Reviews

Negative Reviews of Chèvrefeuille Original by Creed

I recall the smell of the honeysuckle bushes that covered the slope leading down to the parking lot at my elementary school. Unless they meant for this to smell like the leaves or stems of honeysuckle, and not the flowers, it's a complete misnomer. The very top notes are OK, with restrained florals over a very sharp green, but it doesn't take long for a bitter minty lime monster to creep in and ruin the party. This stage is heady and dark, burning my sinuses with a bitter chemical green. Fortunately this starts to disappear after a while and the florals make their cautious return over a slight rotted wood note. I remember this taking a lot longer on previous testings of CO, though, which caused the burning sensation to last longer. In the end, it's not a bad semi-floral unisex green scent, but there's a slight sulfurous edge. Plus, my nose is already super fatigued just from smelling those top and mid notes to write this review. Fortunately, the urinal cake note in the far drydown was still not lost on me.
26th September, 2011
Reminds me a bit of Fleur Du Male but the honeysuckle is cleaner. However, this is a clearly feminine floral scent that I'm not having any of.
17th July, 2010
It must be my skin but this fragrance has a rubber balloon type of smell that I cannot shake off. I cannot co sign this.
24th April, 2010 (last edited: 20th May, 2010)