Negative Reviews of cK be by Calvin Klein

Find out more about cK be by Calvin Klein in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

PerfumeCollector's avatar

Remember the Hefty Bag's ad about 20 years ago??

"Wimpy, wimpy, wimpy",

that's what this fragrance is all about. doesn't last but a couple of hours, sillage is minimal, and the scent is nothing to write home about either.
    White Musk by The Body Shop does a much better job on the same idea, and it is cheaper.
    What a disappointment

30th March, 2013

OnLyTNT's avatar

I have a bottle of lavender cologne (500 ml for 5 bucks). Whenever I put this on, my sister notices immediately and compliments it.

When I put cK be on, it fades away in a few minutes o.O. There is no projection and longevity on me and nothing special about this smell. C'mon, seriously!

31st January, 2012 (Last Edited: 03rd February, 2012)

JubliantUvula's avatar

This smelled great on a tester and continued to smell great on the tester. This smelled terrible on me and continues to smell terrible on me. I tend to like CK so I tried it fast, but found I couldn't get it off of me fast ENOUGH!Started as a pretty good balanced Floral/ Musk, Immediatly dried down to a woody/ musk and stayed there for the remainder of 3hrs. It smells like cardboard on me. I liked Excape much better!

05th April, 2011

Ivy Mansion's avatar

I got this as a gift. I tried it and almost instantly i thought "is this for guys". It's unisex. I gave it two stars out of five because it smells cheap, overly floral for a guy to wear and not very complex. I gave this to my brother. Nice looking bottle though. I could see myself using it as an air freshener (which it really does smell like) but never again as a scent for me. There are far better floral and green scents out there. This is just too simple and floral for my personal tastes.

27th July, 2010

damageinc's avatar

Ok, so I have been procrastinating on doing a review and now I'm fire up and I'm ready. This cologne smells very good. I would almost go as far as saying that this could be my signature scent, but there is a major problem with this cologne. It doesn't last more than 60-90 minutes. I don't think I have tried any cologne with a little staying power as this one. It also does not project well at all. It is like it should be used as a very nice smelling bathroom spray, because the top notes drop in ten minutes. Some people may argue that they can get several hours out of it, and to them I say "stop walking around with your wrist shoved up your nose".

03rd May, 2010

chamelion's avatar

cloying synthetic mess that does not last more than 2 hours definately a gimmick and played out

29th September, 2009

purplebird7's avatar

I smell mostly incense, or something that approximates it, which is a bit harsh and somewhat orangey, like olibanum. And it grows faint pretty soon. I liked CK One so much better.

21st May, 2008

syidi_radzi's avatar

Smells like leather... latex.... rubber

06th May, 2006 (Last Edited: 23rd May, 2008)

IPaidForThisName's avatar

I don’t know if it’s from some many people wearing it, but CK Be is what I think of when I hear the words generic cologne. This is a unisex offering from CK, and it’s gotten so ubiquitous that it’s now one of the easiest fragrances to identify. It’s mostly a citrus fragrance on a not so warn pseudo oriental base. Not something I like.

22nd September, 2005

rapture2's avatar

My first and only CK scent. I recieved this one as a gift from a relative. Before even looking it up to see that is is a unisex scent I had already made that assumption. Very light, very sweet and a touch of floral. Just not to my tastes at all.

09th August, 2005