Neutral Reviews of Good Life by Davidoff

I had a torrid affair with this scent when it came out in 1998. I thought it was one of the best green scents ever. However, as much as I loved the fig and the lightness of the scent overall, the synthetic grassiness began to get to me. It was like walking through fields of Elysium--but in Tartarus. The grassiness just wouldn't stop. It was like something you couldn't get away from. I finally had to break off the relationship, so to speak. But, like a shooting star, it was beautiful and burned brightly while it lasted. And even now, I get a bit wistful and nostalgic about it.
24th March, 2014
Pretty good everyday scent. Kind of reminds me of Calvin Kliein Eternity but this smells slightly better. Nice fig scent.
04th January, 2013 (last edited: 20th October, 2014)
Good Life probably represents a line in the sand for Davidoff.You can see obvious decline in the company's output from this fragrance onwards.

It is not to say that this is an awful experience, but large passages of the fig-centric Good Life feel contrived and synthetic. Although I am generally ambivalent about the use of the fig note, I remain convinced that better examples of it can be found elsewhere.
06th April, 2011

Bigsly Show all reviews
Violet, geranium, and lavender. Three notes I can't stand, unless of course only small amounts are used. It's green, but it's also colgny/perfumey, and I detest fragrances like this. If you want to be "colgne guy" this is a good choice, because it's not as cheap and crude as others in this genre. Longevity and sillage seem good. I'll give this a neutral for those who actually seek this kind of scent.
10th May, 2009
Tony T Show all reviews
synthetic, sharp office scent. very 90 's loud opening but still wearable. similiar to preferred stock. a lot of different notes such as meliot,lentisc and liatrix.sounds like depression medication but what do i know.
02nd February, 2009

Green and sweet. I went through two samples of this trying to eek out its secrets but what I mainly come up with is, “Green and sweet.” I think it’s the blackcurrent that makes the opening more interesting than most of its category. The opening has a clean citrus vibe with a lavender and fig leaf support, and I think it is essentially well done except I would have preferred less lavender. The fragrance moves to revolve around the fig leaf, and that dominance is not a bad decision – the fig leaf accord performs quite well. In the heart notes, the geranium contributes its unique green and, unfortunately, so does the violet, which, I will admit, mostly behaves itself, but I continue to wish it were not there. There’s an airy feel to the heart, which I enjoy very much. Its base is the typical base of a modern fragrance: I don’t get much wood, but I do get amber and green, and it is certainly is sweet enough. The fragrance is well done… It is much too sweet for me and I personally dislike the violet, but it is a well-made fragrance for the person who wants a clean, sweet, green fragrance.

16th December, 2008
I am still unsure whether i like this, the smell is hard to describe
10th April, 2004