Reviews of Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme by Dolce & Gabbana

Salutation.

A beautiful rich.classic and elegant.i adore this scent.the best D&G fragrance in my collecion and i think everyone can use type fragrance in their collection.

I love this cologne from the start to the end specially middle and base notes.D&G is a different from the aromatic fougere for me.

I always feel a great when i wear this.it remindes me of a special autumn night!in my opinion you must this scent with your inner world,not just to sniff it with your nose.Good sillage and long lasting.

7.75/10
16th May, 2015
Something about this scent makes me sick to my stomach. And I mean beyond the fact that it's about as tepid and pedestrian as they come.

There's a white floral note that seems to have been sharpened over the years, and it's against this shrill backdrop that we're supposed to experience D&G PH unfold. But it's impossible to notice anything beyond the din until the whole thing just up and disappears.

Obviously this hasn't escaped the era of reformulation unscathed, but how D&G gets away with selling this stuff under the same name is preposterous. I'll admit that I never really liked this scent, but the stuff they sell now is so sharp and terribly blended that it basically assaults you for a few minutes until it just goes away.

It should be noted: I have extremely sensitive skin, and this is one of only a handful of fragrances that will instantly irritate it, AND definitely the only mainstream designer fragrance that's done so.
23rd February, 2015
D&GPH was my main office scent for a couple of years and I changed to Eau Savauge when the bottle ran out, but I really liked this and need to buy another bottle to mix back in the weekday rotation before summer. I can't say if the bottle I had was the original German version or the reformulation and will have to experiment with it to determine if I detect anything different.

What I liked best about D&GPH was that it seemed to fit settle and project perfectly on my skin for the office. Nice fragrance that didn't offend or knock anyone out with any heavy notes.

Very classy combination of citrus top notes, and some dry woody, musk and tobacco tones underneath that lasts about 6hrs. I'd be happy to own this one again.

13th February, 2015

I am only familiar with the German version.

A very nice, well blended, refined, versatile fragrance for men. There is a hint of tobacco at the base, alongwith some woods. While perhaps not great, it is still very good. The only complaint is that projection and especially longevity could have been better.

The bottle looks and feels great, the box is even better.
28th January, 2015
I tried D&G's 'Pour Homme' even though I'm not one. After all, many of my favorite perfumes were designed to be used by people of either/any sex so I often try scents that weren't formulated specifically for me.
The present version of D&G's 'Pour Homme' is a nice enough scent. Although the Tangerine may not smell exactly like the real fruit, I prefer it to the many Citrons and Oranges that find their way into men's colognes. I would have liked a little less Tangerine and a little more of the other scents that make up the smooth background of this cologne. The complexity is already there, but it has been overwhelmed by the fruit like a breakfast that is all orange juice and no toast.
I am of two minds about the fresh soapiness in this scent. While it would be nice to know that you smelled as if you had just stepped out of the shower all day long, I wonder about that scent when it combines with the real scent of a human body that has put in a full day's work. I'd prefer to leave a shower with my own neutral scent rather than smelling as if I had forgotten to rinse.
While I won't be adding a bottle of D&G 'Pour Homme ' to my cabinet of scents I can think of colognes for men that are far less pleasant on the nose than this one. Just walk through a shopping mall or a High-school hallway, or pick up a magazine that is designed to appeal to men and your nose will be assailed by a number of scents that make 'Pour Homme' smell very welcome indeed. It gets a positive rating from me because there are far worse scents available for men than this slightly formulaic one.
12th December, 2014
To me this is summer in a bottle. I am personally not a fan of summer perfumes, but this is one of the most well done formulations I have come across and it almost made me a summer perfume wearer. It has a little bit of sun tan lotion, a little bit of the sea breeze, and some sunshine thrown in for good measure. It also manages to avoid being over the top or overbearing in its sillage and lasted for about 3-4 hours on my skin. If you want to remember your vacation in Rome in the middle of December or have an enjoyable summer option, pour homme is definitely the way to go!
13th October, 2014
Thats a classic from the 90's ,full of class with lemon and quite fresh opening that settles down
to a sweeter base with tobacco and some nicely rounded woods!
Excellent stuff.

I dont usually edit or change my statements or reviews, but I have to add here the review for DG PH
2012 version in order to save some peoples MONEY!!!
I am a fan of the original made in Italy DG but lately I received a new bottle 125ml which is made in UK (original)
Watch out guys!!! its reformulated and they have done it in the worst way!
watered down,all this richness of the original tobacco has lost.....in stead you get a fresh lemony top that dries down in some airy woody base that is very light and unable to detect after 2-4 hours...
I am really disappointed thats why I edited my review,to share this with you before you buy your new DG,TEST IT!!! its different and weaker!!!
BOTTOM LINE : ITS A SHAME TO 'FIX' SOMETHING THAT'S NOT BROKEN.
11th October, 2014 (last edited: 26th October, 2014)
I love it, but when I was in hospital and wore it as I was there for 2 months, the English nurses, absolutely hated it and were very vocal about it spraying hospital disinfectant and covering thier noses as they walked past when I sprayed it on. Funny though I left and gave it to the English guy next to me, and they loved it on him. Maybe it doesn't work well on tanned skin and only white skin? I went back to see the geezer I gave it to, and he said they all asked him what it was and bought bottles for their partners. Strange that happened when my mother bought in Chicken curry and they all complained about the smell of curry, the garlic and chillie, however chicken curry was the first thing to be sold out of at meal times and the canteen! Its now the National dish so often the reaction is based on passive aggression and not the article. Sorry this fragrance turns into a social comment, but when has just come out of a coma, after 4 moths and has a shave and bath after that time, and want a beer, food one remembers the reaction of caring staff and I had this fragrance then bought in to say get well soon. Smells can evokes memories.
03rd September, 2014
Classy is classy. I earned a lot of compliments when I was in my 20th
I love it like my signature scent for daily even now that I'm older
05th August, 2014
Genre: Fougère

Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme is a pleasant little find. It goes on smooth and sweet, with honeyed spices and neroli in an accord that’s daringly floral for a modern men’s scent. A generous helping of tonka or vanilla, soft woods, and a strong, pulpy fruit note come into play as the top notes settle. All merge quickly with the sweet spices to build the scent’s foundation. Dolce & Gabbana’s heart is relatively bright, sweet, and more oriental than fougère to my nose. Its surface is smoothed over by a velvety heliotrope and almond accord.

Dolce & Gabbana projects strongly and leaves plenty of sillage, but its soft quality keeps it from smelling overly potent or abrasive, as many of the modern sweet fruity men’s scents can. Nor does it lean on the gourmand chocolate and coffee notes that have come to seem so banal in the wake of A*Men and Le Male. The drydown is all vanilla, velvety woods, and soft musk, still seasoned by the sweet almond richness of heliotrope. I don’t smell any moss in it at all.

If Dolce & Gabbana has a fault, it’s that the fruit note featured so prominently at its heart smells a bit crude and synthetic, though not so much as to suggest a cheap hard candy. Pleasant is the word that I keep coming back to as I wear this scent. It’s not all that original, even rather bland, but it’s easy to like and strikes me as quite versatile. The young men who douse themselves in Axe or pour whole bottles of A*Men over their heads in a misguided effort to attract women could do far worse than switch to this nice little fragrance.
12th June, 2014
dolce & gabbana pour homme is a rather subtle fragrance that does not last long when wearing.
06th January, 2014
cerjr Show all reviews
Inexpensive everyday scent.

This is a well-balanced formula, inoffensive and perfect for daily wear. I have very few complaints on this, but if pressed I'd say if it were slightly less sweet you'd have an even better result. This could be worn at the office without complaints, and is probably good for almost any weather as well. Not much to dislike here, and the barbershop background is a winner.

Pros: Solid scent with little to disapprove of.
Cons: Slightly sweet, and low projection."

10th July, 2013
A Shadow of its former greatness, but still pretty good.

I first discovered Dolce and Gabbana PH in the late 1990s/2000s when I was in college and in my 20s. The monster projection and longevity of the original formulation was a true beast. I wore whenever I went out at night...to the clubs, on dates, at parties. I got massive compliments and positive comments. It was the signature scent of one of the most impressionable times of my life...it captured the last few years of my youth and the transition to adulthood. I wore it when I was dating the woman who would become my wife and even wore it at my wedding.

Then, a few years later, I grew up, landed a "real" job, bought a house, and had a couple of kids. At this point, the loud in-your-face fragrance I wore to the clubs wasn't really appropriate for the office or to family nights out at Peter Piper Pizza. Although when my wife and I would go to Vegas for a quick vacation without the kids, I would douse myself with a quick spray, and I was ready to go.

Just the other day, I bought a bottle online. When I smelled it again, I immediately noticed the reformulation. This was from the 2009/UK formulation (yes, it is 2013 so i was sold old stock, but that's for another post). This new version is a shadow of it's former self. Yes, it does smell similar, yes, the projection is quite a bit less and the longevity is less than half of what it used to be. I was immediately disappointed, but the more I wore wear it,the more at peace I am with it. For me, it retains its essence, but now it's a lot more "safe" to wear to the office or even at a family night out. It has evolved with me, but I am still nostalgic for the memories I used to have.

Am I happy with the reformulations? No, but I am at peace with them. I understand why designers do this sort of thing...to save money, etc. My real gripe with this is that scent is one strongest memories we have, and this is D&G's way of telling me to move on and grow up. I just don't want to!

I suggest they come out with a EdP version of the reformulation to restore it back to its former glory. I know that I would immediately got out and buy a bottle!

Pros: Brings back great memories
Cons: One word: Reformulations!

01st June, 2013

The Ultimate Versatile Fragrance

I think this is a nice scent to have in a collection. It is versatile and can be used in basically any situation. I'd say the only situation that would be hard to pull off is in a club just because its performance isn't that great. I really enjoy Dolce & Gabanna's presentation of the box and bottle as well.

My biggest complaint is the scent itself. It's pretty boring and generic but that doesn't have to be a bad thing if you're looking for a versatile scent.

7.9/10

Pros: 1. Very versatile 2. Affordable designer fragrance 3. Fantastic box and bottle design
Cons: 1. Somewhat generic 2. Slightly below average performance 3. Not complex

01st June, 2013
safe daytime scent

A very safe light aromatic fougere that won't frighten the horses. A light citrus backed up with a hint of gentle anise barbershop. Good for daytime workwear but a bit conservative and unsexy for social occasions

Pretty decent longevity too

Pros: safe purchase
Cons: bit conservative

16th May, 2013
The Greatest perfumes i have ever used.People might say ,it is for the mature people.I must say,it is true.Surely for a hardheaded real man,not for scool going jerks.This one truly lasts very long and so much alluring from begining to end.
14th May, 2013
I loved this fragrance from the first smell. Excellent sprayer.
It can be a bit overwhelming if applied too heavily.
It reminds me of nutmeg and syrup (and cardamom).

If you're going to wear this to work, use it sparingly.
With four sprays, I gassed-out myself in the car and felt I was gassing out others in the elevator almost an hour later.
At the three-hour mark, it really settled and became a lighter, extremely pleasant, manly scent that I enjoyed for the rest of the work day.
This one would be good for church and evening wear for those over the age of thirty.
This one might not be good for hot-weather wear because it has a thick aroma.

My wife likes it.
11th May, 2013
A soapy citrus with nothing outstanding or that sets it apart from the masses of other dept. store citrus fragrances
05th May, 2013
rbaker Show all reviews
Not a bad gentle citrus-start that delvelops in to a lavender-cardamom A cardamom and sage drydown but petering out after about an hour into a woody note with a hint of and iris that remains a bit thin and dull on my skin. After about 1 1/2 hours very little is left. For me not worth the effort and whilst all right overall it is the poor projection and longevity that tilts it towards a negative score. Try first.
31st March, 2013
I was not crazy about this upon first sniff, but after a few wearings I start to get the sweet, almost fruit tobacco feel, and its getting bumped up in my book. I can see why people may not like this. My first impression was that its soapy, and a bit feminine. And there was something offputting about the scent but I now see its appeal and am starting to like it a lot more.

But its definitely a safe scent that is a crowd pleaser so while it may not be a homerun for everybody that wears it, I think people around you will, for the most part, like the scent. Its very mature without being dated. Its classy but retains a bit of the playfulness so it can be a easy all-day fragrance. Its projection and longevity is good enough to be a winter fragrance and its light enough to be worn in the summer. Definitely a classic.
13th March, 2013
I was expecting great things of this fragrence. The first thing that struck me was a rather strong smell of soap. Imperial Leather springs to mind. And it's soap from start to finish. Fairly sweet, not overly masculine and not as much tobacco as I would have liked. It has got moderate longevity. Often it's the unpleasant ones that seem to linger longer.

A bar of Imperial Leather soap will save you a lot of dosh. Not really my bag of spanners.
10th January, 2013
This scent became my signature/daily driver for 2012. I happened upon an unopened bottle for very cheap late last year so i picked it up. Honestly, I like obscure, synthetic scents. CdG oduer series, Costume National, etc... Fragrances that are hard to nail down or on the other end of the spectrum scents that are maybe more single noted but in your face. Yes, I like to smell different, or unique.

D&G pour Homme is not any of these. However I do respect the nose of others so I try to pick a yearly signature based on its pleasantness to others. pour Homme is very traditional, agreeable in my opinion. more restrained but still warrants regular compliments. Its citrus-y top note is a joy to put on after a hot steaming shower. As it wears through the day it continues to make me feel clean if not very slightly sticky sweet. Im a smoker and work outdoors and this has gotten me through most work days this year feeling fresh and pleasant to co-workers. It has also done well with daytime weekend errand running. Maybe it is just utilitarian for me given my habits and needs for a daily wearer. I will not bludgeon you with fancy descriptives, i will only say that it worked for me for a year as a signature without boring me. The other scent i wore a lot of at work was Armani Code, and though agreeable in my opinion, code would bore me silly after a few consecutive wears. To much tonka Bean for to long. D&G pour Homme never got boring for me. I used about 7/8ths of a bottle a 125ml. bottle this year. Yet it still stayed fresh and never a complaint from others.

I plan to quit smoking this year so im going to be heavily revamping my collection over the next few months. Namely getting away from the smokey, tobacco-y scents. So I will be reserving whats left of my D&G for special, nostalgic moments. But I will end by saying that, I have, and others too, very much enjoyed wearing pour Homme this year and I may feel slighty alone as I search for a new signature for 2013.

PS... this was my first review, hope it was helpful.
30th December, 2012
Very solid juice, the best male offering from D&G. Unlike The One this can last for a work day and still be noticeable. Overall, very pleasant smell, albeit somewhat on the soapier side. Strangely, reminds of a soapier, less sweeter and more watery version of La Nuit de L'Homme.
24th November, 2012
Beautiful tobacco Vanille scent and well blended give you that masculinity vibe and a punch of sweetness and definitely a compliment getter
12th November, 2012
I have to say I was impressed with this one. One of the more preferred men's D&G frags. Pepper and cinnamon with a tobacco twist (Very little tobacco). Received quite a few compliments with this one. Definitely one you would want to have in your arsenal. This one will get attention. Don't go heavy on the sprayer.
01st November, 2012 (last edited: 19th November, 2012)
VINTAGE FORMULATION: that's a classic. Great for summer and fall. It has a nice citric open and then turns to a sweet tobacco fume. Average projection and sillage.
25th October, 2012
The promising opening vanishes within 5 minutes and is replaced by a soapy, generic sweetness.
Really not my thing.
12th August, 2012
Very much a product of its time, the height of synthetics as the main theme of compositions. Even the lavender feels synthetic to my nose. None of the notes in the pyramid really strike me as present in this juice. Instead, I get a very petroleum-synthetic apple impression. Very reminiscent of industrial cleaning products in an unpleasant and crude way.
06th August, 2012
I have only tried the current formulation of this, but I like it. The opening is an arid, peppery orange wood that smells crisp and inviting. The heart is warm, light green, and spacious. This is perfect for hot weather, white pants, and boating. If you like those things, try this.

Note - If you've ever tried Salvador Dali's Le Roy Soleil, imagine that formula enrobed with a soft green floral air and slightly better longevity.
11th June, 2012
This review is for the vintage one with the sticker on the bottle and made in Italy as well for the reformulated embossed bottle (made in Germany)!

Amazing fragrance starting with a lemon opening and is accorded by a smooth tobacco accord, lavender and spices! Very fresh and masculine! Longevity is amazing as so is the projection! hard to dislike this fragrance which is a real compliment getter as well. Outstanding and many thumbs up!! Rated 9.5/10

Reformulation as of 2009:

The embossed bottle (reformulation) is less on facets compared to the vintage I am afraid! It is not rubbish but when you have smelled/wore the vintage you see that all has been done better one day! The masculine tobacco accord is almost vanished which makes this more of a uni-sex fragrance with a lemony smell. Longevity and sillage are both way less. I own both and layer them but will never buy the new version again. This version can easily be used in summer though! Rated 7/10
07th April, 2012 (last edited: 08th April, 2012)