Reviews of Eternity for Men by Calvin Klein

Find out more about Eternity for Men by Calvin Klein in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

goofrider's avatar
    goofrider
    Hong Kong Hong Kong

I used to dislike it when it first came out, maybe it was too floral for my taste then. 10 yrs later I started to like it. Maybe it's because less people wear it (or should I say, overwear as they marinate themselves in it). It's a familiar scent that's more pleasing and calming to me, almost nostalgic. Best to apply lightly as it becomes rather synthetic if overdosed.

10th June, 2008

SirSlarty's avatar
    SirSlarty

Green and unpleasant. I have the opportunity to layer it with a sample of the shower gel. Smells like plastic tar at first, kinda weird but I find that to be a common theme with fougere genre frags I have tried. That scent goes away quickly and turns into a fresh green scent that suits better for a greenhouse than on a human body. A stragne sensation I find with it is that it feels very dry. Does last a good while, though.

26 May, 2008

SexPanther's avatar
    SexPanther

I've been wearing this stuff since high school when I first bought it I loved it, now after I've grown up a little definitely an outdated cologne. My grandma does still like whenever I wear it she says it smells like apples. I couldn't recommend this cologne on a blind buy but it has proven itself over the years so if you're interested get out to the store and snorfle some up your nose and see what your think.

06 May, 2008

Zerby's avatar
    Zerby

This is one of Calvin Klein's BEST colognes. I get this co-worker who would ask me from time to time
    when I'm going to wear this. I'll be buying a lot more
    of this when I run out.

22 April, 2008

AlexanderRex's avatar
    AlexanderRex

Mine is a novice nose, and even though I've owned Eternity for years, I still can't figure it out. Someone else mentioned that the top notes don't 'match' the base notes. I really can't think of a better way to explain Eternity. It's an enigma, and not an entirely pleasant one. I can't see myself buying this scent again.

21st April, 2008

Tony K's avatar
    Tony K

Ok, I know everyone hates this, but I love me some Eternity. This is the smell of High School circa 1988, and I still get it. It is not revolutionary now, but it smells thousands time better than half of the dreck that passes as fragrance now.

14 April, 2008

terry81's avatar
    terry81
    Singapore Singapore

it smells crispy, sharp and strong like some medicated oil. Neither floral nor musky. ...

11th April, 2008

veggie4life's avatar
    veggie4life

recieved this as a present and was tuly vile. Boring, dull classic 80's and 90's

19 January, 2008

veggieforlife's avatar
    veggieforlife

Well this fragrance is in one word common. It belongs on a council estate on the east end of London. Nothing about this fragrance says " Smell Me" but more " this made a desperate attempt to smell nice and failed miserably"

08 January, 2008

mistak's avatar
    mistak

My older brother used to own a bottle of this a few years back. Used to think it smells like heaven, still do, sometimes. I own one of these myself now, there are days when I adore this and days when not so much. Top notes are so fresh and invigourating, dry down is somewhat weak and undefined, yet has decent longevity.. Overall good fragrance.

13 December, 2007

panmg's avatar
    panmg
    India India

Lasts for a couple of hours only (on me). The base notes are sweet and powdery. Also I feel the top notes dont quite 'match' the base notes.

07 December, 2007

Kahuna Cowboy's avatar
    Kahuna Cowboy

Ah the smell of the 90's, it was boring back then too.

It's not a bad cologne, just not a good one either. Women did seem to like it but that back before half the men she has ever dated wore it. Now it is as predictable and boring as Aqua Di Gio, Polo, and Drakkar Noir. Been there done that, time to move on.

02 June, 2007

Bytebuster's avatar
    Bytebuster
    Turkey Turkey

I don't know what it is but eventhough I liked this fragrance, there is something in it that reminds me the scent of the poison that gray/black millipedes create when they are in danger. Because of that I couldn't like this fragrance, but a soon after Joop Nightflight followed the same trend of KC Eternity, then I chosed it. It was much better than Eternity.

02 June, 2007

Schark's avatar
    Schark
    Turkey Turkey

Old fashioned but one of the most masculine scent which i have ever used.
    Long lasting but it does not appeal to all the ladies...

29 May, 2007

Stelios_X_opa's avatar
    Stelios_X_opa

I couldn't imagine ever wearing this. Its a nice scent, but there are such nicer ones out there. I hear alot about this 'one note' that causes nausea and such, and i can most DEFINITELY smell it! The bottle is quite nice! It doesn't need a top, and like Angel*Men i love that!
    Thumbs..ehh..cant decide.

28 May, 2007

fusion's avatar
    fusion

My high school fragrance loved it then and still love it now a classic such a wonderful scent i still get my compliments with this one women love it young and old

19 May, 2007

abimanyu's avatar
    abimanyu
    Indonesia Indonesia

Gives me a headache,I hate the smell of Eternity for Men. My buddies back in high school,1990,they all wore Eternity for Men and I was stuck in a car with everybody wearing it,makes me gag.Thumbs down.

06 April, 2007

Frank108's avatar
    Frank108

Eternity is an important instance of a "try before you buy fragrance," in my opinion.

There is an ingredient or a combination of ingredients that give Eternity an over the top annoying smell. I as well as others who have reviewed Eternity find this aroma repuslive, even to the point of causing headache and nausea! (In my case just one spritz to one wrist.)

And I will certify it's power and longevity. That one spritz annoys for hours unless you can wash it off. Being cuirous about the power and populality I tried it a couple of times before making my final assessment: It reeks.

I guess it goes to show that exploring fragrances means that a sensitive nose requires a strong stomach.

You have been warned, but if your just starting out, don't stay away just becuase I and others are repelled, obivously other really like this fragrance.

Go figure!

24 March, 2007

mdiegor's avatar
    mdiegor

If I had to choose one fragrance for the rest of my life, it definitely would be Eternity.

Women just love it, and I never get tired of this.

14 March, 2007

Amadaeus's avatar
    Amadaeus
    Scotland Scotland

Perhaps a bit out of fashion these days, which is a good thing imo as fewer men wear it, but women still adore this on a man.

11th February, 2007

ObsessionForMen's avatar
    ObsessionForMen

So easy to wear. An original fougere/masculine floral like no other. Eternity is my day in/day out fragrance. It is apprpriate for all occassions. It is the fragrance that I still get complimented on the most. I've had women comment that it was their favorite fragrance and men ask me what I was wearing. I also like the body products. They are lightly scented and can be used with other fragrances as well. I use daily the deordorant, body moisturizer, shower gel and after shave balm. All that and the classic Pierre Dinard bottle looks beautiful on your bathroom counter. It fits so nicely in your hand. I really like the pour bottle and splash it generously on my torso as it is never overwhelming. A perfect "10" in my book!

16 December, 2006

dubyahjay's avatar
    dubyahjay

Overused and not the most original creation but isn't that the fate of most good smelling, affordable scents these days. A grudging thumbs up but watch the trigger as many have warned.

04 October, 2006

buyers_remorse's avatar
    buyers_remorse

A truely remarkable scent when lauched. Simple Clean fresh. Daytime fragrance that could cross over into the evening. The amount of people who bought this fragrance after you tell them what your waering is a testament to it. But alas overdone now! Like A Men. WOW factor 8

02 October, 2006

RugbyPete's avatar
    RugbyPete

I bought htis cos I liked it. Then I kept wearing it because it got a lot of attention when sprayed specifically on skin (not clothes).
    I'm not sur eif i want more because its getting popular but its definately the widow maker. By that I mean you will leave your wife for a younger women the amount of attention you'll get.
    If you want a different woman a week, or 4 on the go at once, grab this, women love it.

01st October, 2006

tvlampboy's avatar
    tvlampboy

Don't get me wrong -- I don't oppose mass produced fragrances on principle. Nevertheless, this schlock is quintessential mass produced, mass marketed crapola. It's watery and bland and overly sweet -- the beginning, IMHO, of the whole "aquatic, androgynous, utterly boring" trend that we've been seeing on and off for almost two decades now. SNORE.

28 September, 2006

sfsf's avatar
    sfsf

Not crazy about this one, too sugary-flowery. I got this in a sampler of CK colognes once, tried it out for a time. Gave me a bit of a headache every time I wore it. I don't even think it would be good for females.

16 August, 2006

alderhill's avatar
    alderhill

This was the first "real" cologne I ever bought. I went into the cologne counter of a department store, looking for something to wear for my then-girlfriend and I's first anniversary. She always hinted how she liked colognes, and the idea was something I was open to anyway... but we broke up a few weeks later, before she ever got the chance to smell it on me. Too bad for her!

A very helpful attendant at the counter turned me onto this. I hadn't given much thought to a CK scent, so I was quite reluctant at first... I had (for some reason) picked Givenchy's Pi as the scent I wanted. Thankfully, I didn't bother...

After sampling several different colognes, it was Eternity I kept coming back to smell on my forearm, and I knew I had to buy it.

One definately has to be careful with wearing this though. 2-3 spritzes should be sufficient. It can also be quite strong without you realizing it, as when your nose becomes too accustomed to it. I'll also confess that sometimes it can give me headaches. Don't overdo it!

In rainy or cold weather I find it takes on a sour, unpleasant smell. But for dry summer days (or warmer days in spring/autumn), I find a bit of heat does a wonderful job of "burning" away the somewhat cloying earlier notes, and the drydown has a "just-right" sweetness and freshness that I find very comforting. I've received a fair number compliments too. It doesn't seem too too common in my area (Toronto). I've only ever smelled it a couple times on other people.

I bought my first bottle about a year ago, with only a third left now. I may not immediately replace it when it runs out, but this scent will likely always have a place in my cologne drawer. I recommend it, but as always, try it out first.

26 May, 2006

Ken_Russell's avatar
    Ken_Russell
    Romania Romania

The only fragrance by Calvin Klein i truly enjoy. I just love the mandarine and other citrus notes which create a very serene, pure and stylish atmosphere. Clean-cut tour de force, before Klein started creating many disturbing " modern" fragrances which led the concept of modernity on unbearable experimental ( or rather failed experiments) levels.

21st April, 2006

NaturalBornThrilla's avatar
    NaturalBornThrilla
    Abu Dhabi Abu Dhabi

I don't really like this one but everytime I wear it I get nothing but complaments from almost every woman I come into contact with...Seems to be a real pleaser to the oposite sex and for that reason alone I'm giving it a thumbs up and the only reason I will continue to wear it!!!!!!!CHICKS DIG IT BROTHER!!!!

23 March, 2006

knightstorme's avatar
    knightstorme

I never thought about wearing this cologne until about a year ago when I got it for Xmas. I was kind of scared to try it. I got a lot of compliments on it. On the ladies love scale from 1-10 I give it a 8.2

23 March, 2006