Reviews of Eternity for Men by Calvin Klein

Find out more about Eternity for Men by Calvin Klein in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

Hurleybird's avatar

Hi all! I've been a lurker for quite a while, so thanks to you all for the great reviews and info. I decided to write my first review and defend Eternity!! Yes, it is a super strong cologne. In my opinion, the key to this one is to use ONE spray. Any more than that and you'll offend others and give yourself a head ache. I rarely smell colognes on myself after about 30 minutes, but I can still smell this one on me 2-3 hours later. And I'm using one spray.

27th June, 2008

MFJ's avatar

A very sweet and minty masculine scent. Very versatile, though I prefer this best for semi-formal or office use. Has great longevity and projection.

24th June, 2008 (Last Edited: 17th June, 2009)

goofrider's avatar

Hong Kong Hong Kong

I used to dislike it when it first came out, maybe it was too floral for my taste then. 10 yrs later I started to like it. Maybe it's because less people wear it (or should I say, overwear as they marinate themselves in it). It's a familiar scent that's more pleasing and calming to me, almost nostalgic. Best to apply lightly as it becomes rather synthetic if overdosed.

10th June, 2008

SirSlarty's avatar

Green and unpleasant. I have the opportunity to layer it with a sample of the shower gel. Smells like plastic tar at first, kinda weird but I find that to be a common theme with fougere genre frags I have tried. That scent goes away quickly and turns into a fresh green scent that suits better for a greenhouse than on a human body. A stragne sensation I find with it is that it feels very dry. Does last a good while, though.

26th May, 2008

SexPanther's avatar

I've been wearing this stuff since high school when I first bought it I loved it, now after I've grown up a little definitely an outdated cologne. My grandma does still like whenever I wear it she says it smells like apples. I couldn't recommend this cologne on a blind buy but it has proven itself over the years so if you're interested get out to the store and snorfle some up your nose and see what your think.

06th May, 2008

Zerby's avatar

This is one of Calvin Klein's BEST colognes. I get this co-worker who would ask me from time to time
    when I'm going to wear this. I'll be buying a lot more
    of this when I run out.

22nd April, 2008

AlexanderRex's avatar

Mine is a novice nose, and even though I've owned Eternity for years, I still can't figure it out. Someone else mentioned that the top notes don't 'match' the base notes. I really can't think of a better way to explain Eternity. It's an enigma, and not an entirely pleasant one. I can't see myself buying this scent again.

21st April, 2008

Tony K's avatar

Ok, I know everyone hates this, but I love me some Eternity. This is the smell of High School circa 1988, and I still get it. It is not revolutionary now, but it smells thousands time better than half of the dreck that passes as fragrance now.

14th April, 2008

terry81's avatar

Singapore Singapore

it smells crispy, sharp and strong like some medicated oil. Neither floral nor musky. ...

11th April, 2008

veggie4life's avatar

recieved this as a present and was tuly vile. Boring, dull classic 80's and 90's

19th January, 2008

veggieforlife's avatar

Well this fragrance is in one word common. It belongs on a council estate on the east end of London. Nothing about this fragrance says " Smell Me" but more " this made a desperate attempt to smell nice and failed miserably"

08th January, 2008

mistak's avatar

My older brother used to own a bottle of this a few years back. Used to think it smells like heaven, still do, sometimes. I own one of these myself now, there are days when I adore this and days when not so much. Top notes are so fresh and invigourating, dry down is somewhat weak and undefined, yet has decent longevity.. Overall good fragrance.

13th December, 2007

panmg's avatar

India India

Lasts for a couple of hours only (on me). The base notes are sweet and powdery. Also I feel the top notes dont quite 'match' the base notes.

07th December, 2007

Kahuna Cowboy's avatar

Ah the smell of the 90's, it was boring back then too.

It's not a bad cologne, just not a good one either. Women did seem to like it but that back before half the men she has ever dated wore it. Now it is as predictable and boring as Aqua Di Gio, Polo, and Drakkar Noir. Been there done that, time to move on.

02nd June, 2007

Bytebuster's avatar

Turkey Turkey

I don't know what it is but eventhough I liked this fragrance, there is something in it that reminds me the scent of the poison that gray/black millipedes create when they are in danger. Because of that I couldn't like this fragrance, but a soon after Joop Nightflight followed the same trend of KC Eternity, then I chosed it. It was much better than Eternity.

02nd June, 2007

Schark's avatar

Turkey Turkey

Old fashioned but one of the most masculine scent which i have ever used.
    Long lasting but it does not appeal to all the ladies...

29th May, 2007

Stelios_X_opa's avatar

I couldn't imagine ever wearing this. Its a nice scent, but there are such nicer ones out there. I hear alot about this 'one note' that causes nausea and such, and i can most DEFINITELY smell it! The bottle is quite nice! It doesn't need a top, and like Angel*Men i love that!
    Thumbs..ehh..cant decide.

28th May, 2007

fusion's avatar

My high school fragrance loved it then and still love it now a classic such a wonderful scent i still get my compliments with this one women love it young and old

19th May, 2007

abimanyu's avatar

Indonesia Indonesia

Gives me a headache,I hate the smell of Eternity for Men. My buddies back in high school,1990,they all wore Eternity for Men and I was stuck in a car with everybody wearing it,makes me gag.Thumbs down.

06th April, 2007

Frank108's avatar

Eternity is an important instance of a "try before you buy fragrance," in my opinion.

There is an ingredient or a combination of ingredients that give Eternity an over the top annoying smell. I as well as others who have reviewed Eternity find this aroma repuslive, even to the point of causing headache and nausea! (In my case just one spritz to one wrist.)

And I will certify it's power and longevity. That one spritz annoys for hours unless you can wash it off. Being cuirous about the power and populality I tried it a couple of times before making my final assessment: It reeks.

I guess it goes to show that exploring fragrances means that a sensitive nose requires a strong stomach.

You have been warned, but if your just starting out, don't stay away just becuase I and others are repelled, obivously other really like this fragrance.

Go figure!

24th March, 2007

mdiegor's avatar

If I had to choose one fragrance for the rest of my life, it definitely would be Eternity.

Women just love it, and I never get tired of this.

14th March, 2007

Amadaeus's avatar

Scotland Scotland

Perhaps a bit out of fashion these days, which is a good thing imo as fewer men wear it, but women still adore this on a man.

11th February, 2007

ObsessionForMen's avatar

So easy to wear. An original fougere/masculine floral like no other. Eternity is my day in/day out fragrance. It is apprpriate for all occassions. It is the fragrance that I still get complimented on the most. I've had women comment that it was their favorite fragrance and men ask me what I was wearing. I also like the body products. They are lightly scented and can be used with other fragrances as well. I use daily the deordorant, body moisturizer, shower gel and after shave balm. All that and the classic Pierre Dinard bottle looks beautiful on your bathroom counter. It fits so nicely in your hand. I really like the pour bottle and splash it generously on my torso as it is never overwhelming. A perfect "10" in my book!

16th December, 2006

dubyahjay's avatar

Overused and not the most original creation but isn't that the fate of most good smelling, affordable scents these days. A grudging thumbs up but watch the trigger as many have warned.

04th October, 2006

buyers_remorse's avatar

A truely remarkable scent when lauched. Simple Clean fresh. Daytime fragrance that could cross over into the evening. The amount of people who bought this fragrance after you tell them what your waering is a testament to it. But alas overdone now! Like A Men. WOW factor 8

02nd October, 2006

RugbyPete's avatar

I bought htis cos I liked it. Then I kept wearing it because it got a lot of attention when sprayed specifically on skin (not clothes).
    I'm not sur eif i want more because its getting popular but its definately the widow maker. By that I mean you will leave your wife for a younger women the amount of attention you'll get.
    If you want a different woman a week, or 4 on the go at once, grab this, women love it.

01st October, 2006

tvlampboy's avatar

Don't get me wrong -- I don't oppose mass produced fragrances on principle. Nevertheless, this schlock is quintessential mass produced, mass marketed crapola. It's watery and bland and overly sweet -- the beginning, IMHO, of the whole "aquatic, androgynous, utterly boring" trend that we've been seeing on and off for almost two decades now. SNORE.

28th September, 2006

sfsf's avatar

Not crazy about this one, too sugary-flowery. I got this in a sampler of CK colognes once, tried it out for a time. Gave me a bit of a headache every time I wore it. I don't even think it would be good for females.

16th August, 2006

alderhill's avatar

This was the first "real" cologne I ever bought. I went into the cologne counter of a department store, looking for something to wear for my then-girlfriend and I's first anniversary. She always hinted how she liked colognes, and the idea was something I was open to anyway... but we broke up a few weeks later, before she ever got the chance to smell it on me. Too bad for her!

A very helpful attendant at the counter turned me onto this. I hadn't given much thought to a CK scent, so I was quite reluctant at first... I had (for some reason) picked Givenchy's Pi as the scent I wanted. Thankfully, I didn't bother...

After sampling several different colognes, it was Eternity I kept coming back to smell on my forearm, and I knew I had to buy it.

One definately has to be careful with wearing this though. 2-3 spritzes should be sufficient. It can also be quite strong without you realizing it, as when your nose becomes too accustomed to it. I'll also confess that sometimes it can give me headaches. Don't overdo it!

In rainy or cold weather I find it takes on a sour, unpleasant smell. But for dry summer days (or warmer days in spring/autumn), I find a bit of heat does a wonderful job of "burning" away the somewhat cloying earlier notes, and the drydown has a "just-right" sweetness and freshness that I find very comforting. I've received a fair number compliments too. It doesn't seem too too common in my area (Toronto). I've only ever smelled it a couple times on other people.

I bought my first bottle about a year ago, with only a third left now. I may not immediately replace it when it runs out, but this scent will likely always have a place in my cologne drawer. I recommend it, but as always, try it out first.

26th May, 2006

Ken_Russell's avatar

Romania Romania

The only fragrance by Calvin Klein i truly enjoy. I just love the mandarine and other citrus notes which create a very serene, pure and stylish atmosphere. Clean-cut tour de force, before Klein started creating many disturbing " modern" fragrances which led the concept of modernity on unbearable experimental ( or rather failed experiments) levels.

21st April, 2006