Reviews

Negative Reviews of Boucheron pour Homme by Boucheron

This is simply repulsive. I can't think of any good reason why anyone would want to wear this, unless they want to reek of Sunlight dish detergent and disgust.
05th January, 2013
As much I would like to love this fragrance I just don't like that sour lemon vibe that I get from a lot of old fragrance like Yves saint laurent Pour homme , its been sitting on my arsenal and I find it harder and harder to wear it unless that day Im really into a punk mood lol but boucheron jaipur is damn good for those looking for an alternative
12th November, 2012
This stuff is horrible! Smells like paint thinner.
23rd October, 2012

Something about this fragrance reminds me of old people - it lies somewhere between my grandmother's wardrobe and a sweet lemon meringue pie with soap sprinkled over it. Don't crucify my for having a bottle of this it was a gift. For the sake of friendship I would not give this to another man.

An older generation may appeal to this but I would not recommend it to anyone younger than 40, wait, make that 50.
09th February, 2012 (last edited: 15th February, 2012)
Ouch! A light spray of the edp on my skin.... what smelled ok on paper turned into a nose/throat burning monster to me. Certainly got lemon rind (maybe some bergamot too?), but in an unpleasant, soapy way. If a chypre has citrus top notes, Boucheron has it in spades, but not in the breezy Florida orange grove kind of way. It certainly has staying power, but after about 6 hours I had to wash it off.... "Out, damnned spot! Out I say!"

My apologies if I offend any who gave this positve reviews, but this is really the first fragrance I just can't handle. It is fascinating however, to see such a wide range of opinions on this one.
14th May, 2011 (last edited: 04th January, 2012)
This is a loud, astringent and annoying fragrance. It is very strangely mixed, with the fresh and wood notes clashing and competing with each other. If the name Boucheron evokes sophistication, the fragrance betrays its namesake with a weird melange of incongruous elements ostensibly capturing olfactory brilliance. Silly ostentation.
12th January, 2011
I usually enjoy citrusy chypres but there is something staid and musty about BOUCHERON POUR HOMME that reminds me of nursing homes on tight budgets. While the drydown is soft and comforting, the journey is not; there's a lack of counterbalance to the sour-bitter facets. I have sampled the EDT a few times and given it more than a fair shot knowing the respect it gets here on Basenotes but what else can I say? It just didn't work out between us.
02nd October, 2010
shamu1 Show all reviews
Boucheron EDT used to be one of my favorite fragrances. It was the perfect citrus and rose chypre, and I adored it. I used up my bottle years ago and never replenished it, not because I didn't like it anymore but more because there were so many other fragrances I wanted to try.

This review, however, is on the eau de parfum, which I sampled for the first time yesterday. I'm a diehard fan of Boucheron's Jaipur Homme EDP, and also being a big fan of Boucheron PH's eau de toilette, I was very excited to sample the eau de parfum. I went to my local department store to try it out. I picked the tester up from the fragrance counter, eagerly pressed the button on the atomizer and sprayed a teeny spritz onto my unscented skin. What came out of that bottle and sullied my skin, however, was one of the most obnoxious scents ever bottled.

Trust me, the EDT version was one of the most powerful, concentrated fragrances I have ever owned, so just a spritz or two on my chest would last a whole day. There was no need to make this scent more concentrated. This EDP not only magnifies times ten an already incredibly strong scent, but it creates a crass, impenetrable wall of stink that WILL NOT go away. Wearing this heady, obnoxious juice is like being a walking nuclear meltdown.

Stick with the EDT. The EDP is just loud, nauseating and pointless.

MY RATING: 3/10
30th July, 2010
i have to agree with mustangdude. obviously this is made of good, expensive ingredients but, ugh, it makes me smell like an old woman. no cologne i have ever tried makes me shudder more than this stuff. UGH.
24th February, 2010
Think of the most potent, cheap fragrance you've ever smelled. This is what Boucheron smells like for hours. It dries down into a more calm "baby powder" scent after about 8 hours - enough time to find yourself completely alone. This stinker can knock people into and out of comas.
07th December, 2009 (last edited: 12th December, 2009)
It is so disgusting ! I've the eau de parfum and all I can say is : avoid this if you don't wanna smell like an old women. Just one spray one time and it will last on your clothes for 2-3days. i think it is very unisex.
29th October, 2009
New Edit:

I just ordered a new sample prior to investing in a bottle and found that it was nothing like the former review, saved below.

This is just citrus and artemesia -pleasant, light, of no circumstance whatever. Why did they change it from a fabulous scent to a mediocre one???? I am not ordering a bottle.

Former Review:

I have searched for the mix of oils that make up this scent for thirty years. Caswell Massey's original line of hand made potpourris, long out of production, contained one entitled Chrysanthemum and the unique mixture of oils that enriched this potpourri is the identical blend that surfaces in Boucherons Pour Homme. How wonderful to finally find an old friend after all this time.

After a burst of lemon, this subtle, sweet, musky woodsy scent takes over and stays with you for many hours. From the reviews, I realize you either love it or hate it and I love it. I'm ordering a bottle today.
10th March, 2009 (last edited: 07th February, 2014)
yuck!!! i tried three different times to get past the initial lemon chlorox beast that came out of the bottle, i really tried to get down to the middle and basenotes hoping for something better, but alas i failed. this is quite possibly the most noxious thing i have ever had on my skin. on me it smells like i had just taken a bath in industrial strength sanitizer mixed with rotten lemon rinds... it must not smell that great to too many other people either, since i unloaded my 4 oz bottle on ebay and got only ten bucks for it...
Edit... this stuff still sucks
09th January, 2009 (last edited: 21st June, 2009)

Don't wear too much of this...eeckk...just one spray of the EDP is a powdery overdose that will not go away. Great if you like that sort of thing, but it's simply not for me.
22nd August, 2008
I find this very strange: how can I like the linear Lacoste (original)'s lemon and not this (and the awesomely gritty citrus of Habit Rouge)? I find BpH to be way over the top for my taste. All good things comes to those who wait so I stuck with it to the drydown and didn't like anything through there, just one big lemon with flowers. Not me.
01st May, 2008
This one being a very well crafted and well blended classic citrus, has a thick and somewhat soapy scent on my skin. However, it is smells old fashioned to my nose and I don't recommend it to anyone.

I'm myself really interested in classic citrus scents such as: EAU SAVAGE, YSL, ARMANI and etc.
04th August, 2007 (last edited: 24th July, 2012)
incedal Show all reviews
Not bad but not my type, smells like an Aramis type of scent with added citrus, if you like Aramis,Givenchy Gentlemen,YsL PH, you might like this.
04th December, 2005
I can't believe a bottle of lemon pledge cost $70.
07th November, 2005
I cant really say this is a great office scent, despite what the other reviews hint at. Nor would I say it was a great formal dinner scent. It smacks of oranges, and citrus. If you want a more refined version of the citrus grove, try Cartier Declaration. Oddly enough, another jeweller's scent.
24th November, 2003