Negative Reviews of Derby by Guerlain

Gary F Show all reviews

Bought a sample of this and had high expectations - loving other Guerlain's as I do. This is one I didn't have strong feelings about either way. I didn't dislike it, but I didn't enjoy it enough to pay the high price (or honestly any price) to get the bottle. It is very well blended and balanced, but I was bored by it.

Pros: Leather is nicely balanced
Cons: Interesting but Ultimately Bland

20th June, 2013
Let me preface this by saying that I ordered a Reissue sample online that is most likely genuine, but it could be a fake (though I doubt it). This stuff is indistinguishable from dime-store Stetson! It reminds me of something my grandma would have bought me for $10 on my 14th birthday. I won't go into the details of the scent - others have done a good job on this below. I will, however, strongly recommend that you save your money for something with a little more depth and class.
03rd February, 2012
Dr Mu Show all reviews
This is a scent that definitely speaks of a specific time and place. The time is about 7 o'clock of a Sunday morning in early summer. The place is outside the back door of Yates's Wine Lodge in central Nottingham. Maybe there's a Yates's in the centre of Derby as well?
24th July, 2008