Neutral Reviews of Dune pour Homme by Christian Dior

A very bitter opening that goes woody, musky and spicy. It's not bad, but nothing special.
07th September, 2017
It's not too bad. A lot of fig in this one, if that's your thing. I don't find it to be too memorable for me personally, although I do see Dune fitting in nicely while walking along a beach or boardwalk in the summer. It has a coastal wear quality to it, but missing something; perhaps its subtlety was deliberate, I don’t know.

Plus, Deauville by Michel Germain, My Ocean by Club Med, Declaration L'Eau, et. al. seem to be better scents in the same vein as Dune that does a better job evoking that seaside experience. You decide. ;^>
17th March, 2017
I used and entire bottle of this I got as present long long time ago but never really enjoyed it fully :S
21st May, 2016

rbaker Show all reviews
Fig Galore

A nice orange top note with blackcurrant added merges into somewhat greener areas, mainly into basil. Heroine is present too. Overarching, however, is a strong fig note that dominates. Later in the drydown cedar and a good dose of vanilla add sweetness. Three hours of longevity. Solid but not very exciting.

23rd September, 2013
Mr_B Show all reviews
I owned and wore this from late teens to mid-twenties and loved it. It's really citrusy and was great to wear in the summer. As I've got older it's just seemed too "young" for me so I've left it behind. Ho-hum, c'est la vie.
26th September, 2010
I used two bottles, amounting to 150 ml of this years ago.

I remember it having a very nice refreshing and interesting opening.
I used to carry a small atomizer with me to reapply it, to smell it again, and eventually my clothes would smell for days, but not in a good way. So, there is longevity, but not where it counts for me.

I haven't really tried it again for a long time, maybe now it really does go forever.
26th April, 2010
I really wanted to like this woodsy fragrance, because there's nothing quite similar out there.

Not many will agree with me, but i think this fragrance does kinda have a resemblance with its predecessor Fahrenheit, although they smell very different.
Both have an odd, unique distinct paper-like note to it, like papier macher or like those old fragranced books in which you can smell an illustrated object by rubbing your fingernail over the drawing.

Both can give me a hint of shoe polish...a hint?...Dune actually very obvious, it lacks Fahrenheits sweetness and on my skin it smells like shoe polish from start till finnish, I most definitely agree with GeorgeBernard on this.

It could (have) be(en) a high quality alternative to other quality woodsy scents like Gucci PH and especially Tam Dao, but try before you buy, I have great difficulty getting past the shoe shine association

08th June, 2007
I really wanted to like this one. It smells pleasant. It's nice and dry and versatile, and it smells very natural. But there just isn't much substance there. It's too transparent. When I smell it, I think of a veeeery light shade of green. Almost white, but not quite. It's not one to get excited about. It needs a little more...something. Beef.

So, I give this somewhere between and neutral thumb and a thumbs up, but closer to the neutral. I might even consider buying it for summer, just because I like much more than most light scents.
22nd April, 2007
A nice one , but very boring and not really memorable. For the younger crowd i believe because it doesn't smell "expensive" or "elegant". Very much an everyday scent. I wouldn't wear it because i didnt love it at first sniff. It does have a beachy-sandy quality to it!. The drydown is better.
16th January, 2006
It's not too bad. A lot of fig in this one, if that's your thing. I don't find it to be very special, although I would see Dune fitting in nicely while walking along a beach or boardwalk in the summer. It is coastal in quality, but missing something; perhaps its subtilty was deliberate.
05th October, 2005