Reviews of Eternity for Men by Calvin Klein

Find out more about Eternity for Men by Calvin Klein in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

Ken_Russell's avatar

Romania Romania

The only fragrance by Calvin Klein i truly enjoy. I just love the mandarine and other citrus notes which create a very serene, pure and stylish atmosphere. Clean-cut tour de force, before Klein started creating many disturbing " modern" fragrances which led the concept of modernity on unbearable experimental ( or rather failed experiments) levels.

21st April, 2006

NaturalBornThrilla's avatar

I don't really like this one but everytime I wear it I get nothing but complaments from almost every woman I come into contact with...Seems to be a real pleaser to the oposite sex and for that reason alone I'm giving it a thumbs up and the only reason I will continue to wear it!!!!!!!CHICKS DIG IT BROTHER!!!!

23rd March, 2006

knightstorme's avatar

I never thought about wearing this cologne until about a year ago when I got it for Xmas. I was kind of scared to try it. I got a lot of compliments on it. On the ladies love scale from 1-10 I give it a 8.2

23rd March, 2006

ikkitosennomusha's avatar

I give a neutral decision thus far because retesting is needed. It use to induce headache on me. Recently, I smelled it on a gentleman and I asked what his fragrance was, becuase it smelled good and green. He said it was eternity. I was stunned. So, at my next trip to the mall, I will be testing this!

17th March, 2006

ubuandibeme's avatar

Eternity for Men in my mind is an all-purpose sort of scent. It's a manly blend that doesn't shout at you...more subtle, like - 'hey, I'm clean and put together, ready for whatever' - a good ol' standby! I especially like the assorted herbal notes that drydown to a solid trustworthy base of sandalwood, vetiver and amber. Very nice and dependable indeed.

10th March, 2006 (Last Edited: 17th June, 2009)

JJ21's avatar

Surprisingly, this classic is one that I used to loathe when I was younger. Years later I've returned to it and found -much to my astonishment- that something has changed. Probably me, and my skin chemistry. Whereas before it was capable of inducing headaches, it now reminds me of what summer and the mediterranean smell like. It just goes to show you some things never change, and some things do. Give it another try.

14th January, 2006

teflondog's avatar

People knock this one because they had the misfortune of smelling it on others who bathed in it. However, when worn in moderation, I think it's a wonderful citrus/floral fragrance. It has nice sillage and lasts exceptionally long. It's a classic and was great during its time. It may be easy to identify, but that's only because it is distinct. Aside from Obsession, this is my favorite fragrance from the CK line.

26th December, 2005

subzero's avatar

Makes me throw up, literally

25th December, 2005

gator's avatar

Ill give it a thumbs up. Its a good bet for someone unsure of what to buy

23rd December, 2005

moon_fish's avatar

Russian Federation Russian Federation

My very first designer fragrance. I wore it every day since 1990 when I charge my friend to buy it from HAWAII and bring it to Siberia...
    Now I keep a bottle as reminder of my perfumemania start... And found a lot of chemical properties...
    Sharp flowery-woody cologne - I like feminine CK Eternity much more!!!

23rd November, 2005

Uzkalnis's avatar

Green botanics? I thought it was cucumber. The top note is good, the drydown is quite distinct even to an untrained nose. It must be that hint of rosewood. The fragrance is simple and comforting, but I am not sure whether it is because I loved the year when it was born or because the fragrance itself is distinguished. It was certainly marketed well, and at that time the consumers were not yet tired of Calvin Klein going through the entire dictionary of nouns. One thing it lacks is statement. It is not a fragrance of presence and confidence - but as such, it may be acceptable for someone who is a bit reluctant to make a statement.

09th November, 2005

the_gabba_goul's avatar

Deffinately a classic scent. smelling, but a bit too basic. A good "starter scent" for those just venturing into the world of colognes, perfect for wearing on a summer afternoon to go to the movies with your girl or something like that...very playful, but deffinately lacking depth...

08th November, 2005

JohnnyH's avatar

I've been using this fragrance since 1990 and still love it today. It's a timeless fragrance that's both classic and contemporary. It's refined yet strong. The scent is very distinctive. In fact, I notice that alot of brands are trying to imitate this scent, but it just stand out from the others. I'll always have a bottle of it in my wardrobe.

10th October, 2005

This is the one I love to hate, but I suppose it’s not really as bad as I try to think it is. My first exposure to Eternity seventeen years ago was my introduction to many things: My first watery fragrance, my first synthetic fragrance, my first headache inducing fragrance, and the first fragrance that I recall stalking me — IT WAS EVERYWHERE! I expect that my main problem with it was that those who used it poured it on with little restraint. I wore it once — sprayed away with abandon because, at the time, I was unaware how terribly potent synthetic accords can be — and what gruesome headaches they can produce. After that one time, I gave my bottle away. My opinion hasn’t changed very much since then. To be fair, it’s not anywhere near the worst fragrance in the world; there are all too many that are actually more annoying. It’s just that Eternity was so successful that it can be blamed, rightfully or wrongfully, for fathering all the watery, synthetic concoctions that followed. I’ve even changed in my opinion of it a bit after all this time: I can now grudgingly admit that it is not totally disgusting because the tail end of the dry down is, indeed…pleasant.

10th October, 2005 (Last Edited: 17th March, 2008)

Van_Oung_the_Ghost's avatar

Forever never seemed heard in an Eternity, As passion never fades in timeless scent, Even as the hands of time relentlessly never bent. Time moves on yet I stand still, My memories fade left with nothing said, As silent words shape whole a womans head...

04th October, 2005

dallasconundrum's avatar

Ahhh...I have a hard time deciding what to say about this one. I think that the scent is basically good...but I am just not that crazy about it. On me, it seems to sort of come and go...at times it is WAY to strong and sometimes I can hardly smell it (within the same application period). Also, even though I use very little of it, it seems to give me a slight headache. There are just a select few scents that do this to me and this one isn't as bad as some, but it does just the same. So, as some others have said, if you like it...go easy it can be pretty potent.

28th August, 2005

shams's avatar

What on earth is this? I abhor it. It gives me a headache, makes me throw up!. I just cannot stand the smell of this PERIOD.

24th August, 2005

JimInCO's avatar

This fragrance (and absolutely!! The woman's rendition), require the human being desiring to wear this fragrance to take a shower. As incredulous and simple this might sound the human animal neglects to do this simplest hygienic technique and imbibing scent liberally to cover their stench. This scent cannot do miracles and can quite literally smell atrocious on those effluvia leaning souls. So...this is a great scent if you do as I and others ask. PLEASE heed.

09th July, 2005

HugoBoss's avatar

Well it may be very popular a few years back but it is not now and its a very very good fragrance and i can call it a must have as it really is very good and lasts for long, it you have had polo sport and hugo boss and dunhill desire then try this one too..its the best among these

04th August, 2004

Sydneyguy's avatar

A classic cologne which is still a lot better than the newer colognes today

19th February, 2004

Li9uid's avatar

This was the first (and definetly the last time) I bought a cologne based on what was selling at the time. This fragarance seems best suited as a bathroom deodorizer than a cologne.

05th December, 2003

seinfun's avatar

What a weird smelling fragrance ! Not a bad smell but just weird . Don't know how else to describe it . Wore it for a while but won't be going down that road again for... well......an eternity

28th November, 2003

Renato's avatar

Eternity is my favourite CK scent. This unique green scent is one of longest lasting ones around - thus it's somewhat easy to over do in application.

30th April, 2003

Paul G's avatar

If you run into someone on the street who is wearing too much cologne, there is a better than 50/50 chance that they have this on. This is the poster child for over application. Overbearing and overused. I can't stand this scent.

27th March, 2003