Reviews of Green Irish Tweed by Creed

Herb Citrus took a
Fancy ride with Amber Gris
And Violet Leaf.
14th October, 2017
Highest quality summer signature scent out there.
I wish i can afford to be more liberal with this stuff, and use it more often .
High quality and very pleasing scent all around.
Onlything i dont like about this is the price ..

I am now waiting for my Tres Nuit coming in this week , if it's half as good as GIT i will be extremely happy .......

10th October, 2017
Bottle:
Minimalist but very nice. List on side of bottle is woody, fresh spicy, citrus, leather.

Longevity:

Celebrity I imagine wearing this:
Clint Eastwood
Pierce Brosnan

Scent:
The single best masculine fragrance ever made.
The beginning is fresh sparkling green lemon verbena. The violet leaf and ambergris gives it a masculine edge that is marine but not aquatic. I think the base smells like the ocean. Oily and marine. A true gentleman's timeless fragrance.
30th September, 2017

GIT was my signature scent for 18 years, that was until they reformulated it.
The latest 2017 offering is nothing like vintage GIT (1995-2012) which is a real shame, as it was a MASTERPIECE, they 'new' version is simply not even close to the original.
In fact, i'd say the latest 2017 batch smells more like a less chemical smelling Aspen spliced with CW or even one of those smell alike jobbies you get on Ebay or Amazon.

If you think i'm wide of the mark by saying GIT has changed massively, consider this;
How can this still smell the same when the notes and where they are placed in the frag have changed? Its no longer the same ingredients or composition that was launched in '85, so surely it must smell different?

If you don't believe me not only have they added Lemon and Peppermint to the Top notes they have also removed Iris and put it in the Base and in doing so Creed have killed GIT's legendary opening

The notes listed above are wrong with the new notes being:
Top notes: Lemon, Indian Verbena, Peppermint
Heart notes: Violet leaves
Base notes: Florentine Iris, Sandalwood, Ambergris

Rant over, I'm off to find a new signature scent.............
25th September, 2017
Nice fresh frag very grassy with a touch of lemon in the opening. I am surprised I like it as it reminds me of opening a lawnmower. Expensive considering the cheaper alternatives that smell very similar. I do have to say though compared to Coolwater it is in a league of its own. moderate to good projection and good longevity on me. 7/10
26th July, 2017
Starts off lemony. I like it. There's something there that reminds me of Polo. It dried out and I still definitely smell it. Longevity lasted about 4hrs. My second Creed. Longevity average. Projection average. Nobody commented
Second try, didn't notice it at all once I left for work.
15th July, 2017
An extremely classy, elegant and versatile scent that even Creed's detractors give grudging respect to. This fragrance has a fresh cut grass and lemon verbena opening that is somehow familiar and yet unique. The rest of the fragrance's development is similar in producing a slightly nostalgic and yet timeless and classy aura. A great all round fragrance which can be worn in any situation and season (don't let anyone tell you otherwise). Perfectly unisex in fact and perfectly composed.

Fresh cut grass, citrus, iris, violet leaf and ambergris (presumably synthetic) done to perfection.

05th July, 2017
One of my favorite fragrances. The green opening is outstanding and puts me in a good mood whenever I wear it. Dry down is extremely pleasant. Longevity is at least 8 hours. Silage is excellent. More of a casual scent for warm weather months but can hold its own in the winter. I don't get the Cool Water comparisons which is too bad because I'd love to spend much less to get this scent. They're in the same ballpark but still quite different. GIT is truly one of a kind.
15th June, 2017 (last edited: 20th June, 2017)
This is number 1 on my wish list. Just need to take the Mrs out for a few nice meals to butter her up and then it's all mine!!!

Personally I get the hype. I sampled this just the other day and it really is stunning. But not just evening stunning. It's anytime of day stunning. I can see the comparisons to Cool Water and anyone who denies this either has no nose or is coming from a snobbish point of few. Saying that, Green Irish Tweed is so much better. Take Cool Water, Add some spice and a bucket full of class and sophistication and you end up with Green Irish Tweed.

Update.....I now own and am enjoying very much.
02nd May, 2017 (last edited: 06th June, 2017)
A beautiful green mossy fragrance with good projection and okay longevity. I kind of understand the comparisons with Davidoff Cool Water, but in a completely different league in terms of quality. I find GIT more understated and classy compared to CW in the same way a well fitted tweed sports jacket compares to a Harrington jacket.

This is what I'd like to say about this scent, but like almost all Creed fragrances it's overrated, synthetic and pretentious! :-(
19th March, 2017 (last edited: 06th May, 2017)
This is another "old money" scent that recalls class and elegance. What sets GIT apart from the other 80's powerhouses is the use of Florentine Iris, a high quality Sandalwood from Mysore and real Ambergris extract; all masterfully blended in a rather simple formula. The Violet note adds just the right touch of sweetness and balances nicely with the touch of Lemon.

I can't say that this fragrance is particularly unisex as since I have never smelled this on a female. Green Irish Tweed has had many accolades over the years, but I've always purchased it because it's elegant and pretty much perfect for any occasion. Silage and longevity are outstanding as well they should be for the price of purchase.
16th February, 2017
Opens with a mothball smell to me but shortly after that it turns into a nice green scent. After trying it for a few months it impresses me as a "real" scent that I wouldn't hesitate to use regularly.
06th February, 2017
The quality, sillage and projection is really excellent with this fragrance and it's a great daytime work scent.

Cool water is very close to GIT with the former having less flower accords and adding a slight chlorinated water scent. I think if someone were to buy vintage cool water they would get very close to the same effect with less performance thus offering better value for money.

I don't regret buying it but in this day and age there are more interesting scents out there.
28th January, 2017 (last edited: 29th January, 2017)

I have gone from really really liking GIT to absolutely loving GIT.
For my nose, this scent has it all; lovely, evocative opening; green, sensual mids and almost a warm, sexy base.
I know that this is supposed to evoke green fields (doesn't need to be Ireland either), but what it conjurs for me is my boyhood summer days spent lying on the lush lawns of our local suburban swimming pool. Great fragrances reach into our subconscious and remind us of things that we thought were only imagined, but actually experienced.
I have received a compliment from someone 6 feet away, 6 hours into a wear, so sillage is there. I smell it on me after 10 hours.
Best thing is that it's versatile and i would wear this in any weather, for any occasion.
Icon.
19th January, 2017 (last edited: 13th March, 2017)
Over hyped and over priced.

Green, fresh, inoffensive. Something I wear to work.

It isn't this unique "masterpiece" that I have to pair with a suit or every special occasion.

It's a good fragrance, but no where near as good as the hype or the price.
16th January, 2017
A genre-defining scent from Creed. One can find imitators aplenty of this formula - some decent (e.g. Curve), others atrocious - but GIT has the unique Creed accord that few can imitate (namely, the ambergris).

GIT is worth the price for the evident quality construction by the house of Creed. It's tart, floral, bright and dignified. I don't know if I'd personally wear it for other than informal occasions (to each his or her own), due to its citrus components. Nonetheless, worth a try for any serious scent enthusiast looking for a legendary fragrance.
16th December, 2016
GIT is simply a masterpiece! It's been around for over 30 years, but it hasn't lost its touch. Even though it's viewed as "dated" among fragrance enthusiasts, the high price point seems to benefit those looking for something truly unique. This is true for Creed fragrances in general. Among the general public, it's likely that other men around you won't be wearing this, which allows you to stand out in a good way.

Green Irish Tweed, as it's name suggests, smells very green. Like a grassy hillside in early morning. It begins its life as a sweet floral scent with a hint of fresh citrus. It dries down to a soft woody scent, but doesn't lose the fresh green signature.

This was my first Creed scent, and it has pretty much ruined me when it comes to wearing anything of lower quality! Most other fragrances on the market smell very synthetic compared to this.
03rd December, 2016 (last edited: 04th December, 2016)
Tubby Show all reviews
A wonderful green, fresh masculine scent. Great longevity and sillage. The classic ambergris dry down. My signature
25th November, 2016
Awesome. Best in class.
11th October, 2016
Feels like a cold, foggy morning in a place where some green leaves & a hint of flowers (marigold, lavender & tiny bit of jasmine) have been chopped off & cold water has been sprinkled upon them.
As the times goes by it loses the greenness while the salty musk starts coming upfront.

Smells very natural.

It does remind me of cool water, but cool water is GIT + chlorinated swimming pool water.

Projection: 8/10
Longevity: 10 hours

14th July, 2016 (last edited: 16th July, 2016)
Amazing gentlemen's scent. To my nose similar to several scents including Cool Water, Hugo Boss and Paul Smith which do lean more sweet smelling and don't come close to GIT. But they are similar with Hugo Boss being the most similar to me (at least as it heads to the dry down). GIT smells of sophistication. I have worn this for more than 10 years and will always have a bottle in my collection. Enjoy!
15th May, 2016 (last edited: 28th September, 2016)
Fresh and pure...

What a great smelling fragrance! It really feels like walking through the countryside on a cold, dewy morning... with the aromas of the vegetation and greenery mixed with that cold, damp air!

To me there is a lot going on here. Lemon verbena, moss, some orris, sandalwood and ambergirs. It's an incredible smell. I think this is quite pleasing and inoffensive, everyone will like this. On the other hand, I do feel that looking back, even though it is a great example of it's kind, it's not as incredible a smell as people make it out to be. That's probably because it's a victim of it's own success I guess. The comparisons to the aquatic fragrances seem to knock this down a little. I for one like it very much, but the comparisons are there.

Again, as with all Creed fragrances, it's up to you to decide whether to spend the money for a full bottle or not. If it smells great to you, and you have the money, sure. I do appreciate what it does but I still think there are a host of fragrances which have copied this at a lower price point. A victim of it's own success perhaps, but still a great classic of male fragrances. Very very good!
20th April, 2016
If i spray my car tyre with cool water and do a burn out and then smell it, it will smell like GIT. I have no idea how come not even a single creed fragrance has ever impressed me.
11th April, 2016
Breathtaking verbena opening, leading to masculine florals sitting on top of that shimmering ambergris base. One of my most worn fragrances.
31st March, 2016
An awesome classic. Emanates a calm feeling of confidence and luxury. GIT is it.
18th March, 2016
Such hype for this one, classic status as well. I was prepared for something tweedy, sharp, pungent, sort of a citrus chypre, considering the ingredients. What I get is a dull, poor, generic oceanic-woody, imitated ad nauseum in department store designer bottles selling for under $20.

Created for Cary Grant? I don't think so. This came out in 1985 and dear Cary went to glory in 1986. This may have done him in if he did indeed ever wear it. It doesn't say much for the tastes of other celebrities that supposedly wore it: Robert Redford, Richard Gere, Quincy Jones.

So common, so unremarkable, so lacking in imagination and/or creativity as to be for my nose an emperor's new clothes sort of olfactory joke.

Vastly disappointing.
16th March, 2016
A big thumbs up for Creed's Green Irish Tweed. The strange thing is, I had the same experience as Young Amateur. The first time I wore GIT, I didn't like it. It was the sharp grass smell that initially turned my nose away, but today I tried it again, and I had one of the most enjoyable days I've ever had wearing a fragrance. GIT becomes one of the most refreshing and enjoyable scents in my recent memory as it drys down. Just a spring day of a fragrance that feels classy and fresh. I will be getting a bottle of Green Irish Tweed to go along with all of my other Creed's. I have come to love so many of their fragrances. They cost so much, but I enjoy them so much as well, They are my guilty pleasure. GIT is another winner from the House of Creed.
10th March, 2016
This year is a great year for Greed Irish Tweed. Lot number S3215R01 is the best batch I've smelled since 09. Very similar batches.

This batch has a strong verbena with undertones of lemon. I really like that the lemon is subtle in this batch. The iris is a strong player in the heart notes this time around. I love the mysore sandalwood. I think the ambergris could come out a little more, but I really like this years batch.
02nd February, 2016
CMac17 Show all reviews
Lives up to the hype. Before wearing this, I had never delved into the "cult of Creed," but I am very glad to be on the dark side now (I just wish it wasn't so darn expensive!) After spraying this on, I was immediately hit with a grassy scent that I hadn't smelled before in a fragrance. It has that characteristic scent of wet grass with a citrus punch. After a little while, the violet begins to push through in the composition, leading way to a nice powdery dry down. A fantastic addition to any wardrobe if the funds are available. If they're not, you can always just buy a bunch of samples and hope they're from the same batch like me!
26th December, 2015
Masterpiece. Tom Cruise driving an Aston Martin through the woods of Pacific Northwest on a sunny day. Organic Cool Water perfectly blended.
04th December, 2015