Positive Reviews of Blu pour Homme by Bulgari

Unique lovely tobacco and ginger scent. Lasts ages. Definitely a thumbs up.
31st May, 2015

BLV PH is a Modern Elegant fragrance.
Definitely first it surprises You because you think,it would be Very Spicy as not too Spicy.

Ginger&Cardamom in the top notes are Gorgeous.The base is Romantic and is different then most of the BVLGARI colognes,i had or i know.words can clear describe How much i love this cologne.

In my opinion BLV PH is suitable for AUTUMN weather&OFFICE use,Meantime for a determined,Free and independent person.I know Mr Morillas doesent make mistake with products.

SILLAGE?Is quite Good.

LONGEVITY?Is pretty Good on my skin.

13th May, 2015
BLV is one my favorites from the Bvlgari line. To me it smells fresh and clean. The ginger comes in first and the dry down is tobacco with a tinge of musk. It is fantastic for the South Florida heat and the projection is great. Longevity is 7-8 hours on me. I get compliments every time I wear it. Beautiful!
28th April, 2014

A nice clean smell with minimal touch of sweetness that makes it addictive, sensual, elegant and different. Bvlgari One of the few who are not based in the area, and a great success of the house.
10th January, 2013
An unsung classic I think. Bulgari Blu is the perfect extraction of powder into a masculine scent. I think if you wanted to hold up an example of a "powdery" scent, as in that little cloud they brush on the back of your neck with a badger brush at the barber could certainly hold up Bulgari Blu Pour Homme. But it's also highly sophisticated as well. A baby powder for grown-ups. Ooh la la.
01st January, 2013
Not too shabby..!! A fresh showered soapy/powdery fragrance...

Most of the BVLGARI fragrances that I own tend to have a clean, fresh, almost soapy scent. BLV Pour Homme is no different, coming out of the gates with ginger notes then settling down to a cedarwood/juniper fragrance with tobacco as end notes. The blend is similar to some, but offers a uniqueness that belongs to BVLGARI. I like the fragrance... It is easy on the nose.

BVLGARI works hard creating a richness feel with it's fragrances. You notice that immediately with the packaging and the quality (and clarity) of the bottle. Not sure if anyone else notices these things, but I do admire quality design and packaging. BLV has average longevity, projection, and sillage - lasting about 6 hours on my skin and longer on my shirtsleeve. The fragrance offers diversity that permits acceptability for any time of year and occasion.

While I have not received any compliments, i.e. the Wow Factor, I enjoy wearing BLV and it creates confidence while wearing - that is all that really matters, right..?? If you are a BVLGARI fan, BLV should be added to your collection. Will I repurchase when the 1 ounce bottle is depleted - probably not - but it is worth buying to add to your collection and the diversity of fragrances worn. If you can pick it up in the $20-$25 range, definitely jump on it.

All things considered, I give BLV 4.0 stars out of 5. The fragrance is unique enough to give it a shot. Night swimming does the body good...

20th November, 2012
First of all, excuse me. I had posted this review on Bvlgari Pour Homme. Okay, let's go. This perfume was a pleasant surprise. I received a sample of it and I loved the smell, however, bought Azzaro chrome, but regretted it. The sample of BLV was over and I had noticed that I could not do without that perfume scent in my collection. The BLV Pour Homme is a fragrance very sexy, makes me feel powerful, sophisticated, beyond good and evil. I also like him to be discreet and not make "noise." Now, I feel compelled to try every line Blvgari. Hugs.
22nd September, 2011
I absolutely love ginger, particularly when it features in a male fragrance, such as BLV pour Homme.

The ginger was so fizzy in the opening that it fooled me into thinking that lemon also featured in this fragrance. In that sense it does have a very fresh, almost citrusy feel to it, and because of that, I recommend this fragrance for the warmer weather.

I must admit that the fragrance started off quite generic, however before I could yawn, BLV pour Homme developed into something rather woodsy and enticing. There was also a subtle spiciness that I really enjoyed.

This fragrance is sexy without being too bold or offensive. It smells absolutely amazing on a man I must admit. I'm a little wary to try it on my own skin in case it disappoints.

This is yet another pleasant and casual male fragrance from the classic Bvlgari line, who are in my opinion the gods of modern yet simplistic scents.

07th August, 2011
chet31 Show all reviews
Tested this alongside Issey Mayake L'Eau D'Issey PH to see which one I liked better, and on me, they were quite similar. I guess I therefore must give this a thumbs up to be consistent. However, for me, the D'Issey had more longetivity, and wins by a nose.
31st May, 2011
Smells great! I got some awesome compliments on this one! At first I wasnt sure if I liked it, but after a while it grew on me. I really enjoy it now. It smells very unisex to me, but I like the sweet and powdery scent. It lasts about 5 hours on my skin and is a rather light scent. It does not seem to project a lot, but it seems to stay closer to the skin. Anyhow, it is a good fragrance and if you shop around on the internet a bit, you can get it for pretty cheap. I highly recommend it.
27th May, 2011
This is a very pleasant cologne that's perfect for everyday wear; it's been my "default" cologne for several years. It smells fresh and clean, but not in a fruity, ephemeral way. I don't understand why it isn't rated higher. I wouldn't say this is a super sexy cologne to wear on a date, but it does the job of making you smell better than you would without it.
27th May, 2011
Bulgari's tribute to the famous Nivea scent, so good that it stays unchanged for decades. No irony here: it just goes where I'd always liked Nivea to go, adding depth and complexity. Smells familiar, bringing memories, yet it's not the cream; it's a fragrance.
20th May, 2011
Icy opening - invigorating spirit
Warm finishing - luxury impression

Surprisingly, BLV is a good harmony. When you think at the beginning : wow its cool and fresh.. but hey this is boring if this goes on forever.. nah its just like the other light and linear smelling fragrances = you're wrong

At the opening, you'll got the fresh, cool out of the shower feeling IN a masculine way

A moment later, it turned into a luxurious, confident warm aura around the user. Combination notes of Tobacco, gingko, wood, and the musk are incredible. Its warm and mind-relaxing

And of course, I'm getting a lot of compliment and happy faces wherever I go wearing BLV Pour Homme. I love it =)
04th May, 2011

All i get with this one is powdery ginger, in a very, very good way.
I can use this one in the warm weather, cause the ginger make it fresh, and in the cold weather, cause the powdery smell is very confortable to wear.
This scent give me very good vibrations and put a smile in my face. Its like you receive an unexpected compliment for the work that you have finished, or a flower from who you love.
I use it when i wake up cheerful and humorous.
Also, lasts all day with good sillage, without bother anyone. Great for daytime and office wear.
I love this scent.
20th March, 2011
BLV is a fantastic ginger and floral blast with big projection and great longevity. Beautiful, unique, and a huge compliment getter with the ladies. I prefer this though more for a formal or more intimate event, not an everyday wearer but great to have a small bottle in the collection.
28th February, 2010 (last edited: 14th August, 2010)
What a wonderful elegant scent !
I can totally understand why someone would despise it, 'cause yeah it smells actually like an "out of shower" feeling and maybe it's not original enough for some people. But I wanna ask to these people which shower gel smells like that (excepted the BLV one, of course) ?
I'm not experienced enough to smell distinctly the notes alone, but the burst of ginger at beginning is not unpleasant at all to my nose and find it far less sharp than in a lot of other frags. Like said yet, this opening is not really longlasting, about 30min to 1hr, but it's an intense hour that I like very much.
Then it settles down into an incredibly sweet and fresh (but never nauseating) mix of "woody spices" which lasts and lasts forever on my skin, and even more if applied on clothes. I often see some people complaining about the longevity of Bvlgari scents, but I have to say that at least on my skin, they all have a more than average longevity.
The sillage is moderate but always there, perfect for those who dig the light but lingering kind of fragrance.
I remember the 1st time I smelled this one my first thought was "Wow ! That IS what luxury smell" and when I'm wrapped into the woody drydown, I still feel that whenever I'm wearing it. Even though it's a very versatile cologne, I prefer to wear it in spring or summer, because for me it's a really "sunny" scent, I couldn't say why I think that, but maybe it reminds me some suntan lotion. It also has a very sexy factor in it and I guess that girls who like sweet smells on guys would love this one.
If I had to summarize my overall feeling about this scent, it would be : "perfect summer day"
A truly unique masterpiece, simple, elegant, distinctive. You won't smell it so often on other guys, and for me, it's a plus side ;)
17th January, 2010 (last edited: 19th March, 2010)
You smell very clean and fresh, the first 20-30 mins, I don't like it, but just wait for the dry down, you'll be rewarded.
28th September, 2009 (last edited: 10th October, 2009)
It's woody.
And yes, it has that scent of "I've just come out of the shower with that very soapy smell" on the drydown.
It doesn't last long, or maybe it's not strong enough, or maybe it reacts differently on my skin.
Nice smell, nonetheless. You smell clean and fresh, crisp, woody.
11th April, 2009
This scent is clean but a little on the powdery side. The juniper stands out after the drydown. The sandalwood is almost non-existant. A couple of sprays and the scent last all day. Perfect for day or evening in my opinion.
28th January, 2009
hmm on my skin it's very simillar to mugler's cologne - but in my opinion it's better. simple, fresh, soapy scent
17th January, 2009
Smooth and easy to wear - a class act. I love it.
27th August, 2008
zztopp Show all reviews

Blu pour homm (BPH) is probably the most potent of all the Bulgaris and perfumer Albert Morillas has certainly created a somewhat unique and intriguing composition here. The star melding act here is the spicy freshness of ginger married to a sweet tobacco note to create a zingy powdery somewhat earthy accord which will certainly pique noses. However thats not all there is to it .. I also catch something skanky or dirty underpinning this accord ...a covert 'dirty socks' smell (perceptible 3 minutes after the scent is sprayed on), which is probably the gingko (sp?) plant .

The opening half of BPH is the most captivating .. all the aforementioned contrasting notes and accords meld together beautifully to create a complex feast for the nose...and then the scent shuts down. Its as if the Bulgari accountants burst through the doors when the perfumers were getting all excited playing with their perfume organ and said "Enough fun! Lets revert back to the quiet and demure Bulgari signature!". With all the core dynamics extinguished, BPH plunks down to a slightly gingery somewhat powdery aroma which stays close to the skin for the next 3-4 hours. BPH can be unbearable if sprayed on heavy - for best effect, use no more than 2-3 spritzes sprayed from 3-4 inches away to let the scent notes slickly unravel on your skin. I find Versace's The Dreamer to be somewhat similar, but BPHs structure is more stable and its distinctive accord more enjoyable (although The Dreamer exhibits better evolution and sports a louder juniper note).

If you want to wear a Bulgari scent to an Old Greenwich swingers club, Blu pour homme is it.

Rating: 7.5/10
19th June, 2008
I don't quite understand it - blv isn't one of my colognes i'd call signature, but i absolutely love the smell of it on my skin. the problem i have with it is that unless you really put too much on; the cologne sits so closely to your skin that people must be very close to pick it up.
if only it didn't just sit on my skin - otherwise, it's very long lasting 10hours on my skin easily. very pleasant scent, and it's appropriate for any occasion. personally, i love it as a scent for the office.
22nd December, 2007
Its not my favourite scent but i can't live without it- always have one in my closet just in case cos it has a very versatile smell that goes well with any occasion whether its formal, casual or romantic. And yes, it is sweet, but take my word for it, this kind of sweet smells really good on some people.
22nd June, 2007
i totally agree with perfectstranger. i bought it for my husband (i just love drives me crazy), but he's not that impressed by it. he wears it rarely. yes, it is strong, spicy...and i love the tobacco smell in it.
17th January, 2007
A friend of mind told me this is the hottest selling cologne, and most of the buyers are females who buy it for their men. I guess that means girls dig this scent. Personally, I like the smell but it doesn't last very long so I don't use this often. I would most probably wear it on a semi-formal or casual night event, or maybe when I'm on a date.
03rd September, 2006
6JW7 Show all reviews
Russian Federation

Whenever I wear Blu pour homme I feel confident and businesslike. For me, it smells success - especially its delicious drydown of sandalwood and cedar. A lovely scent - even if a bit unsophisticated. It feels to me like a simplified relative of Creed's Himalaya.
Blu is a triffle too harsh for me at the beginning. So I never actually dare to spray it on my skin - I take one drop on my finger by softly pressing the top of the spray, and dot my skin.
14th August, 2006
My first buy before became addicted to heavenly scents out there. This is a very sensual, sexy scent. I wear it for special occasion - a date.
24th April, 2006
BLV by Bulgari is fresh and elegant. just fantastic feelings will wrap you. the Ginger-Tobacco-Musk scaling combination is elegant.
01st March, 2006
Bvlgari Blv it's somewhat sportier, seductive, sexy and fresher than the original Bvlgari Pour Homme. There's a very unique note in this fragrance that I can't place; very mysterious aura that is hard to describe. When it dries down it's slightly powdery but still sensual. The only downside is that it doesn't last too long (some 4-5 hours of lasting power) but this is a truly superior product and have a cool bottle too.
25th January, 2006