Neutral Reviews of Blu pour Homme by Bulgari

Find out more about Blu pour Homme by Bulgari in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

silentrich's avatar

Blu is a nice slightly powdery ginger and cardamom fragrance with some woods and musk in the background. I would have liked it more if the musk would have been omitted, but overall it's a pretty nice casual fragrance that doesn't offend.

07th November, 2013

ross_evans's avatar

Smells to my currently uncultured nose like soap powder mixed with talcum powder.
    Not a bad smell, but it did give me a headache after about half an hour.
    Still it shows good longevity on my skin.

11th May, 2011

nezdelacoreé's avatar

South Korea South Korea

My husband received a bottle of this as a gift from one of his students' families, and not being much for fragrance, he let it sit on the shelf in our bedroom until I figured out a use for it. Air-drying our laundry on the rooftop of our apartment, I would generously spray Blu all over the damp clothes on the drying rack to mask the smell of the urban air pollution in Seoul, where the laundry happened to be drying. Imagine my satisfaction when I read Tania Sanchez's review in PERFUMES: THE GUIDE, and realized that I had in fact divined the proper use for Blu: "Somebody has attempted to dress up a laundry-soap musk with gestures of sweet citrus and spice." Clean clothes, 1: Masculine perfumery, 0. Score!

11th May, 2011

blackened's avatar

Spain Spain

Blv has two faces. the start is too soapy to my nose , the best, by far, is the floral stele that remains when you pass around.Great drydown and great sillage.

18th June, 2010

periquito89's avatar

Brazil Brazil

The reviewer "dannyboy" said that the new Allure Homme Blanche Edition has a similar note. Well, I had this feeling just after spray BLV on skin and clothes; at this moment that Bvlgari really remembered that Chanel. There are not lemons in BLV, and there are not anything "soapy" in Allure Edition Blanche, but a sharp character is common between these scents. Well, this scent is a little "soapy", may looks that you just take a shower and kept some smell from that shower. It is a little sharp and fresh at the same time, but it could be very strong (and cloying) if you overapply it. I'm not going to describe it note by note, I'm not so good to do this yet, althought you may see there are ginger there. So, I can say this scent doesn't scream I am here, and I am bad ... but just I am here, and I have personality. Following this thinking, it will never be girly or something like this. But here I think it will really be a matter of chemistry, so try before by.

My brother was wearing this days ago, and I recognize it. Not so excited about, I give it a neutral.

12th August, 2009 (Last Edited: 07th January, 2011)

lex's avatar

very dry soapy smell.doesnt do it for me

15th March, 2009

Bartlebooth's avatar

This was very fresh and intoxicating when first applied, but the dry down really is pretty tame. It could possibly be useful for a pick-me-up, or for a casual gathering where you want that "out of the shower" smell. Minimal sillage and longevity. Hard to imagine purchasing this

14th January, 2009

dacerace's avatar

Well...I was disappointed with the smell...,after starting out with a promising smell soon after applying and just didn't smell of anything special.It quickly dried down to a powdery,soapy smell,although not unpleasent,It just made you smell clean, I suppose,like you had been in the bath and talced yourself down..So I judge with marks out of ten for liking the smell myself, 3/10,how long the smell lasts,3/10,and compiments of others...0/10...It's not awful,it just fails in being anything special...the bottle looks the part...but.It might be ok if you just want that light unnoticeable scent to wear around the office.I will give it a generous neutral for the fact it doesn't smell horrible.

11th November, 2008

FloatingPoint's avatar

Gingery, soapy, and loud. I've smelled worse, but this should have been toned down, and sexed up. My mother likes it, though, so I don't have the heart to give it a thumbs down even though I want to. Good longevity.

09th August, 2008

MFJ's avatar

This is very unlike the usual Bulgari releases for men - most being very clean and fresh. I like the powdery, and gingery approach. Very warm and lasting. Definitely to be applied in moderation, one spray too many and it can be very cloying.

15th July, 2008 (Last Edited: 18th June, 2009)

SirSlarty's avatar

A deep green watered down ginger. Very smooth and goes on nice and is comfortable to wear. I don't like the scent, however. It's a tad too sweet.

17th June, 2008

fusion's avatar

Blu pour Homme is ok nothing special here an average fragrance doesn’t smell bad but doesn’t stand out either longevity is good but try before you buy

06th November, 2007

tvlampboy's avatar

Crisp ginger and musk. Nice, but OH so boring.

Give me Blu Notte with its powdery notes any day of the week. Better yet, give me Fred Hayman's Indigo for a fraction of the price of even Notte.

12th October, 2007

christophercologne's avatar

A nice slightly sweet, fresh fragrance that has been done before many times. Not bad, not great either.

21st May, 2007

Koureas G's avatar

Cyprus Cyprus

Nice gingery, powdery fragrance. Probably the best of Bvlgari but lacks longevity like the rest fragrances of this house.

26th August, 2006

youknowwho's avatar

China China

Too much ginger in it. Fit for winter use.

06th August, 2006

LiveJazz's avatar

This is a good scent. I just don't wear it that much for some reason. It's interesting with its sweet gingery spicy powdery notes, but i just have no overwhelming desire to put it on. It the scent to wear if you want to fade into the background. Plus it doesn't really last.

16th March, 2006

you_show's avatar

its another BLUE scent so um manly and blue not particularly interesting but a safe bet if you were buying for a present and you didnt know the man!

12th October, 2005