Reviews of Boucheron pour Homme by Boucheron

Very powdery granny smelling fragrance. I'd pass on this if I knew in advance it smelled this way. I purchased based on the reviews. I don't like it. I'm not going to give up on it just yet though. I'll try it again this winter. I will update review when I do.

Jaipur is a next level fragrance. If you have to try one from Boucheron, make it Jaipur. You won't regret it.
24th August, 2015
Boucheron fragrances strike me as decidedly European, in that they tend towards spice and floral, rather than the sweet fruit and woods that seems to dominate the American market. Boucheron pH is a good example of a fragrance that while appealing, seems out of place in an American marketplace. Maybe that's why I like it. To my nose BpH is a spicy floral in a masculine old school style. While not a heavy scent, it does stand up on my skin and there's almost an animalistic quality to the opening. The main theme develops into a very nicely balanced spice with a light floral backing. The floral gradually takes over and a powdery sandalwood appears. It's all very masculine and has a classic gentleman feel. Very elegant and unique. Better for a mature man who's looking for something distinguished in a fragrance. Thumbs up.
26th May, 2015
Fresh, clean and sophisticated, a very nice fragrance indeed.
Start with a strong and zesty lemon/lime note reinforced with lemon verbena and some orange that becomes more flowery at the heart, to end in a vetiver/sandalwood drydown with a hint of incense and oakmoss balanced wth some sweetness.
A very complex scent, elegant and masculine, I like it a lot an so does my wife.
Longevity and sillage are better than average without becoming loud and intrusive.
A winner in my book.
04th April, 2015

I got a sample of this from MyPerfumeSamples and gave it a go last night. When trying new fragrances, I like to review their notes on BN and then write my own impressions as I experience the fragrance. I began this process but soon stopped. This fragrance just blew me away with its beauty and uniqueness. Rarely can a fragrance transport me into some imaginary world outside of time and space, but this one achieved it. I imagined a spring day on some sunny hillside in Pennsylvania. I pictured a girl just in the first blush of womanhood frolicking, laughing on the hillside. I imagined the girl and a boy, about her age, in love, but awkward about it. All this from a mere sequence of smells. Remarkable.

After the vision passed, I immediately bought a full bottle online.
04th February, 2015
I first bought Boucheron Pour Homme (EDT) back in the 90's. Now I own the EDP and it is exquisite. I love the citrusy smell of this fragrance. I save it for special occasions but today I wore it to the office. Two, three sprays are enough with the "parfum" version. I find it to be luxurious and elegant. It lasts a long time on me and I love that.

14th November, 2014
Boucheron Pour Homme is another take on the sophisticated male cologne / fougere genre, but there is not much to recommend it over and above comparable fragrances like Cerruti 1881 (which is also even cheaper), let alone classics like Eau Sauvage. It isn't at all unpleasant, with a nice citrus opening and herbal centre and it persists subtly and warmly without over-projection. But, there are simply many better scents of the same genre as this. Boucheron's Jaipur Pour Homme, on the other hand - now, that is something more interesting.
19th September, 2014
I remain agnostic about this one. However, my main memory of this fragrance was an attendant at a perfume counter trying to tell me this was a better scent than Chanel Pour Monsieur, which she insisted was "for old men." (We disagreed). And although I think this does smell "professional," I also thought it smelled like an executive who unfortunately had just soaped-up in the hotel shower, when suddenly the water main broke and he couldn't rinse off. The soapy-detergenty scent was too much for me.

However, "de gustibus non est disputandum." And I'll leave it at that.
19th April, 2014
If you go for Euro-type fragrances, go for this. Very classy. Roughly the same category as 'F' by Ferragamo — that masculine, woody, bit lemony type of scent that my mind insists on equating with the bottom of a hamster cage ;) I know that sounds gross but it's not. Someone said it's ideal for work everyday, but I don't concur; it's a bit too musky for that, not light enough. For me it's definitely an evening fragrance. Oh yeah and someone else said it's horrible, but he just doesn't have any taste ;) One caveat: if you're under 40 you may want to pass on this for now.
12th May, 2013
I was comparing classic colognes and the popular ones for myself. After reading about it and the reviews I decided to purchase this online and I do like this one. Because its fresh, clean and not over powering and living in an urban city I do want to smell clean and fresh. Today, the weather was perfect, started off gray and cool but gradually became warm and sunny. And Boucheron Pour Homme lasted through the entire day (lite smell, clean) only ones who could smell me would be people on the bus, train, elevator, escalator, co-workers, market, waiting for my lunch and the gym. Not bad for a 51 year old.
07th May, 2013
"Smells old". This is true. I'm currently 35, and Boucheron pour Homme is clearly not for me right now. But it's oddly classy, oddly distinguished... note to self: try this again when you turn 50. And only if you're wearing a suit.
04th April, 2013
elegant, woody, sweet and sophisticated. I prefer it over arabian wood by tom ford.
29th March, 2013
Swanky Show all reviews
Boucheron Pour Homme EDT carries the baton passed by Eau Sauvage and Cerutti 1881 - an impressionistic lemon and spice construction that manages to maintain horsepower on hills and curves. Although launched in 1991 it could past muster thirty years earlier. Old guard European manhood personified.
15th March, 2013
I've only recently run out of this and will be buying more in the very near future. One of my all time favourites. Absolutely gorgeous stuff, albeit a bit on the pricey side, but well worth it.
30th January, 2013

Combining elegance, freshness and classic, perfect for day to day office. Its onset is more closely lemon leaves, that the juice of the fruit itself. That initial freshness remains constant but giving way to a bit of spice, flowers and wood. Great fragrance, but not my favorite.
18th January, 2013
This is simply repulsive. I can't think of any good reason why anyone would want to wear this, unless they want to reek of Sunlight dish detergent and disgust.
05th January, 2013
Simply stunningly beautiful construction, to my mind, only matched by Givenchy Insense. BPH almost renders its Dior and Chanel equivalents as boring and uneventful.
01st January, 2013
Absolutely beautiful. I've never encountered one more deeply distinguished as this on a man. Evokes all that is manly/civilised. Feels like Nelson Mandela's fatherly smile. Or maybe some fantasy businessman of compassion, humility and humour. Such man, if you come near me, wear this so I recognise you before I see you.
30th December, 2012
As much I would like to love this fragrance I just don't like that sour lemon vibe that I get from a lot of old fragrance like Yves saint laurent Pour homme , its been sitting on my arsenal and I find it harder and harder to wear it unless that day Im really into a punk mood lol but boucheron jaipur is damn good for those looking for an alternative
12th November, 2012
Tony T Show all reviews
powerhouse for the 30 and up crowd. rich and elegant citrus scent that smells like no other. great lasting scent that reminds you of an early generation. this and jaipur are very much overlooked.
29th October, 2012
This stuff is horrible! Smells like paint thinner.
23rd October, 2012
To me, bears a striking resembelence to AdP Colonia Assoluta. The prominent difference appears to be one of emphasis: AdP is more roundly citrus, whereas Boucheron PH is woodier(?). I dont get any powder on me, but I do see the point made above about overdoing it and ruining the composition. That said, it is not easy to do. I dont get old man off of this at all, so perhaps some have experienced a note in your youth you equate with the scents of your father.

On me, 3 squirts lasts a standard work day. SIllage is between Opium PH and Mugler Cologne, so people will notice but you wont be killing nearby wildlife. Modestly bracing, this is not boring but is also largely inoffensive unless, of course, you overapply. Tastefully masculine, no perception that youre trying to prove something with your scent. The scent is solid or deep, whatever term you prefer: no doubts it is there.

I really enjoy it overall, and think it is FBW.
23rd October, 2012
Citrus, citrus, citrus, some woods, a lot of powder in the base, and more citrus.

Not a bad fragrance. Always gets positive comments when I give it a run. EDP lasts all day but PLEASE don't overdo it, because it's not pleasant in overdose, you'll end-up smelling like a planet-sized bar of lemon and bergamot soap.
14th October, 2012
classy scent got mixed up receptions..anyway powerful sillage and charmy aura!
05th July, 2012
Most days, this smells just over-the-top grandfatherly, sometimes its refreshing bold and almost avant-garde like robust - i have a love/hate relationship with this scent, be sure not to over-spray this you will smell like old lemons left to ferment in an old cask..
22nd May, 2012
"Move aside all you insolent blowhards as here comes a real distinguished gentleman," would say Monsieur Boucheron upon entering a room. Rich lemon, soft powder, flowers with a slight menthol base. Classy. Just go easy on the trigger. If you spray on too much you will undermine the subtle power of this fragrance. I am thirty seven, by the way. And I have no problem wearing this cologne for men. Not boys.
17th April, 2012
Something about this fragrance reminds me of old people - it lies somewhere between my grandmother's wardrobe and a sweet lemon meringue pie with soap sprinkled over it. Don't crucify my for having a bottle of this it was a gift. For the sake of friendship I would not give this to another man.

An older generation may appeal to this but I would not recommend it to anyone younger than 40, wait, make that 50.
09th February, 2012 (last edited: 15th February, 2012)
Ouch! A light spray of the edp on my skin.... what smelled ok on paper turned into a nose/throat burning monster to me. Certainly got lemon rind (maybe some bergamot too?), but in an unpleasant, soapy way. If a chypre has citrus top notes, Boucheron has it in spades, but not in the breezy Florida orange grove kind of way. It certainly has staying power, but after about 6 hours I had to wash it off.... "Out, damnned spot! Out I say!"

My apologies if I offend any who gave this positve reviews, but this is really the first fragrance I just can't handle. It is fascinating however, to see such a wide range of opinions on this one.
14th May, 2011 (last edited: 04th January, 2012)
Just received a bottle from a friend who almost ended it. At first sniff it seemed a strong rich perfume for strong and rich businessmen. At a second try it seemed to me an old stile creation with the unpleasant impression to have smelled too many similar parfumes. But when sprayed on the skin it surprisingly releases beautiful green notes followed by a hint of cream that I liked. Not for me or my husband but not bad.
16th April, 2011
This is pure class and refinement, a very sophisticated aromatic chypre with a delicate floral heart. While the final outcome is smooth and soapy (though structured and classy), the citrusy-green accord of the top notes is so pronounced to anchor undisputably the scent to the most conservative olfactory tradition. This is a formal business distinguished semi-oriental, a sort of soapy lemonade with the texture of woods and the sophistication of flowers. Many have written about the wonderful, herbal, hesperidic initial accord. Actually it's marvellous and long lasting, teleporting us in to a left back glorious age full of optimism and planning quality. It combines all the main citrus (bergamot, lemon, orange, mandarine) together with basil and verbena. The outcome is a spectacular mentholated lemon-orance juice since the top. In the middle phase the citrusy initial blast slightly fades, without disappearing at all in its olfactory citric effects, as directed towards a bouquet of flowers whereof some are rose and jasmine whose sophistication is enhanced by the mild, woody, floral exotic and slightly soapy ylang-ylang aroma. The base is very complex cause is woody (powdery woods), slightly incensey/resinous in its undertone, ambery, musky and rooty with the tobacco (balmy rounded) undertone provided tonka bean. The outcome, while traditional in structure, is full of nuances combining the citrus freshness with the refinement of the sophisticated floral notes and the warmth by a rich woody-soapy base. A giant.
08th February, 2011 (last edited: 09th January, 2014)
This is a loud, astringent and annoying fragrance. It is very strangely mixed, with the fresh and wood notes clashing and competing with each other. If the name Boucheron evokes sophistication, the fragrance betrays its namesake with a weird melange of incongruous elements ostensibly capturing olfactory brilliance. Silly ostentation.
12th January, 2011