Positive Reviews of Dune pour Homme by Christian Dior

Salutation.

A Salute to DIOR style,A Irresistible Experience for all Senses and one of my Father Favorie that I Adore it Too. DUNE is Modern,Summery,Floral, Original,Crisp,Exquisite, Refreshing Yet Classy.

It has a sparkling start with Cassis, Fig Leaf and Basil which Leads to a floral Heart.It finishes with a Great base notes by Vanilla,Sandalwood and Cedar.This Elixir is for a Gentleman who want an Unassuming but Elegant cologne for Day&Night Wearning.

DUNE is Fresh but without Citrus notes That often Characteristic of fresh compositions.Fantastic for SUNNY days and In my opinion is Suitable for All Occasions Especially INTIMATE. Perfect with a Dignified Character.

Sillage?Very Good.

Longevity?It is not So Remarkable on my skin Nonetheless DUNE is a Great Fragrance.

01st July, 2015
Dune pour Homme is for me among the most enigmatic and elusive mainstream fragrances ever made, for how it elaborates a generic “designer” theme in a fascinating way. It should be supposed to be a versatile, clean and “easy” exotic fig-green scent with a soapy-musky base, and it partially is so indeed; actually the smell itself is really simple, totally good and totally wearable. A gentle, graceful, mannered and slightly creamy fig-musk-green scent. But to me, and I admit this may be a totally personal perception, it has something else which makes it completely unique and, well, kind of creepy at the same time. That “creepy” feature is connected to its signature sort of warm, blurred and watery texture, which is due to the use of hedione and musk (ketones, I guess); it feels slightly humid, lactescent and “grey” too, and for some odd reasons it makes me think of some old, faded 8 mm homemade videotape shot in a cloudy, muggy August afternoon lost in the mid-1990s. The “analogic filter” role played by the film grain corresponds to hedione here, which is I think the key of Dune’s magic – a sort of fruity-watery-grey note which gives Dune this sort of damp, plastic, sultry feel.

This together with some more ordinary, decent-quality and undoubtedly “summery” nuances like green notes and fig leaves, produce a really fascinating “summer feel”, but where “summer” means “a summer of your childhood lost in your imagination”. Nothing crisp and realistic, on the contrary a blurry, cozy, faded souvenir. It’s like if the use of hedione and musk here gives the blend a sort of nostalgic and almost hallucinating feel which makes you plunge into your own memories. Grey, sort of humid and sweltering, at the same time “faded” and quiet. Out of all the dozens of similarly synthetic scents I’ve tried and owned, this is the only one which triggers that path of associations, showing how creatively one can make good use of synthetic aromachemicals (assuming there was an intention to be creative, otherwise I guess it’s just bare luck). Anyway, aside from all of that which is maybe just a subjective frenzy of mine, Dune pour Homme is surely a good, clean and cozy greenish-exotic all-rounder with a really respectable quality and a perfect balance of distinction and “safeness”. Nothing groundbreaking and a bit short-lived (as you can expect with these notes) but inexpensively solid.

7,5/10
02nd May, 2015
A must try if you are looking for fragrance which is suit very well in dry and hot climate. I noticed this Dior Dune while worked in Middle east desert and bought it when I back home. The fig note once make me little bit dizzy but it gone after few days later. A must have if you live in equatorial countries. Versatile, pleasant and unique smell.
04th December, 2014

Dry, light, airy... perfect summer fragrance!

As others have mentioned, this is like being at the beach on a hot day. It shines in summer weather, bringing to mind blue skies and hot sand. I would expect this do to especially well in the summer, but would not go for it in cooler months as it is just too light to be noticed at any other time of the year.

Definitely a must if you want something unique and appealing, it is also completely accessible and inoffensive to others. So perfect for wearing around people who don't like the smell of perfume. It's that kind of scent as well.

A brilliant fragrance for hot weather. Well done Dior!
21st November, 2013
The english Patient

Imagine this scenery : Ralph Fiennes in the English Patient movie...Dessert, doubledecker planes and expeditions

Smelled and had a decant of 10 ml of Diors Dune again and after a decade of not wearing it truly still is a great scent.

Im very curious about the sales of this one because is never hear anybody about this fragrance anymore these days.

This scent feels a bit like being in a camel caravan trekking through the dessert feeling thirsty and dreaming of an oase.
Its a dry scent with a great vibe.Its all the way unique.

Pros: Romantic fresh
Cons:

25th August, 2013
I find many of Dior's fragrances odd in a very appealing way and Dune is no different. Centered around fig, it is something of a dry, airy scent with light floral notes that lend a fresh, morning-garden feel. There is also something that reminds me of the beach in Dune--some oceanic quality I can't exactly put my finger on. If Philosykos is the watery, green, quintessential fig fragrance, then Dune is its drier, woodier counterpart. Excellent during the summer months and really an altogether unique fragrance. I wouldn't recommend buying this blind--especially if you haven't smelled fig before. However, Dune is certainly worth trying, and you may find yourself pleasantly surprised by it.

25th February, 2013
A pleasing, summer time scent. However, you must like the fig note in order to appreciate this one. I llike fig so I find that scent to be very good. However, I can see where a person not too keen on fig, would not want to wear. The fig note is prominent. It feels like a drier scent to me but I can pull it off well during the heat. Doesn't project well on me and longevity is not that great. However, it does it job as a summer scent only. I would rate it as a try, if you are hip on fig. Otherwise, move on to something else.
08th July, 2012 (last edited: 18th July, 2012)
Marais Show all reviews
A pleasant light summery scent. Tangerine and fig are quite prominent in the opening and after a few hours it dries down to a sandalwood base, with the fig note just clinging on. I don't get the aquatic associations others mention. My only criticism is that it is a bit underpowered, a creature of its era I suppose. Nonetheless I like the smell (and as fig and tangerine are normally no-go zones for me that is saying something), it is sunny and youthful, but not sickeningly sweet, and you'll be the only one wearing it.
19th May, 2012
Dune is a classy , clean , sophisticated scent... the fig just gives it a sexy exotic aura, women love it !
One of my top 10 fragrances.
22nd December, 2011
Can we talk about fig? Yes, that sweet fruit that nobody really eats. With Dune PH, the perfumer surrounded a subtle fig with violet leaves and greenness. It's an EdC alright, but the bottle says EdT. Still, it smells great in the summer and is head-and-shoulders above all fig-dominant scents. Hard to find but worth it in the end. Uncharacteristically Dior but what can you do?
02nd July, 2011
Write about a fragrance that I think about the ever-changing was a bit hard but if I want to describe it I'd say not much is taken seriously but is worth it to be more attention.

Diptyque's Philosykos one year before this was made. When I compare the two I realize that I have similarities with both. Not only because both are figgy scent, because I inhaled them both enjoy and love them forever in my bag I have smelling them with energy and take charge again.

Dune could be used as unisex such as that for men is good for women too. A unique herbal and spicy smell somewhat sharp and in every season it can be used. Overall I would recommend it daily use and for use in ceremonies and special party choose a different perfume!

Dune is almost perfect and has many positive features but as I said before is deserve more attention has to be it. A special thanks to Monsieur Cresp and Christian Dior to create this effect!
15th February, 2011 (last edited: 16th February, 2011)
Dune Pour Homme is a wonderful fresh fig fragrance that evokes images of sitting by the sea with a clean white shirt on, for me. It smells very youthful and I find it quite accessible for a young person, or for anyone really. I guess you could call it a sleeper hit. But anyway, the longevity for a fragrance of this type is superb and overall if you need a "beach" fragrance, I'd look no further.
10th February, 2011
In advance I apologize for my poor english.

Dune Homme is one of my fav fragrances of all time. Is very pleasant to wear and I receive a lot of compliments from female friends every time they smell it on me. I absolutely love this one.

So I disagree with those who say this fragrance smell like shoe polish. I should interpretate those opinions just as a matter of personal taste or a cultural stereotype based on some products well known commercially in their respective homelands; at least in my country most people would find this fragrance pleasant to smell.

The only thing I dislike from this fragrance is its low longevity; I think that the original Dune have been recently reformulated by Dior compared to older versions, whose fragrance used to be more intense and durable.
12th January, 2011

A delightful soapy and floral. It is clean, fresh and at the same time sweet and warm. Its Oceanic and vegetables tonalities are presented on a vanilla base without comparison with another fragrance market.
Its enormous longevity and very good sillage are excellent data being a relatively fresh and daytime fragrance.
27th October, 2010
One of my favourite fragrances. Fresh, clean, happy, comfortable, elegant and not much massive!!!
12th October, 2010
Very elegant fragrance that afforded me many moments of delight. I appreciate the aroma of fig. Fragrance with a sweet aroma that allows you to have good dreams.A pity not to have great length on my skin.
01st September, 2010
Great stuff. Works great in warm days and gives a fresh / sweet aura.
28th April, 2010
Kaern Show all reviews
I love the green almost figgy opening and the way it moves into a sweet vanilic and woody base. Longevity and sillage are both amazing -- I'll put this rather unfairly underrated fragrance right up there with Dior Homme -- in fact I think I prefer it.
04th March, 2010
A fresh lemony Eau de Toilette,
perfect for teens and beginners.

Dune PH is a youthfull scent
with topnotes, that strangely
enough, dosn't seem to quit.
The instant smell when sprayed
will continue almost unchanged
untill the EdT evaporates..!

Christian Dior never fails.

01st March, 2010 (last edited: 02nd March, 2010)
Rich fragrance, I find this very original and its longevity?...oolala..
An impeccable addition to the wardrobe...for the man who a taste for fine things in life.
29th January, 2010
There's a top note in there that never stops fascinating me. But then there's something so sour it makes my teeth blunt. And this sour, very dry wood type note doesn't give up. How often would one be inclined to wear a scent just for a top note? I'll give it another try in stifling hot weather just to see if there's something else to enjoy, lurking deep inside, hybernating. Thumbs up just for one note and that overall Dune smells less synthetic than some other fresh/marine/ozonic perfumes.
03rd February, 2009
A fresh, sweet, gentle and comfortable scent. Suitable for casual wear, this is a timeless sensual fragrance.
27th October, 2008
A lovely fragrance and one that I am very happy to have in my collection - it never ceases to fascinate me. However, I must admit, it is not one that I wear too often, but it certainly has it place. Viva Dior!
23rd July, 2008
I LOVE THIS STUFF.
I smelled it on one of my buddies and my olfactries wnet bonkers! I sprayed it on and it was instant. It became a must have. I think it is pretty genius how it starts out fresh fig and ends dry fig. I have to sniff the bottle ever so often just to feel good. If you are into exotic scents from like bible times, I tihnk you will like this. It is unlike anything you've smelled.
11th May, 2007
There’s a very refreshing opening with the fig, basil, touch of citrus, and current leaves—quite energizing and clean. It is smooth with some leafy sharpness; it’s figgy green is natural smelling; there is no syrupy sweetness in it and yet it’s not bitter or extremely dry. It lasts beautifully. When I get to the sage and smell a tiny bit of rose in the background, I realize that I am in the middle notes—but the middle is not very different from the top. The base is an excellently done woody accord—more toward the subtle side of the spectrum as are the top and middle. This is not a loud or aggressive fragrance. I enjoy the whole movement, but I was quite surprised by it. I was looking forward to it being somewhat like Dune for Women. It isn’t. Where Dune for Women is complex and Oriental, Dune for men is fresh, clean-green, and woody. Dune for men is an excellent fragrance, and as far as fresh and clean goes, it’s so much more interesting than most of the popular 90’s fresh masculine fragrances. But I prefer the women’s version of Dune—it’s more complex, its variety goes to broader extremes, and it’s better even than this subtle, long lasting, excellent fragrance.
04th March, 2007
This is one of those scents I wouldnt mind making myself reaquainted with. It was never my favourite. But there was something in the drydown. Probably the tonka that I really appreciated. It is not a masterpiece, but it definetly deserves a thumbs up and I definetly recommend that you try it.
benb
19th February, 2007
This reminds me of my childhood, along with Hermes Jardin en Mediterranee due to their fig notes. I grew up climbing fig trees on the Mediterranean and thus have to love this scent. Wish it was a wee bit stronger as it fades quickly and is really a summer scent. Is fresh and woody and high quality but I wish it was just a bit more special.
19th December, 2006
This is an awesome fragrance. I agree it does not last too much, but it is so natural, so subtle, yet sensual. I perceive that it is a viable alternative to Acqua di Gio and other fresh-aquatic scents that are so popular. You can wear it whenever you wish,wherever you wish. By the way, girls love it!
07th September, 2006
Very distinctive and original. The scent is fresh but not that typical male zesty citrus fresh. Warm, subtle, and powdery as well. Longevity is excellent.
06th May, 2006 (last edited: 19th July, 2008)
this is a lovely classicla fragrance which gets compliments from other guys instead of women..which is fine but i dont really wear it for the boys..nonetheless it really has a luch soft top note which slowly develops its deeper woody tones..a modern classic
21st March, 2006