Reviews of Eternity for Men by Calvin Klein

Find out more about Eternity for Men by Calvin Klein in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

argus wishingwell's avatar

Creamy and soapy along these years, yet not an obsolete fragrance. it may have been overused for several years but it is not, for today. I have not smelled something like that. Soapy but not ambery(for example not like prada amber ph), not vetiver like(for example not like tom ford grey vetiver), just a green herbal soap, slightly walking on a rope but not falling down. Sage, basil, lavender and some citrus dominating the sequence, it is a non offending gentle fragrance. Nothing sexy about it ok, but being sexy lies behind very attitude of yourself...

26th June, 2011

blood-orange's avatar

It was very difficult for me to smell this fragrance again. Eternity was once a scent that made me comfortable, happy, dizzy and head over heels in love. However, smelling this fragrance now only makes me sad and nostalgic.

My first love wore Eternity every day. For almost four years and most of my teenage years, Eternity was more than just a cologne.

This cologne is citrusy, fresh, clean and masculine. It's not outright sexy, it's more of a subtle sexy scent. A man that wears Eternity is a man that is kind and someone you can trust.

The blend of citruses with the herbs and flowers are beautiful and comforting. I could spend hours just cuddling up to a man wearing this scent without getting a headache or feeling nauseous.

Many men may be discouraged from buying this because it's so popular, yet I don't think it's popularity should deter them. I don't know of any woman that dislikes this cologne, so it is guaranteed to please.

It's a shame that this fragrance has too many memories connected to it. I would love to be able to enjoy this scent for what it is and not be reminded of the past. But I guess that's the beauty of scent recognition.

27th April, 2011

dallasfan's avatar

This was the first cologne ive smelled and ever since iv'e loved it. Its my signature scent and I'll always have this one. Its innofensive, green, and soapy. Great summer/ spring scent. I'd give it a 8.5/10

20th March, 2011

AnimaSola's avatar

Is this the most popular fragrance for young people ever? For a while that seemed to be the case. It is a semi-attractive scent that was very hyped and exceedingly overrated, especially by department store salespeople on commission. An agreeable, but entirely forgettable olfactory affair.

14th January, 2011

odysseusm's avatar

Green, fresh, vaguely herbal.
    It gets a bit ozonic and thin -- seems to lack depth or any interesting features.
    Strikes me as an attenuated clone of Casswell-Massey's Greenbriar.
    Quickly gets tedious.

31st December, 2010

iheartabadan's avatar

Eternity for men. A fresh fougere with a warm, sandalwood dry-down. Smells like that bada** older cousin who used to get into a lot of trouble with his leather jacket and du Maurier cigarettes, but is now trying to set a good example for the kids.

10th December, 2010

Joel Meeks's avatar

My favorite cologne from my high school/early college years, when I mostly wore Gap, Polo, and A&F. Works anytime, with any outfit. Definitely for the younger crowd.

08th December, 2010

Backstrom19's avatar

I think people do not spend enough time wearing this fragrance. they put it on , smell it, and then think it is awful, and very soapy. When I first bought this I thought the same thing, but he more time you spend wearing this fragrance, it turns into a refreshingly sweet crisp apple scent that is actually alright. DEFINITELY not even close to being one of the best summer fragrances, but the scent itself is actually okay, and slightly unique. I started grabbing for the bottle more and more often, and I realized that there was more to this scent. So if you think you would like a crisp, slightly sweet, warm and refreshing apple scent, give it a try. Longevity and projection are actually pretty good for this fragrance.

17th November, 2010

DerekLorimer's avatar

Eternity for Men was launched in 1989. It is a great classic fragrance and lasts really well. Recommended for every day wear.

13th October, 2010

Mr_B's avatar

This was my first ever fragrance and so I associate it with a younger man (I'm 30). I still think it smells ok but it's not something I'll ever buy again. It's a 'safe' fragrance and so not a classic for me.

26th September, 2010

different-scents's avatar

I don't know what to say about Eternity for Men.

This was one of my first scents. I believe it was actually the first "real" cologne I ever owned as a teenager. I absolutely adored the scent at the time, but it was (is?) so common, that I outgrew it.

You KNOW when someone is wearing Eternity, that's for certain. Just something about it. This stuff really screams out for attention if you're not careful in your application, and it's not good attention when it gets that heavy.

I doubt I could get away with wearing this these days. Perhaps I'll get a tester just for fun and see if it brings me back to high school (as I'm sure it would). It's just a boring, bland scent that seems to be reserved for teenagers.

Oddly enough, though, I've caught my dad with a bottle of Eternity, and he managed to get away with it. Maybe it depends on the person. I'll pass.

16th September, 2010

Redleg's avatar

My first thought when I got it was "Wow, this is the cologne that *everybody* wears." It's got a pleasant enough floral scent with just enough spice to give it an edge. Seems like good to wear to the office; business-like, but not enough to stand out. In my opinion, this is one where it's popularity is actually the biggest strike against it.

22nd July, 2010

iLikeCologne's avatar

This cologne is really good smelling, the bottle is super sexy, but it doesn't last on me, it lasts about 2-4 hours only, and it projects medium low strength. And for the price it is super bad, but because of how amazing it smells and looks, my rating is Neutral.

18th July, 2010

MCTAKE5's avatar

Nice citrus opening then mellows to what I’ll call a seductive scent. I used Eternity exclusively back in the 90’s but spent the last 10 years with other newer, highly rated colognes. On a whim, I purchased a bottle and WOW!! I almost forgot just how incredible this stuff is. It’s back as my number one cologne! This cologne is simply magic. In the past 2 days I’ve received several complements, most from the ladies. Longevity is excellent. Ladies love it! Classic!

10th July, 2010

Trevjim's avatar

Decent clean scent, quite likeable but nothing special, an almost neutral kind of smell, quite fruity.

10th July, 2010

thatsmr2usir's avatar

This is 1 of thee worst colognes I have ever smelt! It must be the basil & sage! Awful ingredients to add with the rest of the pyramid! I never liked this stuff. I wanted to forget all about it, till I was just recently visiting a friend & he had some so I said let me c whats going on with this?! BIG MISTAKE! Some stones should b left unturned!

29th June, 2010

kodafume's avatar

Lemongrass, Lavender and Citronella with a dry down like deep woods Off insect repellent.

I wanted to like this cologne. It was a gift from my wife and we had been exploring different frags. We both liked Obsession and had talked about the other CK frags so she gave me Eternity.

This is my first fourgere so perhaps I am just not a fan of this type of perfume but to my nose this stuff is insect repellent. It burns my nostrils, waters my eyes, and has a bitterness to it not masked by the washsoap hint of lavender.

It smells not so much of the deep woods and a spring day, as it does of camping trips full of mosquitos.

17th June, 2010

Mindphlux's avatar

A classic for sure. I don't know how anyone could argue that this scent is dated. The name is a perfect example of the fragrance. Eternal. This smell brings back a lot of memories from high school. My dad gave me a bottle when I was 14 (this was my first cologne ever) and I loved the smell. I wore it everyday. Girls loved it and guys were jealous. Now that i'm in my mid twenties I probably wouldn't wear this but I sure do like to smell it from time to time to get that dejavu feeling again. Great fragrance.

02nd May, 2010

Jimi Hendrix's avatar

Romania Romania

Eternity for Men by Calvin Klein
    In my opinion, this is a fresh, masculine, minty, citrus, versatile, long lasting, good,
    office, modern, fougere, metallic, musky, oceanic, clean, easy to over do, green,
    average, quite common, spring/summer,underated sexy and unique fragrance.

It starts off with a nice alcohol note, then the alcohol gets mixed with green notes,
    quickly followed by a mandarine note. This fragrance also has oceanic notes.
    It smells like the sea. That's all I feel. I may have a problem with my sense of smell, but that is all, from start to end, except that in the end it has a subtle musk note.
    When the base notes appear, I may feel some woody notes, but I am really not sure about that. Anyway, this feels (almost) the same from start to end.

This green liquid is actually not as common smelling as you might think. In my opinion, this is a unique fragrance. You only need to smell it once carefully and after some time you will still be able to distinguish it. If you walk on a highly crowded streed and someone passes you, then you will still be able to distinguish this. I can't understand how something so common and mass produced can smell unique. It's not the same case with Cool Water. Everybody knows how that smells.
    That's why Eternity might be good as a signature scent.

About the longevity, Eternity has a very good longevity on me, but not always.
    I remember that one day I used this fragrance at 9 AM and still felt it at 10 or 11 PM. I wanted to be sure about that, so I asked my mother if she can still smell it.
    She said "yes". On other occasions, I could not smell it after 6 hours. When I go to the Black Sea, every week, I really enjoy the smell of Eternity mixed with the smell of the sea. It creates a special atmosphere. This lasts an average 8-10 hours on me.
    After 6 hours, it slowly begins to fade out. The "fade-out" takes 6 hours too.
    I never had problems with this fragrance. I know you don't believe me, but it never
    ever gave me a headache. It smelles strong, on some rare occasions, but it still did not gave me a headache. I don't know why.
    The projection is good. I even had some surprises on a few wears, where people said they can feel it from far away. One guy even said that I smell exactly like if I took a shower or something.

This may be the best CK fragrance, in my opinion, but, when you buy it, please, don't expect something very good. You might not like it, so please, don't buy it blind, because they allways have it at ANY perfumery. You should rather expect an average cologne. In any case, this is way better then Acqua di Gio. Also, for the average consumer, I tell you this: If you over apply Eternity, then it is bye bye. You won't like it any more after that experience. I also want to say that Eternity is a cheap fragrance. You can easilly afford it, and you get what you paid for.

How many sprays should you use: 1 or 2 in an interview or meeting, and 3 when you go for a walk or on a trip. The same quantity (3 sprays) can be used on a date.
    Only a hardcore fragrance man should use 4 sprays. So remember: 2 or 3 sprays.
    I said this because Eternity can project like crazy when over done.
    Based on the ratings on basenotes, Eternity by Calvin Klein has:
    43% -> thumbs up
    31% -> neutral
    26% -> negative
    So, overall, this fragrance is something from good to average.

Ratings:
    The Smell: 7 (smells too simple for me)
    Longevity: 8.5 (if all fragrances last this much, then I am very happy)
    Projection: 8 (good projection, but over done it becomes exagerated)
    Originality: 8 (has a unique vibe)
    Price/Quality: 8.5 (great buy, you get what you paid for)
    Impression: 8 (the best CK scent)
    Final rating: 8
    Age group: teenagers and students

That's all, folks !
    Have a great day !

Jimi Hendrix

10th April, 2010

smelling something's avatar

Smells good, but not enough.
    Reminds me some kind of wood, but more sophisticated.
    Doesnt's last much (4-5 hours on me).

Not my fragance, but a good candidate...

WARNING: never, i mean NEVER buy a fragance based exclusively on reviews: EVERYONE HAS A PERSONAL TASTE. YOU HAVE TO SMELL IT BY YOURSELF!!!

03rd April, 2010

Berg's avatar

a strong, synthetic fougere. may be headaching yes i agree. but the more time I tried to spent with this frag, it smelt more beautiful. authentic, unique, monster sillage, nice longevity, and a 'heavenly' dry down. the dry down is what makes this fragrance called "Eternity"

01st April, 2010

Boster's avatar

Just tried this on myself for the first time and it immediately answered the question of what I had smelled so many times long ago that stunk so bad.

Artificial grape candy and a headache. Very strong and permeating. I can only imagine it could be pleasant in faint wafts on a very strong breeze.

21st March, 2010

's avatar

What are you talking about? something you saw in it, i didn't see.
    No Storng, No good last, No Spicy.
    Sweet, light, and something that i think it's sutable for females.

19th March, 2010

DavidBond007's avatar

Maybe it is a bit soapy, but I like it. Nice fresh smell, ladies like it and I cannot stop smelling it. Great for spring/summer/daily wear and work.

17th March, 2010

Jaime N's avatar

Portugal Portugal

This has to be the best all-round fragrance in fragrance history. And the safest. If you don't want to spend more than a 1 minute choosing a perfume, go with this one. Green notes dominate the top - but in a extremely mellow, soapy way - then the sweet woods take it to an even higher level. It has to be one of the most "clean" of all green fragrances I know. It lasts well above the average and the sillage is very, very good. My favourite CK.

P.S: Women go absolutely wild with this stuff!

17th March, 2010

dove1985's avatar

Received this as a gift. Light and "sexy", but synthetic and stuffy. Only frag to ever give me a headache. Good projection, but poor longevity. Rumored to have been changed in recent years: if so, would have liked to smell the original composition. For a very young crowd (high-school to early twenties, if that), but personally wouldn't recommend to anyone. Too strong, too outdated.

10th March, 2010

scentsitivity's avatar

It is interesting to read how many reviewers got a headache from this. I did not. I find it to be clean and green with detergenty feel to it. I think it is better than most Calvin Klein offerings, but that doesn’t say much. A neutral rating from me.

21st February, 2010

micci's avatar

Kenya Kenya

Initial projection can be potent (blame the green botanics...?) so take care. The frag does evolve into a clean descent masculine frag....Quite strong on longevity it's good quality frag in my opinion...generic but ok....give it a try.

27th January, 2010

alekseyaronov's avatar

an excellent cologne, i really like it, and so do others. its pretty old cuz its been around for a long time and alot ofppl know about it so if u wanna stand out you probably wont cuz many ppl know how this cologne smells like. its definitely great.

19th January, 2010

Relent de Chevalerie's avatar

Reading some of its reviews posted here, I guess, in a way, I was lucky to be in a world where the fad inclined towards Drakkar Noir, Lacoste and Polo rather than anything CK did. To give you an idea, not a single person around me was wearing Eternity! The young marginal and bookworm that I was, full of an imagination still untarnished by the rude awakenings of reality, I never paid much attention to trends heralded by the media. It was my thirst for spirituality, strangely, that made me try it. Inspired by its name, I sought a trace of infinity in its accord. When I ran out of it, having yet to live some kind of mystical encounter, I tried to buy another one but… I couldn’t find a single one anywhere I went! Now, looking back, I understand its popularity must have been the reason why.

Out of nostalgia and curiosity, I recently tried it again. I’m surprised I ever managed to not only finish a 15 ml bottle of it but also to go on looking for more! I now can’t do anything but notice how I must have changed!

It opens with strong mandarin and green scents but I fail to get the lavender mentioned in the pyramid. Its middle notes are still green, very green on me; mainly geranium. The ensemble, oddly, is somewhat minty but also very dry. It’s interesting because the memories I had of it were those of a rather sweet fragrance. It might be the fact that I’m aging; changing like grape juice turns into dry wine. If that’s true, I hope my sépage is of quality and has some chances of becoming vintage otherwise, I’m afraid it means I’ll end up bitter like vinegar! If I do turn out to be like this one day, then it’s quite probable I’ll start wearing Eternity again in hopes of passing, at least, for some kind of balsamic vinegar…

All in all, I’d say that it could be a nice fragrance, perhaps especially on a younger skin than mine. It does smell synthetic like the other CK fragrances I’ve tried after Obsession but, then again, for people new to perfumery like I was when I bought my first bottle, it passes unnoticed. To me, it is an interesting scent for its place in my life but on paper and only to reminisce of the past. Not on me anymore. Call me old and grumpy if you want but let’s just say that, the greenhouse effect, I now prefer to leave it to others.

17th January, 2010