Positive Reviews of Green Irish Tweed by Creed

Smells like a field of grass on a beautiful spring day after rain. The dry down on my skin smells of grassy, flowery, powdery goodness. I like to wear this one on Saturday and Sunday morning/afternoon. I always receive compliments and it lasts me throughout the entire day.
Green Irish Tweed is certainly something special that everyman should have in their collection. Timeless.

Because of GIT's uniqueness, beautiful scent, longevity, sillage, and timeless elegance, Im going to have it give it a 10.
03rd September, 2015
Green Irish Tweed is one of the more appropriately evocatively named Creed fragrances, as it is, to me, the archetypical green fragrance without the citric acidity that is common to most scents in that phylum.

It's easy to understand how this is a classic, and how so many stand by it. Without the citrus, it's still somehow complete, anchored by a mix of violet, iris, sandalwood, and ambergris that together yield a mossy green walk in the park. GIT is soft in the way of Silver Mountain Water's green tea note, attacking only slightly at the opening before drying down very nicely into something that could be worn all day. Still, GIT is most appropriate as a warm weather day fragrance, as it's not terribly formal.

While not my favorite fresh Creed, as I still stand by Aventus, Himalaya, and Silver Mountain as the standouts that I've tried, GIT is s a must-try for those unfamiliar, and in my case, an eventual must-buy. Availability isn't an issue, as it's on all of the discount sites. I'll be happy to add this to my collection.

7 out of 10
19th August, 2015
Such a wonderful cologne. This was my first full bottle purchase when I was sampling all types of scents. There will always be a bottle of Creed Green Irish Tweed in my wardrobe. You just cant go wrong with it.
17th August, 2015

What a brilliant fragrance this is. I will always have a bottle in my wardrobe; everyone in my life seems to adore this scent on my skin and it makes me feel like a king.
19th June, 2015

This is Absolutely one Fragrance from CREED because It has a Exclusive and Natural scent and Like All CREED fragrances is only for Elite.GIT is Show a Gentleman who knows how to treat with a Lady. Casual yet Sophisticated. Green,Clean,Classy,Fresh,Exquisite, Generous,Versatile and Everlasting.

At first glance It is like some fragrances for example COOL WATER but in a High Class way and in my opinion the base notes are Determinant for Severance CREED fragrances of Most brands as The base notes are Wonderful and makes them Long Lasting just like This one.

GIT has a Green overtone with Woody undertones that make it Ambrosial.
A Magical and Subtle Masculine fragrance that turn heads wherever You
go. It is dependable for Any season Especially Spring/Summer and Any Occasion . I recommend this one to Everyone who wants only the BEST.However it is Too Expensive but really worth Every penny you pay for it.

Longevity?Surprisingly Superb on my skin.

09th June, 2015
surge Show all reviews
Amazing fragrance; one of the best Creed's to ever be created. Amazing use of ambergris and violet. This was the inspiration for Cool Water by Davidoff (and probably Chez Bond from Bond No. 9), but in my opinion there are more differences than similarities.
Silage is amazing, longevity is 12+ hours. Fresh, marine, green and citrus all in one. I also use the GIT deodorant and shower gel / soap -- gives you a great fresh smell all day long :)
05th June, 2015
Yes GIT smells like CW. The funny thing is that we Basenoters will go to excruciating lengths to find, say, the pre-1998 formulation of L'Eau de Cat Piss and reject the later one because the maker lowered the percentage of oak moss from .01% to.009%. OMG! Not worth wearing!

Then, on the other hand, we go nuts finding similarities. In my case, between Mouchoir de Monsieur and Egoiste, or Bois de Portugal and Chanel pour Monsieur. Then, we go miles to distinguish a lavender-sage bergamot opening from a bergamot-lavender-sage opening.

So why would anyone get excited about superficial similarities between GIT and CW? Let me say it straight out: the similarities are not enough to ever, ever, wear CW instead of GIT.

On to the review: I'm having all kinds of fun wearing GIT. It's the first calone-rich fragrance I've ever liked. It is conceivable that beyond calone, linalool and ambroxan there are some expensive ingredients in GIT. Maybe there's some natural orris or violet or ambergris that explains the price. I don't think so either, but it's possible! But they own it and you don't, so they can charge what they want for it. In my opinion, it smells very good. I'm happy I bought my small bottle. Sorry if that's more of a vote than a review.
02nd June, 2015
Second best scent of all time only slightly behind Aventus. You will smell your self constantly. Why? Because it's addictive.
12th May, 2015
Green Irish Tweed has been my favorite ‘modern’ Creed ever since I first got into this line many years ago. It’s also the one that I wear the most out of all the Creeds that I own. Upon application I got a fresh crisp opening that comes from the ‘French’ lemon verbena note with a hint of ‘Florentine’ Iris. To me, the opening comes off as both citrusy and green. It reminds me of getting out of the shower after finishing a good workout at the gym. It has a very refreshing opening. The opening eventually subsides allowing for the iris and violet to step up in the heart. The scent transforms into a very luscious green scent. At the drydown, the ‘Mysore’ sandalwood and ambergris notes come into play giving off the classic Creed drydown as noticed in many of its fragrances. To me, the drydown became slightly creamy and woodsy-like in addition to the green heart that is still present from earlier. Describing it overall, GIT is a masculine and wonderful refreshing scent.

Personally, I can’t really find an occasion that GIT wouldn’t be appropriate to be worn it. It’s well balanced and well suited that it can be worn all year round. It will work well in both formal and casual occasions whether it’s at an office meeting or going out for a drive on the weekends. I want to point out that GIT is more of a safe scent in that it won’t jump out people but at the same time it won’t always get noticed. Ill also note that it gets compared to other fragrances like Davidoff’s Cool Water and Bond No. 9 Chez Bond as noted from other reviewers. I do find those similarities but the quality of GIT is far superior IMO. Both the longevity and silage are great. In terms longevity I get anywhere between 4-8 hours depending on application and climate. Silage is moderate for the first 2-3 hours before staying closer to the skin for the remainder of the scent. Warmer months (ie: spring and summer) will help the scent project more and improve the longevity. Overall, Green Irish Tweed is one of the best scents that Creed has to offer. People trying out Creed for the first time, GIT would be a good place to start. GIT is my favorite ‘modern’ Creed scent and overall one of my all-time favorites from the entire Creed line.
04th April, 2015
You know Henry Ford's character, Norman, from "On Golden Pond"?...yeah, he'd wear this.
11th March, 2015
mgrz Show all reviews
Female's love this! A quality unsurpassed! My wife's favorite.
24th December, 2014 (last edited: 23rd December, 2014)
It starts off like a lemon COOL WATER except more subtle with a slight flowery note. Then it changes from the COOL WATER note to a violet smell. The violet keeps it fresh and an improvement over cool water. The violet then mixes with the Sandalwood/Ambergris and we are off to the races. This is my favorite. I got rid of my Cool Water stash.
22nd November, 2014
I recently tried Green Irish Tweed and Aventus.

I think Green Irish Tweed is a little bit old for me, I am 38 but I just felt like it should be for an "older" guy (maybe in his 50's).

Perhaps when this was formulated (30 years ago next year) it was considered a younger man's type of fragrance? I don't know.

Then I tried Aventus, and this was exactly what I was looking for. I think Aventus is basically the modern Green Irish Tweed (if that makes sense?)

GIT is a nice fragrance, and I still give it thumbs up, but it just seemed a little bit "stuffed shirt" for me at the moment... maybe I should try it again in 10 years or so?
14th October, 2014

My first creed ever and boy it speaks royalty. I have never ever experienced a fragrance developing so well on me. Every time I wear this it is like music, each and every note laid out perfectly creating a harmony of notes and their transition is so well defined and smooth on my skin. It is definitely a masterpiece !
20th September, 2014
This was my first high-end (ultra high-end to me really) fragrance experience. I always find some new aspect of this to enjoy when I wear it, which is not every day admittedly. It manages to place a lot of different qualities on display at once. It has a timeless good smell. It is sweet, cheery and not something I would describe as dark, spicy or musky like a tobacco or leather scent.
The Good: expertly crafted, smells of quality, pleasant.
The Bad: Sometimes I want to smell spicier.
Overall: I think it's very memorable and complex. After using up sample after sample, I finally bought a bottle.
22nd August, 2014
I had a bunch of longevity issues with this when I was first sampling it but I'm starting to think it was just the sample. GIT from my full bottle lasts a decently long while.

Upon further wears, I'm picking up more and more of the little details that make this work so well which has inspired me to switch to thumbs-up. I'm not sure I'd say there's a strong iris scent but this is a very pleasantly dusty fragrance. It's heavy on dihydromyrcenol which gives it the metallic tone or "detergent/fabric softener" effect in some batches but fortunately the batch I have is more moderate in that respect. The similarity to dihydromyrcenol-heavy Cool Water is appropriate, and most people passing you by will not smell a difference, however spray them both in your own skin and GIT is miles above CW. Oddly enough CW was a scrubber for me, I just couldn't make it through. GIT is like my rainy-day office-safe (maybe a little too safe) scent. The overall effect of it is like being under a warm ultra-soft cotton jersey duvet cover fresh out of the dryer, curled up reading a good book during a thunderstorm. It's soft and cozy and very unisex.
04th August, 2014 (last edited: 30th August, 2015)
I have been using Green Irish Tweed EDT for a while now. I decided to purchase the EDP and I am glad I did. It is more concentrated and it lasts longer on me. In my opinion, there is no comparison to Cool Water at all. Green Irish Tweed is sophisticated, green, natural and very masculine. I always get compliments every time I wear it. It is one of the best in the Creed line.
30th July, 2014
My signature cologne from age 14 to my mid twenties was Cool Water by Davidoff. I still have it in my collection, and use it from time to time during the summer. I had recently decided to blind buy GiT, since there were so many comparisons to CW I figured it would be a sure thing.

I have to say, had I smelled GiT without knowing the supposed connection to CW, the thought would have never come to my mind that they were connected. My Gf could not believe CW and GiT were supposed to smell alike.

With all of that being said, I am completely in love with GiT. It's a really fresh, clean scent. I blind bought GiT and Aventus and both have knocked my socks off. GiT will get far heavier usage, as I personally prefer it.

Wow. Just wow. Amazing juice.
05th July, 2014
A basic business, meet-with-a-client, board-of-trustees fragrance. Near universal in its appeal, well-made to a fault, and utterly "safe" in almost any setting. Not particularly exciting, but just as comfy and dependable as that old tweed sport coat in my closet. Green Irish Tweed has, of course, been overexposed and much-imitated, but it’s still enormously useful. Amazing sillage, though little lasting power. The latter trait doesn't bother me, since I consider this scent strictly daytime and will almost always put on something more exotic at night.

Green Irish Tweed smells markedly more harsh and "chemical" in its drydown than it once did, perhaps due to a shortage of natural Mysore sandalwood.
15th June, 2014
I heard about Creed years ago, but didn't start wearing any of their fragrances until about a year ago, mostly due to the price. I say without shame, and being fully aware of how unoriginal this opinion is, that GIT is amazing. I don't really have a nose for analyzing the scent profile of fragrances, and so I will spare us all of that redundancy, and will just say that smelling this makes me happy and confident. Isn't that what we are all really going for?! As for quality, Creed makes their products from natural ingredients. No one should get a headache from it. Don't worry about the Cool Water comps. I'm familiar with both, and the verbena (I'm told) in GIT is what sets the two apart, and in my opinion elevates GIT.
03rd April, 2014
It took me quite a while to appreciate GIT and the associations with another fragrance had really put me off even trying it.

After a rather wet and cool season in 2012-3, I opted to get myself on a split. I honestly felt that the opening was like washing powder, the sort that my mother would use in the washing machine every Saturday on laundry day.

I got over that association soon, the more I began to appreciate the lemon/verbena combo at first spritz. But that wasn't the best bit. I really fell for the violet leaf note which appears not long after the top has burnt off, that and it's luscious transition to sandalwood and ambergris. I'm not sure I detect the Iris in this, but if it's there, maybe it's what gives GIT that delicate saltiness that just blends in magnificently as the scent dries down.

That said, I am not one to fall for the hype around any scent. I appreciate GIT for what it is (and I don't have a clue what the 'Irish' theme is all about). I totally understand how this is a 'go to' fragrance for many. On most weeks, this is my Monday fragrance. Not quite a stand-out that I'd want for a special occasion, but too good to start the week off with anything else. I can't believe it took me this long to appreciate. Quite inoffensive and a superb alternative to a vetiver scent, which I somehow seem to have gone off.

The bottle is great and has become quite an icon. I love having the 120ml size in my wardrobe, although it makes it impossible to see how much juice is left inside!

Finally, a quick note about longevity. I find that GIT, worn in sensible amounts (not more than say 5 sprays) lasts on me for the best part of a whole day. I can easily smell it on me in the evenings, having applied early in the morning. It's not overpowering, but I certainly wouldn't spray more than five sprays.
28th March, 2014
It's a masterpiece. Followed and reinformed quite succesfully by Cool Water, i have to respect the elder thing. Too expensive though and poor longevity.
30th October, 2013
Very Green. Very Fresh

I recently bought a used bottle of this off of a fellow BNer. I do enjoy the fragrance as a whole, yet I feel like the opening notes are a bit too green for my taste. Once the fragrance settles down, it gets pretty enjoyable. If it lasted longer, easily a 5/5, but like most Creeds, longevity tends to be spotty. Maybe the batch I got wasn't the best, but still, very good fragrance.

Pros: Great dry down, solid projection
Cons: Not a fan of the opening notes, not the best longevity"

18th October, 2013
Great workhorse and a cracking scent.

This is the only fragrance I have come across that is still pleasant 4-8 hours after spraying. By that time everything else makes my nose feel 'hollow.' For a good demonstration of this ask for a test spray of Terre d'Hermes and smell it all day, or inhale smoke from a campfire. (For the record I own TdH and love it immediately after the spray).

So far this fragrance and Amouage's Ciel are the only ones that have passed the all-day test.

Scents I've tried and leave me blown out are Tabarome, Himalaya, Envy, Terre d'Hermes, Be Delicious and basically everything I've tried below the Creed price-point.

GIT smells to me like fresh cut grass, flowers, and a decent hit of ambergris. I wear it daily like I would my favourite jeans.

Pros: Long lasting, easy on the nose, versatile
Cons: Simple and uncomplicated"

21st September, 2013
DanHD Show all reviews
The best

GIT is what started it all for me. It showed me how much a perfume can affect your life. It merges with experience of food, the outdoors, everyday things - not overwhelming just altering.

It can be a little too much bright green for me at the start, and I use another atomizer to control the spray, but those are just trivialities compared to the majesty of this perfume. It's definitely worth the expense.

Pros: Bright, complex, has depth too
Cons: Opening can overwelm sometimes"

08th September, 2013
My best friend forever

Let me start out by saying i really enjoy most of the Creed house fragrances and this was my very first Creed and niche fragrance I had ever purchased. I love this juice. It had me hooked from the first spray. Makes me feel like James Bond when I wear it. I tend to agree to disagree with those that say it is over-hyped/over-rated. If you feel like that; cool, good for you. But it fails to rain on my parade when I wear this weapons grade masterpiece. Projection is strong and longevity on me can go on for +14 hours. Opening is fresh and invigorating. Dry down could be a top seller on its own. Yeah, it's expensive and almost nobody in my neck of the woods has ever heard of it. But it never fails to give me an opportunity to educate an AdG user(no offense).

Pros: This baby is a WMD
Cons: Price...I guess..."

07th September, 2013
This is a "Go Get-Her" Masterpiece Creation

I know this site is called "Basenotes" but let's not get into all that. I'm going to keep it real. This fragrance here, you can't go wrong. Let me take that back, you can go wrong depending on where you purchase. Do you research and make sure it's the real deal Holyfield. Two things to know about Creed. DO NOT purchase this from a unknown non-reputable merchant. If you are unsure where to buy, purchase from the original location itself at the official UK Creed store. Shipping is available. It may be just a tad more expensive because of Euro to Dollar. Also, understand that this is sold as an eau de toilette as well as an eau de parfum. Both smell exactly the same, one just last a great deal longer. Prices may vary. I promise you this, a few full sprays of this and you'll notice your level of confidence rise to the occasion. Women love a man that smells good. And this fragrance is subpar to none.

Pros: Crisp, Clean, Fresh, Heavenly
Cons: Price maybe... But if you want "Quality", you gotta spend."

20th August, 2013
Great Everyday Frag

This is probably one of my favorite fragrances. In the morning while I'm deciding what fragrance to wear, it usually comes down between this and aventus.

Its very fresh, and the violet stands out to me, but the opening is what I dont like.

Usually people dislike the dry down, but enjoy the opening. I rather enjoy the scent an hour or two in.

When I go to work, I usually put on two or three sprays and I'm good for the day. Heck, even the next morning when I take a shower it rejuves the frag from the previous day and I can still smell it.

Not many lot/batch issues either.

Love it!!

Pros: Fresh, Great dry down
Cons: Smells different at first.."

18th August, 2013
Absolute classic. Masterpiece of a scent!

What more can one say about this work of art. Olivier Creed successfully bottled a bright, cool summers day while lush field grasses dance about in the wind. Think citrus, fresh vibrant grasses ... cotton linens blowing on the line. To me, Green Irish Tweed embodies it all.

As far as the scent breakdown, there's a lot going on much so it's hard to really nail down the nuances. It's quite unique. Opens up with a blast of airy goodness...full of citrus and fresh vibrant grasses. As it dries down, that green freshness is joined by slight floral notes. Finally, an underlying wisp of cedar and woodiness add support along the journey.

Probably my most complimented scent. Good projection and longevity.

Pros: Aromatic. Bright and airy. Quality ingredients. Top notch bottle and sprayer.
Cons: None."

18th August, 2013
Love it

I love the this scent. I am fan of Bond No. 9 and I own a few bottles of the Chez Bond. GIT has a mature scent to you and it also dries down with a nice bold clean scent. Year round favorite scent.

Pros: Nice opening and longevity
Cons: PRICE..... UGH "

02nd August, 2013