Reviews

Reviews of Drakkar by Guy Laroche

Pearl from the past. Lavender centered in one of the classiest possible ways. So sad it Has been discontinued. A wealthier relative is nowadays Sartorial by Penhaligon s, with enhanced complexity however.
07th February, 2014
another gem from the past should not miss in collezzione especially the powerhouse of good silage fan and a fantastic drydown, a citrusy very different, very very good 5/5
31st December, 2012
One of my all time favourites. A friend had a MAGNUM in his bathroom and I always took a dab or two..... or three...!!! I've always wondered who got that magnum when he passed away. It reminds me of fresh-mown hay, sweet, and clean. NOTHING like the very-artificial scent of its « ad-sales replacement, Drakkar NOIR which is OK, pleasant but not what I would wear. NOIR is too cold. Would LOVE to get my hands on a sealed bottle.
02nd January, 2012
Drakkar (1972) is much like Drakkar Noir (1982) minus the extra kicks from Coriander, Juniper and some pine, I find. Although the pyramids made me expect something very different, this smells like the younger(!)brother of DN. I do not get the fresh start with such aplomb as I am used to from DN, or YSL Pour Homme, and also the dry down is mellower than it is with DN, and yet it lasts about the same five hours! I do not know why it reminds me of the tender Old Spice Lime which has been missed for years. I had to buy Drakkar blind as you can imagine with a scent that is so hard to come by nowadays. Even the more am I happy with what I received in perfect condition.
I realize I would have praised DN just the same had it been unknown and hard to get until now!
12th May, 2007