Neutral Reviews of Gendarme V by Gendarme

Find out more about Gendarme V by Gendarme in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

Orpheus99's avatar
    Orpheus99

Smells like clean soap. Fresh. Light. Too light. Not bad, but not good. Soap is cheaper.

04 August, 2011

Bigsly's avatar
    Bigsly

I just don't like these notes, except for the civet, which is done well here. I'll give it a neutral because I can't think of anything "wrong" with it, but it's definitely not the kind of fragrance I enjoy these days. I find the anise to be strong and not pleasant here, but I do like Lolita Lempicka au Masculin, so that leads me to believe that it's just the combination here that doesn't work for me, rather than the fragrance being "bad" in any way.

18 January, 2011

SirSlarty's avatar
    SirSlarty

Doesn't Gendarme do anything else besides soapy, clean scents. This one has a weird floral note (carnation?) in it. A little better than the original.

06 September, 2008

Randolph314's avatar
    Randolph314

I have a hard time distinguishing this from the original. As with the original, I don't find the unnuanced grassiness very appealing.

14 October, 2006

zztopp's avatar
    zztopp

A less citrusy version of the original classic, the base of Vetiver and Tonka is what distinguishes it. One of my friends like this version better, and says that the earth Vetiver is what makes it stand out (he is a big fan of earthy vetiver scents). However to my nose, the combination of the clean fresh top notes and then a transformation to an earthy vetiver base, while sounds intriguing on paper, doesnt really work for me .. the fresh top notes and the earthy vetiver clash a lot and the scent seems unstable at times.

24 July, 2006