Neutral Reviews of Eau de Rochas Homme by Rochas

Find out more about Eau de Rochas Homme by Rochas in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

funhuntr's avatar
    funhuntr
    Philippine Philippine

Eau de Rochas Pour Homme first edition

Luckily I got a Eau de Rochas Pour Homme (vintage? it's from '93! well, pre-formulation at least) on retail, which is sort of a miracle in itself, purchased it primarily because of the raves here on BN and citrus scents are a good fit for the tropics where I'm from. Sadly the hunt and the joy of purchase was a greater high than the frag itself. Citrus yes, but it's also rather bitter and green to me, heavier than I expected, and it does carry a note that makes it feel rather dated (it's from '93 but it feels older than that). Also, there's something in it that rather feels haunting and stale (and no, I don't think I got a bad bottle). It does get a few plus points from me for being distinctive. Will the "vintage" (still can't get over this tag) Eau de Rochas Pour Homme be able to exist in today's aquatic and gourmand-sickeningly sweet frag market? Definitely not. Still a good purchase, but for me, I'm feelin' it for the sake of owning it. For now. Hopefully my nose turns around and gains a better appreciation of it in time (it better, I only have a 50ml!)

21st October, 2013

charger's avatar
    charger

I ordered a sample of this when getting other decants from PC as I was on a quest for fresh and clean summer scents. Right off the bat it reminded me of Swiss Army classic EdT which I like. It's got a nice citrus and soap opening that is just what I was looking for in a hot weather frag. But like most of these types of scents, it was very fleeting. I got maybe an hour until it dried down to be a light skin scent. Still nice, still refreshing but just not long lasting enough to warrant a full purchase.

28 January, 2013

rach2jlc's avatar
    rach2jlc

I agree that this one isn't terribly unique or an interesting take on the light, citrus fragrance... but I'm a sucker for citrus and so I can't say it doesn't work. In addition to Eau Sauvage, it also reminds me initially a bit like Hermes Eau d'orange verte. Wearing it won't have anyone saying, "OH, that's Eau de Rochas!" but it also won't have them saying, "You smell terrible." Balanced (the euphemistic word for "generic") and light, it would get a thumbs up if only it had ONE or TWO elements that separated it a little more from the pack.

04 December, 2006

Ken_Russell's avatar
    Ken_Russell
    Romania Romania

Generic commonplace citrus fragrance. Not bad, but the fairly similar Eau Sauvage is more masculine, complex and long lasting. A good choice for the fans of neutral daytime wear, inoffensive and very business-class, very professional, therefore also a little unsurprising, official and cold scent. But the variety of existing, classical and conservative citrus male scent, i think that Armani, Gucci, Faconnable, Paco Rabanne, Dior and others brought a much more creative and complex contribution to this fairly simple formula.

20th April, 2006

IPaidForThisName's avatar
    IPaidForThisName

Eau de Rochas Homme isn’t very interesting or even unique, really. It’s another citrus fragrance that is a little less herbal and a little bit crisper than, say, Eau Sauvage. When it opens it has a slightly bitter citrus rind like accord, and then it dries down to a citrus wood blend. Nothing amazing here, but nothing bad, either.

20th September, 2005