Reviews of Fire & Ice for Men by Revlon

Find out more about Fire & Ice for Men by Revlon in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

Bigsly's avatar
    Bigsly

I acquired a vintage splash bottle of this one recently (3 ounces or 100 ml). An older woman I asked about it said it smelled very feminine. In any case, it is sweet of course but not outrageously so. Think of Dior Homme without the tobacco note and without the powdery iris. Now add a touch of an icy quality. And there you have this one. It's smooth/creamy and reasonably natural smelling. It may get cloying after a while but only did a dab sampling, and it seemed very strong. If you have a spray bottle I suggest misting the air and walking through it on your first wearing. I have to give this a positive review because it's different, pleasant, and probably wearable for the right occasion and if applied appropriately.

23 November, 2012

heo's avatar
    heo
    Norway Norway

I hate to post negative reviews but this on, ummm.
    I can understand some reviews mentioning how ladies love it, it should have a been a female fragrance. Very sweet, synthetic, and a headache guaranteed. you can guess why it's cheap ? guessed right ! the ingredients.
    I have lots of scents that i don't really like, but i find sometime to us it (Gym, home use, jogging..etc) except this one, it defeats me :(

23 September, 2012

rok's avatar
    rok

Costs cheap but smells cheaper, very feminine, i would say it actualy is a womens fragrance, very powdery and sweet, deffo not my type of fragrance

25 September, 2011

Swanky's avatar
    Swanky

Fire & Ice subverts some of my olfactory idiosyncrasies. It is quite sweet, yet not at all cloying. It's not a vanilla cake batter sweetness but a powdered candy one. Cherry is what I come up with. Cherry and light florals. How the heck is this not a disaster? Actually, it's pretty nice.

The bottle is unpromising with it's gimcrack opaque plastic cap and dull clear glass container yet it doesn't smell like a cheap, about-to-fall-apart mess. One would expect lousy longevity from something so mild and sweet, yet it lasts all day and at near full strength to boot. The price is very reasonable.

What I like most, however, is the unique character. I can't think of another men's fragrance (or even one from the ladies' aisle) that smells like this. It's totally inoffensive and can be worn any time of the year. In my opinion, this would be a great starter fragrance for a young man in high school: no one else would have it yet it's not old school. The sweet quality would probably appeal to the young 'uns as well.

01st July, 2011

foetidus

Not bad at all… It’s a bit green, ambery, fruity… a bit synthetic but not disagreeably so. It’s quite powdery, and I think Russlan’s right… there’s even a little bit of osmanthus in there.

What I really enjoy about Fire & Ice is that it has some uniqueness to it: It’s not generic / synthetic like so many of the designer fragrances of recent vintage. Its synthetic feel is acceptable... enjoyable even. It gives off a pleasant sillage. If money is a consideration, this one merits a tryout.

01st February, 2010

Revlon's avatar
    Revlon

If Revlon only advertised their products more!
    Fire and Ice for Men is one of my all time favourites - genius.
    When so many modern fragrances smell exactly the same, it genuinely stands out. Great to see some fans too.
    I am still on the hunt for the "Smoulder" version.

18 September, 2009

HORACIO GONZÁLEZ's avatar
    HORACIO GONZÁLEZ
    Argentina Argentina

I LOVE THIS FRAG, EDIBLE, GOURMAND, IT`S FANTASTIC!

07 March, 2009

Mekanic's avatar
    Mekanic

Very sweet, nice drydown, ladies do love it. Sexy frag

30th September, 2008

ga97's avatar
    ga97

Nice amber, slightly fruity, sweet fragrance. Perfect for daytime.

07 December, 2007

Sharkstar's avatar
    Sharkstar

I'm not generally keen on fruity, sweet fragrances - I cannot understand the appeal of Joop! - but there are days when I need to wear something less aggressively masculine and this fits the bill.

06 August, 2007

wedge's avatar
    wedge

A very sweet scent with floral, fruity accords with a predominant note of amber throughout. Reminds me of some sort of edible sweets.

02 August, 2005

Russlan's avatar
    Russlan

Fresh and spicy floral oriental fragrance with notes of osmanthus, tangerine flowers, lavender and amber. Powdery drydown. Girls love it!

24 December, 2002