dirty vetiver underneath it all. I can't help but think of the discontinued JV Rock Vol I every time I wear this stuff. The vanilla/rose combo just takes me there. Beware though, this can easily become cloying! Longevity and projection are both above average, and price point makes this a good buy.

Another revision: The smokey plastic smelling dry down kind of ruins it for me. I typically like smokey fragrances, but this one is smokey in all the wrong places. Similar to the smokiness in Baby Blue Jeans. Not digging this dry down at all!

28 February, 2010 (Last Edited: 13 February, 2013)

sjohnjay's avatar

Blue Jeans is probably an apt name for this.
    Very generic. It would make a good gift for the cousin or nephew that you barely know, and see every third Xmas (assuming he is between 16 and 21).
    It is sweet, respectably pleasant, and can be had for $10.

20th February, 2010

dm8m's avatar

Philippine Philippine

I used to own one. it's top note is very refreshing, very citrusy. after which comes the very strong flower notes.

the flowery concuction just clogs my nose & turns me off, the concuction is just too strong for my taste. somewhat makes me feel like vomiting.

however, as it settles, its basenotes calmed me down. kinda like a caring stroke at the back after vomiting.

its good but the midnotes just too strong & sweet.

10th January, 2010

bokaba's avatar

VBJ is a simple, very designer-like scent. Nothing special, no frills. The opening is citric with some lavender and eventually dries down to a sickly sweet musk and artificial leather. This is a decent fragrance on the cheap, but nothing more.

06 October, 2009 (Last Edited: 10th November, 2009)

chamelion's avatar

ok scent fresh and lively but nothin really outstanding is offered here smells like a LOT of other scents on the market but nice priced tho

18 September, 2009 (Last Edited: 07 March, 2010)

Desert's avatar

Netherlands Netherlands

This was one of my first fragrances i purchased. I blind bought this one because it's very cheap. I eventually gave it away after a couple of days, because it was way too synthetic smelling. It's not a bad fragrance and I can understand why people would love this one, but i want more quality.

13 September, 2009

Hartman Design's avatar

I read somewhere where research indicated Baby Boomers are attracted by the smell of baby powder because it stirs comforting memories of their youth. Dollar to a donut that was a big part of the brief for this baby from the House of Versace; the opening is an overwhelming dose of baby powder with a slight floral accord buried in the background. On my skin it remains fairly linear, with the floral elements gaining a bit of strength over time. I never really get much of the complex base notes the scent pyramid suggests -- just Johnson's baby powder with a lavender-scented floral from start to finish. Longevity and sillage both average or slightly below. Inoffensive, but neutral at best in my opinion.

05 August, 2009 (Last Edited: 21st August, 2009)

Grottola's avatar

Blue Jeans, the fragrance that all other 90's fresh scents should bow down to? Well, maybe not.

Blue Jeans is a popular fresh/powdery fragrance that I remember having a bottle of from a young age and wearing into my teen years. Revisiting it today, I find that it is better suited for a teenager only......it's too sweet and awkward for my tastes, like a Joop! fragrance. However, I find even the Joop! fragrances to be better than this - Blue Jeans to me is just too cloying now. I do hold good memories with it, though. Oh, and this fragrance is strictly casual. Also, don't overapply. The right amount and your sillage will be wonderful and you'll get a lot of comments. If you spray on too much, then you and your friends will be gagging. Speaking of Joop!, if you want a better take on Blue Jeans, go for Joop! Jump.

14 May, 2009 (Last Edited: 01st January, 2011)

StefanBlerim's avatar

Serbia Serbia

This is incredibly cheap, with 75ml for about £8.50, but at the end of the day you get what you pay for...

It's a decent Summer scent, has good longevity, but it smells a little too sweet.

Not bad for everyday use after the gym or basketball practice.

16 February, 2009

ryanm's avatar

South Africa South Africa

This would make an absolutely charming gift to a boy as his first cologne. It is sweet, comforting and yet intoxicating, with anise reminding me a little of Lolita Lempicka.

On a mature man, I'm a little less positive. In strictly limited quantities, it could work well - otherwise it WILL become cloying very quickly.

18 December, 2008

SmellyNinja's avatar

I get what they're trying to do, but just too much floral for me. Overly sweet and feminine.

12 November, 2008 (Last Edited: 25 January, 2011)

eRL00p's avatar

i bought this fragrance randomly on vacation. I like it at first, but i grow tired of it everytime i wear it. its a very full consistent scent. at first it has a lemon zest to it, which wears away within the first hour leaving a dressed up scent to stay.

The name fits it well, because i envision a man wearing it on a friday or saturday night wearing an unbuttoned dress shirt with stubble on his face.ie: not cleanshaven = not the pretty boy i am~ its a very inbetween scent, where i feel like i should wear when i want to have fun on the town, yet something about it makes me wear it when its movie night at the homestead.

it seems like something is off. this is more of the i dont care scent- the >im going to make something happen scent< yet it fails to be the arrogant scent i could wear everyday. i have purple label for that.

its nice but at the same time its overpowering because of how consistent it is with its longevity.

nice but not what im looking for- i suppose it could be a nice everyday office scent though- show your more than just work, yet not all about the play.

14 December, 2007

BoomBoomBoom's avatar

Really mixed feelings about this one. On one hand, it smells nice at first; quite sweet, but not offensively so, chinese notes but not too many. Yet it's not something I would personally want to wear all day; I can't put my finger on exactly why. Perhaps the sweet and Chinese notes grow cloying after a while. Maybe this is one for the younger user? Hard to judge, to be honest.

07 June, 2007

starbug's avatar

Another one that settles down to vanilla-esque. A little to high street for me.

23 May, 2007

_R$_'s avatar

Not a bad scent at all, just kind of... uninspiring. If you wear this, you'll get compliments, because people will think "Oh, he's wearing cologne, how thoughtful.", but that's not the reason I wear cologne. I wear cologne out of enjoyment, and this one while pleasant isn't interesting in any way. Neutral.
    - Rich

11th February, 2007

youknowwho's avatar

China China

The bottle design is a classic. There is just too much "wood" in it. Anyway girls like the smell.

06 August, 2006

's avatar

synthetic candied tobacco scent.. smells faily cheap, and though inexpensive.. I don't see a real need for it.. Not bad, but nothing special.

08 May, 2006

encarnacion's avatar

Very very good fragance and very different (don't have comparation) but, sadly in my skin disapear in little minutes, sad but true.

12 January, 2006

subzero's avatar

A way too sweet. I prefer something more spicier and fresh

25 December, 2005

incedal's avatar

Bit too strong and sweet for me, but starts of nice, but the drydown is just bad.

11th November, 2005

Uzkalnis's avatar

Yes it IS very much like pipe tobacco with those jammy, fruity tones, but it does not stop it from being distinctly feminine. I fail to make a connection here with the whole jeans thing, but maybe it is just me. Andrius Uzkalnis.

03 October, 2005

MonkeyManMatt's avatar

Sweden Sweden

Reminiscent of Gaultier's Le Male, but possibly even stronger. I really liked Blue Jeans at first with it's potent blend of violet, lavender and a very creamy sandalwood finish. However I started perceiving it as quite cloying (maybe my bottle went bad) and ultimately gave mine away. Held on to the lovely decadent, camp cowboy motif tin can though. A true work of sleazy genius.

10th August, 2005