Reviews of Eternity for Men by Calvin Klein

Find out more about Eternity for Men by Calvin Klein in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

WavingWheat's avatar
    WavingWheat

Unwearable blend of wax stripper, solvent, and window cleaner. Smells like a migraine in a bottle. Nothing resembling the fantastic sibling, Eternity for Femme. This is the evil twin brother. This is practically, probably, poisonous.

24 November, 2009

D.Sprad's avatar
    D.Sprad

I received this as a gift and had never even gave it a try previously.

I've tried it once or twice, but I fear giving it a full-blown attempt, because the lavender in the opening notes is a bit intimidating.

Although I cannot say this one has gotten a huge amount of my time, the times I have given it a shot had a fairly decent scent.

21st November, 2009

lex's avatar
    lex

eternity's strength is that it can mingle in with almost any setting. very diverse and in the cut. its a soapy scent whose journey included a depiction of the botanical gardens. some masculine attributes kicks in later. another too popular designer frag. in a day, there can easily be more than one person to say "is that eternity that you are wearing?"

19 November, 2009

dickjones's avatar
    dickjones
    Brazil Brazil

Versatility is the name.
    The best Ck I know.

Could be used in many occasions.
    Date, Party,Work...

Green Botanics + Grapefruit

18 November, 2009 (Last Edited: 12 June, 2010)

carlos-uk's avatar
    carlos-uk

I like this one. It's actually a relatively new addition for me but it's kinda nice. Reminds me of the now discontinued Dolce & Gabanna 'By Man' in some ways.

I tended to avoid a lot of the main streamers in the 90's so for me, a lot of these are new territory. This isn't a remarkable, stunning scent but it has got some richness and a kind of sophisticated aspect to it and that's fine by me. Again, if you over apply it's going to piss people off but I think gently sitting in the background, this is perfectly charming. It could be worse. It could be CK1.

29 September, 2009

Bigsly's avatar
    Bigsly

Synthetic green/lavender headache in a bottle. Need one say more? Seriously, this is one of the fragrances that I dislike the most. Because of that I can only provide a brief review (I can only stand it for short periods of time). Corinto Rouge is similar to this, perhaps less green and more "soapy." Eternity scores especially low on naturalness and balance, though I'd guess it has powerful longevity and sillage.

12 September, 2009

Diamondflame's avatar
    Diamondflame
    Singapore Singapore

I believe my housemate from my university days had effectively ruined this one for me. For eternity too I might add. Back in 1994, this short, wannabe-cool guy used to douse himself in CK's Eternity before hitting the clubs and I still remember getting headaches from it. Well, I got hold of a free mini recently and a whiff of it swiftly brought me back to those carefree days of youth. It also triggered the same annoying headache. Anyway I think '90s just called; they wanted their Eternity back.

16 August, 2009 (Last Edited: 11th September, 2009)

GitRDone's avatar
    GitRDone

It starts out smelling kind of bland...dries down smelling kind of bland...is awful on me...gone in an hour. And of course next to no sillage longevity

10th August, 2009

hcr's avatar
    hcr

Spicy, a little strong, classic. First full bottle I ever bought for myself, still have it... Not too strong to wear in any situation really, but don't overdo it. A beginner frag? but still a classic...

30th July, 2009

Bartlebooth's avatar
    Bartlebooth
    Germany Germany

A virtually unwearable fragrance for the first hour, with only a minimal improvement thereafter. An extremely tart, chemical melange greets the wearer, best described as molten plastic garnished with freshly secreted bile. As the intensity recedes it does begin to resemble something usable, but there is nothing on earth that would induce me to try this again.

25 July, 2009

Naxman's avatar
    Naxman

I still love this fragrance, it last all day on me.

27 May, 2009

ThrowingShade's avatar
    ThrowingShade

A classic. I remember when this first came out and you could not find it anywhere for months. My rommie at the time worked in retail and was able to get a few bottles. One night I had a little too much to drink and decided I wanted to spray the ENTIRE bottle on me! Needless to say it took over a week to finally scrub the last of that bottle off! The moral here? I will always love this cologne, it has a smell that can never be replicated. Intense and subdued, laid back but ready.. Love that!

25 May, 2009

ortho123's avatar
    ortho123

A.Grape juice.
    B.Phosphate laden detergent.
    C.Green (as in money making) bug spray.
    D.None of the above.
    E.All of the above.

The answer is E, which stands for Eternity.

It's not that this stuff was everywhere for awhile. It is an intrinsically bad disjointed composition if even only one person wore it.

Wear this if you want to feel weird and foolish.

05 April, 2009

collegestudent's avatar
    collegestudent

This smells like... GRAPE JUICE. YES.

Plus there is completely no trace of it on my skin 3 hours later. There are much better alternatives out there and I would not recommend this, unless you are into smelling like fruit punch. But for some reason women love this, and I do not know why, so I can't give this a thumbs down and I don't completely hate this.

30th January, 2009

classysmell's avatar
    classysmell

This was the first cologne I bought back in 98. I think my tastes have changed since then, but overall I still like this fragrance. The top and mid notes are quite refreshing. The sandalwood is all I can really smell in the bottom notes. A good cologne for younger people. Not really my style anymore, but still it's a good fragrance.

28 January, 2009

charger's avatar
    charger

Ah Eternity. I remember when it came out, I was in high school and everyone wore it, including me. I've sampled it again recently and while it still smells good, it's nothing special. I can't really pick apart the different notes going on. It smells like... well, cologne. I think I smell a little citrus, maybe a bit of vetiver, and some sandalwood.

28 January, 2009

ivan2057's avatar
    ivan2057
    Austria Austria

I wore this one when I was 16.
    Why I can't tell. I guess CK Eternity is as much 90s as Dance music was.
    Today I find it irritatingly metalic and lost between fresh green but still too sweet.
    Unless you're going to a theme costume party ... just don't!

27 January, 2009

mikey_p's avatar
    mikey_p

Boring and totally unremarkable. Hard to think why this was such a bestseller in the '90's. Smells as cheap as chips. Dull dull dull ............

21st January, 2009

Scentaur's avatar
    Scentaur

A classic. Great signature scent. Suited for a mature crowd but I think 15 year-olds can pull this off. Starts kind of soapy, smells synthetic... I prefer its drydown. Average sillage but great longevity.

09 January, 2009

hashmita's avatar
    hashmita
    India India

Long lasting, sexy, blends well with armpit sweat & makes it very sexy when sprayed underarm
    great drydown
    wearer becomes a MAN

31st December, 2008

brianroy's avatar
    brianroy
    Colombia Colombia

I can see why Aqua di Gio is so popular, I understand that Le Male was a hit.
    But why o why did Eternity became a topseller? I can describe it in 2 words: Cloying, Annoying.
    It's sweet in a horrible headache causing way.

06 November, 2008

avfcdamian92's avatar
    avfcdamian92

nice stuff, longetivity weren't too great for me but yeah fresh green fragrance, cant complain.

12 October, 2008

jenson's avatar
    jenson
    India India

fresh green fougere with a metallic note. it may smell common, but as an sotd it displays it's versatility. this one stays green thru out with a musky woody finish. amazn staying power and is a hit with opposite sex. safe buy if you are not very choosy about perfumes.

23 September, 2008

ausamamira's avatar
    ausamamira
    Jordan Jordan

i cant stand this smell .... it is associated with somehting bad to me !!!!! i dont like it at all ....

03 August, 2008 (Last Edited: 05 August, 2009)

Sunsetspawn's avatar
    Sunsetspawn

Eternity is citrusy, woody, and powerful. I've always had a bottle since I was a wee lad , even if it was just a mini. I used to love it, but I suppose I've become so used to it that it doesn't do it for me anymore, and now that I've tried many fragrences in this "genre" I realize that Eternity is only slightly above mediocre. While it gets points for good sillage and staying power, it still just gets a 'thumbs in your eye' from me.

24 July, 2008

Saeid's avatar
    Saeid
    Iran Iran

i used to like it..when i owned it..its not bad but not GREAT.last longer than many other colonges ..the reason i love it is becuase my dad used to waer it alot when i was young so i guess its more than just the smell for me..thats why i stopped wearing it ..

22 July, 2008

jalexhrovat's avatar
    jalexhrovat

This one is a more recent classic and often imitated. I think Curve is almost an exact copy of this one. But yet I have both. No point in describing it, because just about everyone knows how it smells and have experienced the guys who have bathed in it. Longevity and sillage are decent, but if I want to boost them, I wear some of the after shave balm as well...this adds a little more depth to the fragrance.
    Other than this, the fragrance is a synthetic mess that gives most people around me headaches. There is just something about this fragrance that is notorious for giving people headaches....something in it. But I still like it.

19 July, 2008 (Last Edited: 07 July, 2009)

Larry D's avatar
    Larry D

it's not bad... on my skin, it had excellent longevity and projected well, and I was always complimented by women when I wore this. it isn't mind-blowing or complex and sometimes a bit harsh.

09 July, 2008

Hurleybird's avatar
    Hurleybird

Hi all! I've been a lurker for quite a while, so thanks to you all for the great reviews and info. I decided to write my first review and defend Eternity!! Yes, it is a super strong cologne. In my opinion, the key to this one is to use ONE spray. Any more than that and you'll offend others and give yourself a head ache. I rarely smell colognes on myself after about 30 minutes, but I can still smell this one on me 2-3 hours later. And I'm using one spray.

27 June, 2008

MFJ's avatar
    MFJ

A very sweet and minty masculine scent. Very versatile, though I prefer this best for semi-formal or office use. Has great longevity and projection.

24 June, 2008 (Last Edited: 17 June, 2009)