Positive Reviews of Boucheron pour Homme by Boucheron

Find out more about Boucheron pour Homme by Boucheron in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

RUDOLFO512's avatar

I first bought Boucheron Pour Homme (EDT) back in the 90's. Now I own the EDP and it is exquisite. I love the citrusy smell of this fragrance. I save it for special occasions but today I wore it to the office. Two, three sprays are enough with the "parfum" version. I find it to be luxurious and elegant. It lasts a long time on me and I love that.

14th November, 2014

GuccizBud's avatar

If you go for Euro-type fragrances, go for this. Very classy. Roughly the same category as 'F' by Ferragamo — that masculine, woody, bit lemony type of scent that my mind insists on equating with the bottom of a hamster cage ;) I know that sounds gross but it's not. Someone said it's ideal for work everyday, but I don't concur; it's a bit too musky for that, not light enough. For me it's definitely an evening fragrance. Oh yeah and someone else said it's horrible, but he just doesn't have any taste ;) One caveat: if you're under 40 you may want to pass on this for now.

12th May, 2013

jcdutchy's avatar

I was comparing classic colognes and the popular ones for myself. After reading about it and the reviews I decided to purchase this online and I do like this one. Because its fresh, clean and not over powering and living in an urban city I do want to smell clean and fresh. Today, the weather was perfect, started off gray and cool but gradually became warm and sunny. And Boucheron Pour Homme lasted through the entire day (lite smell, clean) only ones who could smell me would be people on the bus, train, elevator, escalator, co-workers, market, waiting for my lunch and the gym. Not bad for a 51 year old.

07th May, 2013

jabadiba's avatar

elegant, woody, sweet and sophisticated. I prefer it over arabian wood by tom ford.

29th March, 2013

Swanky's avatar

Boucheron Pour Homme EDT carries the baton passed by Eau Sauvage and Cerutti 1881 - an impressionistic lemon and spice construction that manages to maintain horsepower on hills and curves. Although launched in 1991 it could past muster thirty years earlier. Old guard European manhood personified.

15th March, 2013

we44's avatar

I've only recently run out of this and will be buying more in the very near future. One of my all time favourites. Absolutely gorgeous stuff, albeit a bit on the pricey side, but well worth it.

30th January, 2013

0j76's avatar

England England

Simply stunningly beautiful construction, to my mind, only matched by Givenchy Insense. BPH almost renders its Dior and Chanel equivalents as boring and uneventful.

01st January, 2013

bnusr's avatar

Absolutely beautiful. I've never encountered one more deeply distinguished as this on a man. Evokes all that is manly/civilised. Feels like Nelson Mandela's fatherly smile. Or maybe some fantasy businessman of compassion, humility and humour. Such man, if you come near me, wear this so I recognise you before I see you.

30th December, 2012

Tony T's avatar

powerhouse for the 30 and up crowd. rich and elegant citrus scent that smells like no other. great lasting scent that reminds you of an early generation. this and jaipur are very much overlooked.

29th October, 2012

Nihilist's avatar

To me, bears a striking resembelence to AdP Colonia Assoluta. The prominent difference appears to be one of emphasis: AdP is more roundly citrus, whereas Boucheron PH is woodier(?). I dont get any powder on me, but I do see the point made above about overdoing it and ruining the composition. That said, it is not easy to do. I dont get old man off of this at all, so perhaps some have experienced a note in your youth you equate with the scents of your father.

On me, 3 squirts lasts a standard work day. SIllage is between Opium PH and Mugler Cologne, so people will notice but you wont be killing nearby wildlife. Modestly bracing, this is not boring but is also largely inoffensive unless, of course, you overapply. Tastefully masculine, no perception that youre trying to prove something with your scent. The scent is solid or deep, whatever term you prefer: no doubts it is there.

I really enjoy it overall, and think it is FBW.

23rd October, 2012

PeteH's avatar

Citrus, citrus, citrus, some woods, a lot of powder in the base, and more citrus.

Not a bad fragrance. Always gets positive comments when I give it a run. EDP lasts all day but PLEASE don't overdo it, because it's not pleasant in overdose, you'll end-up smelling like a planet-sized bar of lemon and bergamot soap.

14th October, 2012

Francolino's avatar

classy scent got mixed up receptions..anyway powerful sillage and charmy aura!

05th July, 2012

elmatador75's avatar

"Move aside all you insolent blowhards as here comes a real distinguished gentleman," would say Monsieur Boucheron upon entering a room. Rich lemon, soft powder, flowers with a slight menthol base. Classy. Just go easy on the trigger. If you spray on too much you will undermine the subtle power of this fragrance. I am thirty seven, by the way. And I have no problem wearing this cologne for men. Not boys.

17th April, 2012

Darvant's avatar

This is pure class and refinement, a very sophisticated aromatic chypre with a delicate floral heart. While the final outcome is smooth and soapy (though structured and classy), the citrusy-green accord of the top notes is so pronounced to anchor undisputably the scent to the most conservative olfactory tradition. This is a formal business distinguished semi-oriental, a sort of soapy lemonade with the texture of woods and the sophistication of flowers. Many have written about the wonderful, herbal, hesperidic initial accord. Actually it's marvellous and long lasting, teleporting us in to a left back glorious age full of optimism and planning quality. It combines all the main citrus (bergamot, lemon, orange, mandarine) together with basil and verbena. The outcome is a spectacular mentholated lemon-orance juice since the top. In the middle phase the citrusy initial blast slightly fades, without disappearing at all in its olfactory citric effects, as directed towards a bouquet of flowers whereof some are rose and jasmine whose sophistication is enhanced by the mild, woody, floral exotic and slightly soapy ylang-ylang aroma. The base is very complex cause is woody (powdery woods), slightly incensey/resinous in its undertone, ambery, musky and rooty with the tobacco (balmy rounded) undertone provided tonka bean. The outcome, while traditional in structure, is full of nuances combining the citrus freshness with the refinement of the sophisticated floral notes and the warmth by a rich woody-soapy base. A giant.

08th February, 2011 (Last Edited: 09th January, 2014)

SirScent's avatar

Sorry to disagree with the "old lady' comments but I think this is a mature fragrance that suits itself for formal affair. It does take a study in appreciation to realize this is not a one-dimensional fragrance and is definitely a classic of it's own.
    The lemon-citrus is light and yet masculine with nice longevity. I do understand that younger generations may deem this inappropriate with all the sweet and watery concoctions on the market at their disposal. However, this is a gentleman's cologne and one that deserves to be seriously considered when shopping for a formal fragrance.

06th January, 2011

MCTAKE5's avatar

No lengthy breakdown of Boucheron, frankly, it’s not necessary. Simply stated, an excellent cologne. Complements keep coming for this clasic fragrance. As with Jaipur, dry down is balanced with great projection. Boucheron is a must have for any man looking to stand out.

26th July, 2010

conehead's avatar

Classy, refined citrus Chypre with some flowery and powdery touches as well. Very bright opening, lemony but also herbal/verbena. Also, for me, the longest-lasting citrus notes of any of the bright chypres I've tried. I've owned the EDP and the EDT of this, over the years. The EDP is longer-lasting, but there's also a very pronounced rose note, to me, that is very faint in the EDT. I currently have the EDT, and will stick with that.
    Compared to classics like Eau Sauvage or YSL PH, Boucheron lacks anything animalistic or "dirty," and it strikes me as much richer, overall.

A definite winner, and a staple in my stable.

03rd February, 2010

bokaba's avatar

BpH is a nice solid 90s citrus with a rose accord that gives it an Edwardian flair as well as some indolic jasmine and oakmoss that give it a touch of midcentury Roudnitska masterpiece. Boucheron is a quality fragrance that blends the lines between the turn of the century, midcentury art deco, as well as modern designer. A solid fragrance altogether, but the sillage and longevity are poor at least in the EdT version. Buy it if you can!

17th October, 2009 (Last Edited: 10th November, 2009)

cee-go's avatar

Slovakia Slovakia

very classy, musculine "old school" piece, with great longevity. first minutes is very strong with citrusy accords, later on comes to nice warm woody-floral accords and at the end converts to nicest vetivery-moss phase.

11th August, 2009

StylinLA's avatar

I got talked into this scent because a woman I was wild about said it was her favorite. Among the other brands in its price range it is indeed one of the most elegant and sophisticated - nearly to a fault. Felt dark and heavy, pretty strong as I recall. To me, it's at complete odds with anything other than a suit and tie.

Not a good scent for a younger man; I think it would seem way too pretentious on anyone under about 35 or so. Just picked up a new bottle. Feels like my version of Blenheim Bouquet with some longevity.

09th August, 2009 (Last Edited: 04th December, 2009)

Elgar Place's avatar

I received a sample of BpH a few years ago and it was love at first spray!

As djolney said, this is "Sophistication in a bottle." The fragrance exudes a warm, floral glow that is masculine, yet refined and romantic. Defnitely not for the teen set, yet BpH is not stuffy or old fashioned.

Boucheron pour Homme and Boucheron Jaipur are among finest fragrances a man can wear.

12th March, 2009

Johannes's avatar

Norway Norway

Soapy clean citrus with an intriguing, medicinal and bitter sting in the tail. Has a strong, formal presence with a sort of dry masculinity about it.

12th October, 2008 (Last Edited: 31st July, 2012)

andyman32's avatar

Ooh, it IS fascinating and involved. Very early it impresses as, yes, a known fragrance, an Old Spice. A fragrance one would expect to smell in the clubhouse or the elevator on the way up to the law firm with a company with only 60+ year old attorneys... but there IS a deeper level to it! I'll admit the lemon thread is a bit chemical, I've enjoyed FAR more soft, natural lemon zest in other fragrances. But the lemon is vertical, it starts early and stays around for the matinee. It's spicy but cool, comfortable and impeccably fresh without the tired "aqua" cliche. It's not Cool Water, it's much more mature, without being geriatric. The drydown is brilliant. Lemon is prominent and surprisingly persistent, with cedar and moss. It's vibrant and zesty without being too sprightly; the mildly spicy edge keeps it regal and proper. Silage is excellent. This will be perfect for business-formal occasions and going out to a nice restaurant with friends.

04th September, 2008

rodent's avatar

France France

A fascinating, multi-faceted masterwork, Boucheron PH is a puzzling beast, and watching the reactions it elicits and trying to deconstruct them is fascinating. Is it really a "formal" scent for "over-40" people? Why?

Like many great scents, BPH is timeless. Its concentrated citrus blast is heavily reminiscent of other 60s and 70s citrus screamers like Monsieur Balmain and YSL Pour Home -- both in its philosophy and its execution, although the Boucheron's soapy verbana-laced tones distinguish it from its citrusy brethren. Its aromatic and woody progression is simply wonderful - a cool, velvety journey that just smells great. And it is VERY powerful. The EDP that I own requires only a couple of split-second sprays to make a difference -- and one that lasts the whole day. In spirit (and uncompromising quality level), BPH is almost more Chanel than recent Chanel scents.

I strongly suspect that it is BPH's classic construction, and its elegant, stodgy and almost architectural packaging, that cause most people to think of this as an older person's scent for formal occasions. But you'd be doing yourself a disservice if you pass this one by for those reasons. That said -- if you do like relentlessly modern fruity and gourmandy scents, move along, as this one is the antithesis of that category.

31st August, 2008

Landrik's avatar

i have to agree with bamacharm! not for clubbing neither for the young crowd! loved the female version on my mother and decided to buy one for myself! boy it was just the thing but it does get boring if you use for a while...better save it for special occasion...:)

26th August, 2008

djolney's avatar

Sophistication in a bottle.

I had read the reviews of BpH before ordering my bottle of EDP, and couldn’t imagine how the initial blast of lemon could be so out of control.

For the first half hour the blast of lemon was completely out of control.

And then a wonderful thing happened: the lemon toned down, and the rich complexity of the rest of the fragrance stepped up.

What I am left with is the softest and most refined fragrance I have ever smelled.

For me, at least, BpH is too elegant for daily wear, but I’m glad I have it here to wear for future formal occasions.

* Several Months Later *

I am now addicted to the lemon/verbena and wear BpH whenever I feel like it.

BpH is surprisingly good for hot summer days here in Australia.

09th July, 2008 (Last Edited: 02nd September, 2009)

bamacharm's avatar

This is my numero uno. This is not a clubbing scent nor will it be a top choice of the college & younger crowd. This is, however, sophistication and class in a bottle. Boucheron does not knock anyone over but lures them closer, especially the ladies. The light floral tones are extremely well done. One reviewer called it "old fashioned". I can't see it. To me, it is more in line with the fresh scents of today.

23rd April, 2008

schumi's avatar

Romania Romania

Boucheron is one of my favourite perfume designers. With Jaipur being the masterpiece of the oriental scents, I had great expectations for this one. I wasn't disappointed, but because it was such different from Jaipur, I realized that I'm not going to wear it at this age. It's very mature and masculine, and also very, very elegant and sophisticated. It is in the same category as other rich and complex classics, such as Armani pour Homme or Chanel pour Monsieur.

11th January, 2008

camaron's avatar

Fascinating. After the lemony start, I kept wondering at the floral (?) tones underneath.

06th December, 2007

renperd's avatar

South Africa South Africa

Biting, bitter citrus top, woods base, classy, strong, no-nonsense, high quality, natural, lasting, some perfumey topnotes, sophisticated, business like, hardcore style, all seasons. On me, quite wearable, but only just and not more than once a month.

01st November, 2007